The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

New Land Before Time emotes for Discord/the forum

Mumbling · 164 · 39427

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was thinking about doing Ducky but I didn't have any time to look for references...this is good, I couldn't beat that :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks great Sneak! Yeah I unfortunately couldn't find the time to work on it this round...darn

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If anybody except me wants to draw Facepalm emotion - what about extending this round for one more week, please?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is fine with me! Would Ducky or Flathead still like to join in for this round?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well, not only for Ducky or Flathead. :D Everyone can take a chance to draw something.

Btw, again, for those who made sketch emotion - if you want - feel free to ask me to redraw it to digital, I would like to spend free weekend time, drawing stuff. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You have my permission for sure Sneak. I don't know how it's done :D

Hmm I don't know... wanna make it a challenge @Flathead770  :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, anyone could join of course! Just mentioned those 2 as they both seemed interested :D If I find some time I might try to get something done too.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Won't be able to make it a challenge unfortunately Ducky, going to be playing Smash this weekend with friends for probably the whole time haha. I'll try and squeeze some time in for this though!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys, sorry for my late entry. I managed to come up with an idea for this now and quickly sketched it out.

Decided to go with Pterano for this one as he has a fairly good face palming moment when Rinkus and Sierra first arrive. Since he has such a long beak and crest most of it would have to be cropped off to try and fit a small resolution. In my sketch I measured out an almost 75x80mm square that would probably work alright for the emote.

[EDIT]Watch out for when you click on my photo. It gets pretty big :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the submission Flathead! I like that you indicated where you would cut off the emote!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ok soooo the forum has been hard to reach for the past week. If anyone still wants to join in, please submit by Wednesday 8 pm CET. I'll set up a voting poll then along with opening the next emote-challenge.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OK guys! The new emote vote is open here: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16241.0

Next challenge: Wink - Ali, Chomper, Spike, Mo ;)

Please submit something by the 27th of December if you wish to join in! :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Getting something quick in before I'm away for Christmas. Let's see if I can upload a picture from my phone.

[EDIT]It worked! Yes!  :)littlefoot

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really like this one! Littlefoot's expression is just great here! :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Life's been really busy, so just a quick update that new emotes will be added to the forum and Discord channel soon and that the Wink one will be closing at the end of this year :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OK the voting topic for emote #4 Wink is up here: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16252.0

Lets start with a new one! The classic sticking out your tongue :P - Ali, Shorty, Mo, Yellowbellies, Cera

Can we do it? Can we get a Yellowbellies emote? :P

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love that Ali one of Sneaks so I'm not going to compete directly with that. Instead I'm going for the challenge of the yellowbelly emote! :p

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile