The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 113525

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Looks like it'll be like 4 perhaps.   As for the original, I honestly think that'll be hard to do again, and, if it is, can only be done once more.   For one thing, they'd have to grow a spine and kill someone off.  

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Why? Lots of children's entertainment has a serious dark edge to it these days. Since going the more lighthearted route with LBT inevitably failed them, why not start going dark again?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know I don't expect to see darkest events in next LBT movies again.
that would be huge surprise if they do that

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It might be good for the series if they did, though. Gravity Falls is basically the best cartoon on the air right now.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wait best what; we'll if we're sticking to under TV-14... lol

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 1 2015 on  03:50 AM
Why? Lots of children's entertainment has a serious dark edge to it these days. Since going the more lighthearted route with LBT inevitably failed them, why not start going dark again?
Being darker may not benefit the series much, and I doubt anyone in LBT 14's staff has the gonads to bring the tone back to the franchise's roots. From an outsider perspective, the LBT sequels (the latest ones especially) seem to be geared more towards elementary school children, probably under age 10. (I mean, that's when the LBT craze was highest for me.) The children's entertainment of today you mention seem more geared towards the middle-schoolers from what I see.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The original is still the best and none of the sequels are its equal, so I can only see going darker as a benefit.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 2 2015 on  12:26 AM
The original is still the best and none of the sequels are its equal, so I can only see going darker as a benefit.
In your opinion, of course.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, it is objective fact that the original is the best. And I will hear NO argument.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
No, it is objective fact that the original is the best.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Remember though that people do have the right to disagree if they feel different about it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There may be people who don't like the first movie as much as some of the sequels. I'm not one of them but I'm also not one of those who rant about the sequels and one of the few people here who actually wouldn't wanna burn the Yellowbellies alive.
There may be people who like certain sequels better because of their favourite character appearing in it for example or people who just didn't grow up with the first movie but with the newer sequels and the Tv-series.
It's not okay to claim it is the best movie without allowing any different opinions...
Inactive, probably forever.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Oct 30 2015 on  07:06 AM
Yeah, the benefit of the doubt is the way I usually like to go. Kind of like with the new Star Wars movie. If it's good, awesome, if it's bad, oh well. I can still watch the originals :lol
Omg DarkWolf91! I haven't heard from you in ages! But I can agree with that opinion, lt's hope XIV doesn't flop though.
8 years with TGOF :yum

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
They are allowed to subjectively like a sequel better, but the original is objectively better. I will not hear otherwise.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 3 2015 on  01:55 PM
They are allowed to subjectively like a sequel better, but the original is objectively better. I will not hear otherwise.
Everyone is allowed an opinion, WR, and opinions about artistic quality are, by their very nature, subjective.  It isn't like someone can perform a repeatable scientific experiment that will confirm that some film is better.  Although the original is my favorite, and it is the film of the series to have won the most critical success and popular praise, the issue of if it is the best or not is something that cannot be proven objectively.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ What rhombus says.

I agree with your estimation WR, but no differing opinions are prohibited or even discouraged on the GOF.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 3 2015 on  02:46 AM
No, it is objective fact that the original is the best. And I will hear NO argument.
I never knew it was illegal to say the sequels can be as good or better than the original. :p

FYI, my opinion is that some sequels (II, IV, VI, VII, X, and XII, to be specific) are just as good as the original, and that I do hope XIV reaches that level of quality. Of course, I understand why the original is the most appealing installment to people (and why the formula taken by sequels is not as effective) here and I do share those opinions as well. And I do not doubt that XIV should go back to the original's roots of storytelling; it's just that, realistically, it will likely not happen given the target audience and the treatment of many of the previous sequels.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 3 2015 on  05:21 PM
FYI, my opinion is that some sequels (II, IV, VI, VII, X, and XII, to be specific) are just as good as the original
just as good as or stand out to you in meaningful ways o,o?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 3 2015 on  05:01 PM
^ What rhombus says.

I agree with your estimation WR, but no differing opinions are prohibited or even discouraged on the GOF.
The original was a labor of love by its filmmakers and said filmmakers were masters of the medium who worked under Walt Disney himself years earlier. The sequels are cash-ins made by second rate Saturday morning cartoon crews. In terms of artistic integrity and quality, there is not much to argue.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Nov 3 2015 on  05:45 PM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Nov 3 2015 on  05:21 PM
FYI, my opinion is that some sequels (II, IV, VI, VII, X, and XII, to be specific) are just as good as the original
just as good as or stand out to you in meaningful ways o,o?
A bit of both.

@WR: THAT is your opinion. Some can perceive artistic quality in something from which others cannot. Even a box office bomb or one of the worst movies ever made can have some fans. That is the magic of subjectivity.