The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Portal 2 just came out today!

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working on my Vista computer. Keeps crashing right after the Valve logo and first loading screen. On the forums it seems loads of users are having the same problem. Hope somebody finds a solution soon.

Has anyone else had better luck with the game? Is it awesome? :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've heard that there are a few teething issues with the d/ls of Portal 2. Seeing as Steam got the flippin' thing a few days early (thanx to enough pre-orders for d/l), I'd imagine there must be some one up there in Valve HQ working on a patch but I haven't seen anything as of yet. I preordered my copy of Portal 2 for PS3 which hopefully should land on Friday.

And to pay tribute to the laughs and fun of the Portal (now) series, I replayed the first one last night. Game cracks me up :lol

Will be interesting to see and hear what GLaDos comes up with this time around. :DD

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Actually it came out yesterday... XD

And I have no problems with the game at all, running it on Windows XP Professional SP3. I'd upgrade to Windows 7, if I were you, or at least try making it run in compatibility mode - locate the game's actual executable, then enable compatibility mode from there.

So anyway, here's a brief clip of one of the funnier Wheatley moments in the game. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BraxPtSHHI

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Apr 20 2011 on  08:42 AM
Actually it came out yesterday... XD
Yeah I know! Steam's promise was that if enough people preordered it, they'd bring the release date forward. Which they did! :DD. Console players have to wait til tomorrow for Portal 2 to hit the shelves (well, over here we do anyway)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Played it already....and clocked it...and it was awesome!

"Oh hi! How are you holding up? Cause I'm a potato!"

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Valve still hasn't fixed my bug :(
I'm actually getting really angry. I stayed up late to buy it the second it was available, then waited an extra 3 hours for it to download on my crappy college bandwidth, and now three days and two nights have passed, and I still can't play. All of my friends have long finished the game and I can't talk to any of them about it.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
How long is the game? I really liked the first one, but if this is the same length I'll probably wait until it gets cheaper.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Got it last weekend. Finished the Co-op campaign and sorking through the single player. Gotta say, it's just as much fun as the previous one and I'm loving the quirky quotes and one-liners. Instant comedy! Definitely worth the pick up!

How long is the game? I really liked the first one, but if this is the same length I'll probably wait until it gets cheaper.

Portal 2 is MUCH much bigger this time around bushwacked. Got a 5-7hr single player campaign and a co-op campaign too that can be played locally or online (once the PSN sorts out it's hacking issue). Considering the first Portal was an additional extra with the Orange Box and could be clocked in about 2-3hrs, you're definitely getting more with this title. If you can hold off, it's always better coz the price will drop eventually but if you're an impatient bugger like me and need big AAA titles now then if you've got the bills, go get it! If you liked the last one, you'll have no issue with this one. More of the same but better ;)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Portal 2 is MUCH much bigger this time around bushwacked. Got a 5-7hr single player campaign and a co-op campaign too that can be played locally or online (once the PSN sorts out it's hacking issue). Considering the first Portal was an additional extra with the Orange Box and could be clocked in about 2-3hrs, you're definitely getting more with this title. If you can hold off, it's always better coz the price will drop eventually but if you're an impatient bugger like me and need big AAA titles now then if you've got the bills, go get it! If you liked the last one, you'll have no issue with this one. More of the same but better wink.gif

That's good, I am really impatient, and I have the bills, so I'll definitely get it now. Really looking forward to it, thanks for the response  :D

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No worries! Juuusst lookin' out for the gaming community ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
GLaDos:The Aperture Science Enrichment Center are pleased to inform you that Portal 2 is now available. For the convenience of those around you, please acknowledge it.
Failure to get hold of Portal 2 will result in an unsatisfactory remark on your test report... followed by death.

Totally getting this one! Loved the first one and I'm certain that this one will be even better. Truly a shame that my Ps3 currently is on repair because of that godforsaken YLOD...  
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Anyone have this game for 360 and haven't played the co-op yet? I'm looking for someone to play it with, as I've rented it on gamefly. My gamertag is Campion608, hoping to play it with at least someone

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if it was put in place for 360 players, but if you have a console copy of Portal 2, you should be able to sign up to the Steam Cloud via your console (provided you have a Steam account on PC). In doing so, you can then d/l a free copy of Portal 2 thru Steam onto your PC and play via PC.

I have Portal 2 but I've got it for PS3. It would have been fun to play with you Campion but I haven't set my PC d/l up either. Sorry about that.

Just as a side note, anoyone who DOES have Portal 2 should check out the new dlc for it. It's free and it's a continuation of the co-op story (so I've been told). Go grab it now if you haven't done so already!