The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

As me a question...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
And yet another one becomes victim to the craze... :crazy   If there is anyone to blame for this madness, it's the one who started it all! :exactly

As said, give me a question, and I'll give my honest answer, may it be mostly a stupid simple one...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What is it that you think is so crazy and mad about this section?
(Personally I think it is a great idea to get to know each other better. Moreover it is sometimes a good feeling of being asked something. The section became impressively active too. So what is wrong with it?)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hehe. Me guilty. :smile

Who is your favorite character in LBT?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
To Malte:  Eh...  It just looks like one of those raves that pop up out of nowhere.  Plus, you do know I'm not that big a conversationalist...  But you're right.  It probably does feel good to be asked something.

To Rat_Lady:  Most of all it's Littlefoot.  For some reason, I found myself with a similar personality to him when I was little.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Did you read my Darwin's Soldiers story Card of Ten? If so, what did you think?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Where did you come up with your character names for Darwin's Soldiers (like Snow, Dr. Joe, Vic Summers...) ?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Good question.  It took me a while to think of that one.  Being a new RPer a long time ago, I was experimenting in creating different characters for different types of RPs, and I happened to have a few on hand for Darwin's Soldiers.

Victor "Vic" Summers:  I try keeping the names of my characters simple as possible, and my most main of characters, like Vic here, were to have a last name of either Summers, Winters, or Green.  When I got the name of Victor for my char's first name, Summers was the best last name for him.

Josephine "Dr Joe" Smithson:  This char I had for a while, but she had no name other than Dr Joe until Darwin's Soldiers.  I needed a normal name for her, but couldn't come up with one until I remembered a not-so-used name Josephine and quickly followed up with a Smithson.

Snow:  I had a wolf character with white fur and no name, and was stuck between Snow and Luna.  When Darwin's Soldiers came, I decided to change her to a white German Shepherd and Snow became an easier choice.

Feral:  That was inspired by Commander Feral of SWAT Katz.  Almost a similar personality, but this Feral can really handle a job. ;)

Aiko:  This was also a hard name to come up with an Akita char.  I wanted the name to be simple but Japanese to fit his breed.  Although the name may not be truly Japanese, it sounded quite nice for his personality.

Ariol:  I always have a cold-hearted hitman on hand for many RPs, and Ariol was one of his many names, besides Wraith, Gabriel, Lucias, and so on...

I'm sure that's all of my chars I've been using in Darwin's Soldiers.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Where did you come up with your character for the free-form fantasy RP?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The free-form fantasy characters are just some of a long list of chars set to D&D.  Some of them are playable, while others are more story-based:

Halo, the Air Gensai Planetouched:  He was a playable character I at first wanted to be a monk, but I'd rather give him a Neutral Good alignment (cause monks have to have a Lawful alignment) and make him a fighter proficient with one of my favorite weapons.

Shiana, the Half-Elf:  She was more of a story character set in a sea adventure setting when I read up on a D&D book that specializes in ocean settings.

Youri, the Nimblewright:  He's also a playable character kind of set with Shiana for ocean action.  So far, he is the only living construct in Version 3.5 I liked well enough to create a character from.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Are my answers making me look boring to everyone?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no
what book type is your favorite to read/
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mystery novels.  I've read mysteries since when I was a kid and still do to this day.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
You described the first Darwin's Soldiers as "a furry Resident Evil. What made you come up with that description, also, why did you join the RP?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
With just about everything happening underground in supposedly dark hallways and the story about a secret weapon's program, I first thought it sounded like a furry Resident Evil.  And I joined because I never tried a modern-time furry (well, partial furry) RPG before.  I've been in more fantasy-based furry RPGs.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
what is your favorite mystery novel?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
When I was younger, I read most of the Boxcar Children mysteries.  Now my favorite murder mysteries are written by Joann Fluke.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
interesting i read a lot of boxcar children then nancy drew and hardy books.. anyway if you had to pick your five favorite books what would they be
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What is your favorite genre of music?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nick:  I'll have to come back with you on that.  Sadly, I haven't been reading anything other than cookbooks, magazines, and books about military vehicles.  The most recent novel started on was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke.

Serris:  It kind of phases throughout my time, but I still collect music from many genres.  The top genre I'm listening to now is Symphonic Metal.  Nightwish, Within Tempation, Sonata Artica, Symphony X, etc.