The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

News in the Newspaper

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I just found in todays news paper in the Daily Mail a UK paper that this person that wrote a booko on First World war and the ones that died in it a 300 page book. and the local council took it off the shelfs cause of health risks to do with dropping the book on your foot or getting a paper cut.

He has to pay £5 million health insurence on the book to cover the health of people that buy it or it won't go back on sale and it a health risk to the public.

Now this is the most craziested things I seen in a news paper and like to show this to you all and see your views on this Local Council that this person lives at his name is Mr Sutton. I feel sorry for him myself and the council are being stupidly crazy, you can drop any old book on your foot and get a paper cut from printer paper, paper, news papers and basical anything to do with paper.

Swindon Borough Council is the crazy ones behind this and even they drop the level at the end of the headline to £2 million, it still crazy high insurence that happens to number of books or paper that you come across... what is this world coming to?

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
O_o...This is a joke, right? To take the book off the shelves because of THAT!? With logic like that, virtually every book in the bookstore should be taken off the shelves and sue the authors. Or worse, close down libraries!

My gosh, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard...What's next?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Last December I dropped a 3 killogram book (60cmx40cmx5cm) with the America drawings of early colonist John White on my left toe. The nail was quite blue for several days, but first of all this was my own stupidity, and secondly this is a sacrifice one should be willing to make for the sake of science and improving your mind (as to not drop a heavy book on your toe another time) :lol
Prohibiting a book for the risk of stupid people like me dropping it on their toe is ridiculous, but not a laughing matter :angry:
Is it this silly reason definitely the point why the book is to be taken from the shelves? Is the book somehow "special"? Is the cover made of steel from WW1 shells' stell? Is it the first 300 page book to be printed (I guess not <_<)? Are the page rims coated in razor blades? Or is it possible that there is a different reason for this kind of censorship?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Those complaints get the "dumbest thing of the year" award. :p  :rolleyes:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
It is silly even for me to hear, but that what I saw in the news paper. it was crazy when I saw it first time around, but it shows that the council is greedy for money and that why I think that taking advanatage of this.......

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
This just goes to show what a blummin' stupid "nanny state" the developed world countries are becoming; overruled with outrageous court cases, sueing and down right stupid amounts of political correctness. The other day, I heard that a local pantomime of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves had to be changed to Snow White and the Seven Vertically Impaired Men! I mean...come on! How pathetic! It's laughable! But these things sadly do happen. What's next? Cut down fruit trees in case someone gets hit by falling fruit? Shutdown power stations in case someone get electrocuted wiring a plug?! Politcal correctness can only go so far before it becomes ludicrous and Threehorn's example is a perfect demonstration.