The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Official Saw 3D Thread

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/21636/sa...vr75q4n?show=hi

Looks amazing!  :)  :)  :)  And it's confirmed that this is it, this is Saw's finale!

All other updates about the movie are to be put in this thread.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
All I can say: :wow  :wow

Sad that this is it, though.  I guess all good things must come to an end at one time or another :confused.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/comicconnews.php?id=15982

An article was a description of the Comic con clip!  :)  :)  :)

The trap's result sounds nasty....

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One thing I learned from reading posts on House of Jigsaw:

The trap you briefly see in the trailer where the people are holding on above spinning blades, those blades are supposed to be upside down lawnmowers!  :blink:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah, Saw's finale....like Friday the 13th: The final Chapter and Final Nightmare were supposed to end their respective franchises. Suuuuuuuurrrre... Yeah, I anticipate another Saw movie coming out in the next year or so.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, in Saw's defense, Final Nightmare was technically the last film in the original NOES continuity (New Nightmare and Freddy Vs. Jason don't connect well to the first 6.), and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter happened when the series was at it's peak of it's box-office returns.

Saw's been on the decline financial wise since IV, so I believe this could legitimately be the last one.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Unless it makes waves at the boxoffice because it is the last. It if does that, expect them to revive somehow. Heck, the executives might even be trying to stimulate business by 'declaring' it to be the last. All I know is that Slasher flicks that made big bucks have a tendency of not remaining over with.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll admit that's likely. But I read in interviews since they are assuming this'll be the last one, they brought in some plot points there were saving for a potential eighth film and mixed it with VII.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am incredibly excited to see this movie for a number of reasons, but mostly because Dr. Gordon is confirmed alive! I have been dieing to learn what the hell happened to him, and we kept getting teased with whether or not he was actually dead or not. I am so happy he is coming back in this movie, the final movie, to help tie things together.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Acutally, I did read at shocktillyoudrop that they are currently working on 8th Saw movie, and its coming out next year. I forgot the release date, and the URL it was so long ago, but I think that's what it said.

EDIT: This says that Saw VIII is confirmed and they haven't dismissed the ideas from Saw IX. I look for more news about, who knows, maybe Brek will get luckier, and they'll do a Saw X.

http://saw8movietrailer.blogspot.com/

Poster for Saw VIII

That's all I'm gonna search for. But dig around through here for anything else.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's just a Saw II poster with the number changed. It's fan-made.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: brekclub85,Sep 11 2010 on  11:30 AM
That's just a Saw II poster with the number changed. It's fan-made.
 :oops

Oh. I wouldn't know, cause i've never seen any of the posters. But are excited about the news I gave you about VIII and IX?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That was before VI didn't do so well financially, they decided to make VII the final one, there won't be an 8.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought that VI was supposed to be the last one. I can't say i've been keeping track though. The first one was good, the 2nd one was decent, and then it goes downhill from there imo. I'm not going to be watching this one.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh. I wouldn't know, cause i've never seen any of the posters. But are excited about the news I gave you about VIII and IX?

If you look at the date of the article, that news is from 2009. The status of Saw VIII was depending on how well Saw VI did at the box office. Because it lost to Paranormal Activity, producers decided Saw VII would be the last movie, and plot points that would have been in Saw VIII would be incorporated to Saw VII.

I thought that VI was supposed to be the last one

Originally, there weren't supposed to be any sequels at all. Nobody knew how well the first movie was going to do, but since it did so well Saw II was made, in which the producers imagined a trilogy. Because fan response was still popular, producers slated a new trilogy, and then Tobin Bell, the actor who portrays John Kramer (Jigsaw), was slated til Saw X (if you could believe ten saw movies). It was only when Saw IV and V did poorly at box office that the future number of movies was steadily reduced to Saw IX, then Saw VIII, and now Saw VII as the final movie.

I doubt the series will continue unless Saw 3D does well in the box office. Considering it's going up against Paranormal Activity II, I'm not sure how well it will do.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, the release date of Saw 3d has been pushed back one week to October 29th, so it won't come out on the same day as Paranormal Activity II.

And since there isn't going to be a "Demand it!" thing with PA2 unlike the first one, it'll start with a wide release on it's first weekend, and in this day and age a horror movie only seems to do really good on opening weekend.

And who knows, maybe the Paranormal Activity sequel will get the same reaction Blair Witch 2 did.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also, addressing the "horror series won't end when they say they will" thing, even if they do have more sequels, the people involved in making them DO intend them to be the finale at the time they are made.

I got the recent Deluxe Edition of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, and one of the features was an alternate ending with commentary. The director said in it that the reason the alternate ending wasn't used was because it opened the possibility to another sequel. So the man did believe he was making the final Friday at the time.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So, from all the trailers, here are the traps we know of so far:

1. The Public trap with the table saws.
2. Jill's trap with the Go Kart.
3. The trap with the main character (Bobby) suspended in a cage above spikes.
4. The car trap.
5. The two people holding onto bars above spinning blades (Which are apparently upside down lawnmowers!  :blink:  )
6. The women strapped to the table/wall/whatever with the broken pipes coming toward her eyes and mouth.