The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Critique of Super Bowl 47

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I just got done watching the latest Super Bowl and, let me just say something.  It was an unfair win for the Ravens.

There is no denying how much the refs favored Baltimore with this game.  Sure, it was a close game, but if anyone went back and saw how the penalty calls were done much more in favor of the Ravens, they would see how this should have been San Fran's game.

There were several holding calls against the Ravens that weren't called at all in the first half, bringing San Fran WAY behind.

There was a power outage during the 3rd quarter of the game, which I hoped was the call back from Karma and would allow the 49ers to win.  It did indeed look like it through the 3rd quarter with the comeback San Fran suddenly made.

However, the hope was dashed near the end when there was a holding penalty during a Touchdown Pass Attempt that wasn't called and made said pass be incomplete.

We probably still had a small chance with 49ers tackling them back.  However, on the 4th down the Ravens made a purposeful Safety happen.  The biggest thing?  Holding all over the place on that play, and no one called it.

With San Fran down by 3 and only 4 seconds left, there was hope for a final miracle run, but those hopes were dashed at the end when they couldn't even come close to making it.

An unfair final score of 34 to 31 with the Ravens winning.

The refs turned a blind eye on many plays and had the Ravens win.  Whether it was greedy fandom or bribery, no one can say.  However, I will say this, it was an unfair win for the Ravens and the refs should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm sure even Raven fans would agree it was an unfair win.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is no such thing as an unfair win poke. san fran showed great toughness rallying from 22 down. in a close game in the final minutes the holding/penalty has to be blantant, you are allowed to have contact with a player within 5 yards,and the final play was a no-call, and from review it looked like the receiver pushed off and the defender grabbed him
 those normally wash out. holding could be called on every play, it is what the ref sees, those are ' judgement' calls, which are debateable. as long as you involve humans in decisionmaking, there is the possibility for mistakes.. if you are supporting the 49ers say so. but dont say 'the refs should be ashamed' they called the game, to me pretty fairly. lets put it this way, without the power outage, baltimore likely wins by 30+, they were blowing the 49ers out of the building. they wre coverting drives into touchdowbns and even had a record tying kickoff return. the outage was a 'reset' that allowed Sf to refocus and get back in the game. without the 'reset' the game isnt close.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Even if the 49ers did win, I would've STILL said the refs were unfair and had favored the Ravens.

I did want the 49ers to win.  Indeed I did, but the one thing I ask most of is a fair game calling of the refs.  If that were the case, I would've still been okay with the loss.

I still say the refs were unfair.  There is video proof of it, and I won't be surprised if Sportscasters actually agree with me on it.

I would bet everything I have that even the news will say they were unfair.