The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

[YT] To let you know: My acc. has been terminated

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know about the unusual account details, but I assume if you enter your phone number they won't track you down. I've had to receive a text message from google before to verify my account, and that was about 1 year ago. I did not receive any mail, calls or texts from them since. You should be fine with submitting your phone info.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Craptube's a piece of cancer. If you have your videos saved, you should upload them to Dailymotion. They're a lot more laid back there.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Just FYI, I had my account terminated once (for the same reasons), and I was still able to save it. If you'd even bothered to look for videos on how to do that, you wouldn't need to make this thread and rant about it. :p

EDIT: Proof.
(reactivation of my account by filing in a counter-claim to 2 videos of mine which was copyrighted, but still clearly lies in the context of fair-use; though for the third strike, I'll admit, it's definitely not "fair-use", so I only managed to lift up 2 strikes, which was already good enough for me)

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Waluigifan,Mar 24 2011 on  11:30 PM
I've searched the "YouTube Help Forums" and didn't find anything decent. There was no thread about "My account is suspended, and now a screen where I have to enter my mobile phone number shows up. What should I do?". I just found a help topic about how to enter the mobile phone number.
I didn't say anything about finding it on the Help forums, I said to find it on YouTube. That's why I said:
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007 on  
If you'd even bothered to look for videos on how to do that...

What happens when I file a counter-claim notification with the knowledge of violating YouTube's ToS? I clearly uploaded complete songs of a R&B artist, without the permit of the respective owners. In some cases I even provided a download link.
You didn't "violate" anything. YouTube's system is s*** that way. That's why there are thousands of users on YT who were able to reactivate their accounts a few days after termination.

Do I have to fear consequences if I file a counter-claim notification even though I KNOW (or even intended to) that I violated YouTube's ToS?
The answer is obvious. And it's even more obvious if you know how "fair use" actually works.