The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Marzgurl Discusses TLBT Movies

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Yeah, reviewing and flaming a person's childhood can make you mad, but you just have to learn and accept their own opinion.

Not everyone is going to like what you like; we all have our different tastes.

It still sort of puzzles me why the second one gets hated on by people; it was a decent film in my opinion, and nowhere near as bad as the following sequels after that...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Well, apparently I'm the only one, but I actually like her reviews. As a fan of Dungeons&Dragons, Half Life:Full Life Consequences, and Star Trek, I love bashing things I enjoy, and it doesn't bother me. Frankly I watch her reviews for what they are; reviews. Negative reviews can be fun to watch too, and any sort of press for the Land Before Time at least gets more people to see it.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Mar 22 2011 on  08:44 PM
Well, apparently I'm the only one, but I actually like her reviews.
You're not the only one LB&T. I like her reviews as well. You can tell that she is not bashing these movies as a hater because she did give positive feedback to IV and V. Sure we may not agree with her about II and III, but she does at least have merit to her reviews.

She is not dictating that we cannot watch these sequels, it's just her opinion. Since she reviewed the first movie, she's probably received a lot of requests to do the rest of the franchise as well. Yes, the entire franchise has already been reviewed by the various members of the website, but it's nice to get her opinion on them as well.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah!  Here it is!  Number 7.

The Land Before Time 7: The Stone of Cold Fire

Let's see what she has to say, shall we? :)

Edit: Oh, and one last thing, I have a REAL pet peeve with this one.  Seriously, for me this one was terrible for too many reasons to count.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 23 2011 on  12:46 AM
Ah!  Here it is!  Number 7.

Edit: Oh, and one last thing, I have a REAL pet peeve with this one.  Seriously, for me this one was terrible for too many reasons to count.
Ha! Jokes on you, she liked it better than the last ones.  :nyah

Though like she said at the end, she's reviewing less on any new stuff they throw in, and more on their faithfulness to the original.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Mar 23 2011 on  02:58 AM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 23 2011 on  12:46 AM
Ah!  Here it is!  Number 7.

Edit: Oh, and one last thing, I have a REAL pet peeve with this one.  Seriously, for me this one was terrible for too many reasons to count.
Ha! Jokes on you, she liked it better than the last ones.  :nyah

Though like she said at the end, she's reviewing less on any new stuff they throw in, and more on their faithfulness to the original.
Well, at least we were on the same wavelength with Petrie.  I'm sorry, but this was the movie that made me dislike Petrie the most.

Seriously, it did him NO favors.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally the movie didn't make me like Petrie less. I don't really see what was so terrible about his performance in the movie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh boy!  In my whole-hearted opinion, this one nearly killed the franchise.

The Land Before Time 8: The Big Freeze

And it's more than just the final song that I hate about this movie.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You know what? I saw reviews for 2 and three and I didn't mind them. :)

I thought she made some valid points on LBT 2 like the fact that the t-rex parents somehow lost the baby egg and they didn't recognize their kid until the last 10 minutes of the movie. And the villains  aren't really effective villains if the only "villainy" thing they crave is eggs and not taking over the world. Or the great valley in this case. Just like Marzgurl I don't really like the music either.

Now LBT 3, the whole movie basically revolves around water and water holes. The Bullies as villains is indeed an epic fail. You have to admit, Topsy is a bad singer :lol And I'll admit, for a kids film their are a lot of slow and dragged out scenes in this entire film. This film really could have been a 30min long film. And here is a big question that we should discuss about; The Great Valley is suppose to be a peaceful place where peace lives on but why is their so many unfortunate events happening there? Plus, the first three films all end up in tar pits.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And now the movie with the continuity problem.

The Land Before Time 10: The Great Longneck Migration

Let's see if she takes the time to point that out, shall we?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been agreeing with most of the points she's been bringing up. X did bring in about a  million and a half series plotholes.

I wonder if she'll have anything to say about the tv series as well?
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I also agree with a lot of her citicisms, but I guess what it comes down to is if the flaws are deal breakers for someone. Obviously, I'm totally with the sequels up 'til 11. 11 and on are just pure crap to me. I'll enjoy watching her tear those apart.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
As much as I really like Bron, I agree with her criticism on his character in terms of plot holes. If that's the case, then why do I like Bron? I don't really know to be honest. I guess I was just glad that Littlefoot finally met his father, even though it was quite a rocky meeting.

I also really liked Shorty. He served as a nice foil to Littlefoot. I felt sorry for him when he felt like Bron was ignoring him and giving more attention to his new found son.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
She's also proved that Bron is in fact an imposter!
Littlefoot would be better off not having a father.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: oogaboo,Apr 18 2011 on  02:08 PM
She's also proved that Bron is in fact an imposter!
Littlefoot would be better off not having a father.
An imposter? How?

If that's the case, then Littlefoot's grandpa and grandma were also in on it. It was not Bron who stated he was Littlefoot's father; it was his grandfather. If Bron is an imposter, it's not really his fault; it would be grandpa longneck for deliberately telling Littlefoot a lie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
At least we can all agree that this one doesn't have the same flaws as 10.

The Land Before Time 11: Invasion of the Tinysauruses

And this was the movie that got me back into TLBT?  Shocker! :blink:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Eh, I wasn't too fond of Littlefoot lying to get his own hide out of trouble, myself. Seriously, the kid's faced death so many times why would facing the consequences to an accident scare him?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Apr 21 2011 on  01:06 AM
Eh, I wasn't too fond of Littlefoot lying to get his own hide out of trouble, myself. Seriously, the kid's faced death so many times why would facing the consequences to an accident scare him?
I agree with your thought, but at the same time we have to remember that most kids wont relate to all the near-death experiences that Littlefoot has faced throughout the course of the films. What they will relate to is something like this. Having said that, I agree that I didn't find it as effective, because he was only partially lying. If he had just admitted that he accidentally caused the sweets to fall off the tree, then it would have solved the problem much quicker.

I still enjoyed the movie, despite its flaws.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
True enough. Then how come Cera couldn't have caused it? She's lied plenty of times.