The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What woud LBT be like if it were run by Disney?

Ruby2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I was thinking, what if after Journey of the Brave, the franchise was sold to Disney (kinda like what they did with the Star Wars franchise)?   Do you think the series would get better or worse?

I think Disney would take more risks than Universal would, which normally pay off in viewership.   However, to achieve anything like the original, they're gonna have to take risks like in The Disney Renaissance (i.e. Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Bugs Life, Toy Story).

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
We'd probably get a reboot of the franchise. I doubt they would keep the 2D animation that we all grew to love. Pixar movies are great, I love Wall-E, can't wait for December 4th to buy the Lego Ideas set.

We would get a deep and meaningful narrative in a CGI animation movie. I doubt we would get many sequels, maybe one or two if the movie was really successful, but even then we'd probably have to wait years to see them, which I don't mind as long as they were good.

However, with the Good Dinosaur, I'm not seeing Disney and Pixar picking up another Dinosaur franchise. They tried in the early 2000's with Dinosaur, which is basically a LBT rip off, even though it is a good movie.

I'm sure they'd do justice to The Land Before Time and it would bring new kids to the franchise. But I'm just not seeing it happen. But if it does, I hope they respect the original movie and keep the 2D animation.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool