The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award voting 2014

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'll get to the others in a bit.

Philosopher - Rhombus. His breadth and depth of knowledge is matched only by his respect for other members.

RPer - Pterano, nick, LB&T and Kor are among the many talented RPers, I have had the pleasure of gaming with. It is for this reason that this is the category that is the hardest to choose a candidate. However, after much deliberation, I nominate bushwacked. He not only enriches the setting but also provides excellent opportunities for the other characters to develop.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Feedback- my vote in this category goes to SERRIS. He is always willing to give feedback for ideas, mostly on rps, but is also active in the Party Room thread Ask the characters.
proactive-  given the sheer number of posts he has, Its not a surprise I'm going with KOR. Kor always has something to say on any topic, and his post count (near 30000) proves that hes not only a prolific poster but that he always has something to say.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Roleplayer Award:   Pterano I'll vote for him this year, even though I've had fun over the past year with many rp's.  He has started rp's I've had fun with.  There have been others also, though I'll forgot some so I don't like to mention names of all the ones I've had fun rping with the past year, since I don't want to forget your name.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Fanart - Skip as I have not looked at any fanart.

Feedback Award - I nominate LB&T as he provides many of the RPers with detailed feedback about everything ranging from plots to posting styles and more. And he does it in a manner that is both helpful and respectful.

Friendly Member Award - This award is my least favorite to choose because there are simply so many friendly people on the forum. But my choice has to go to nick22, who always has a kind word for anyone who might need someone to talk to.

Helpful Member Award - I nominate LB&T for this award. His feedback has proven immensely helpful in both my storywriting and RPing.

Proactive Award - Kor is my top pick for this award. He is not only extremely active throughout the forums, but he often has something to say about nearly every topic.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I haven't been on the supporting side of the initiative myself there has been a change in the style of the GOF this year switching the board icons from screenshots to clearer pixel art design. The same member who made the suggestion (which was decided upon in a pol) also produced the art for the change and was very active, friendly and open for constructive criticism and acting upon it during the whole initiative.
For all this my vote for the Proactive Member Award goes to RockingScorpion.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Fanart Award: Skip. I really just don't look at fanart much, sorry guys.

Feedback Award: Bushwacked
This member has been helping out a lot of others with feedback and critiques on their fanfics, and does it while he's at school too! That's dedication and devotion right there, and I feel he most assuredly deserves this award for 2014. It was a hard vote, but narrowing it down, I'm going with Bushwacked.

Friendly Member Award: Ducky123
This one came down to the wire between Bushwacked, rhombus, and Ducky123, but I went with the last one in the end. He shows concern for others when they're going through bad times, and was even nice enough to draw me a picture when I was quite depressed. :) It's little things like that that just goes the extra mile for me, so in the end, despite there being many deserving candidates, he gets my vote.

Helpful Member Award: LB&T
This was pretty easy for me, though as always, there were several runners up. LB&T will always offer advice, even if he feels a member isn't necessarily following board rules or is doing something a little out there. That makes him stand out to me, and he was a pretty clear choice for me for this award.

Philosopher Award: Rhombus
Without a doubt the philosopher of the board this year. Jansenov was a close runner up, but Rhombus has not only started threads of his own, he adds to discussions in constructive ways, never attacks other members, and uses well thought out logic to back his points up.

Proactive Award: Skip. I haven't been on the board enough this year to accurately gauge who has really helped it out the most.

Role Play Gamer Award: Bushwhacked
While LB&T, Serris, Nick22, and Kor are all good roleplayers, I have to say Bushwacked really has stood out to me as an impressive roleplayer with well thought out posts, brilliant writing, a very realistic and believable style of writing, and an approach that leaves plenty of opportunities for others to respond with whatever they may feel like.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is gonna be a little harder for me this year, since I haven't really been around the forum as much as I used to. You could probably already tell, though, by me waiting till the last day to vote :p

Role-Play Gamer Award: I'm really gonna have to go with Ducky123 on this. He's running the only role-play that I'm in right now, and doing a pretty good job at it.

Feedback Award:Ducky123 gets my vote for this one, too. I've just seen him post a lot of well thought out, and helpful feedback, including some friendly fixes for grammar, typos, and the like. I've mostly seen his feedback for The Seven Hunters, because that's the fanfiction I've been mostly following these past few months. Again, I just have to base my vote on what I see, and I see him reviewing every chapter of that story.

Fanart Award:Dalekdino has drawn a metric ton of fanart this year, for his re imaging of the first movie with him as a character in it, and also the gang meeting their human forms. I think it's quality over quantity, though. A lot of his art looks rushed to me. I think it would turn out much better if he drew less art, but gave each one the time it deserves to really make them great. Ducky123 has drawn some great art, too, expecially her EEEEVVVVIIIILLLL DUCKY one, which I love, but I've already voted for her twice. RockingScorpian has really been drawing some really great art this year. He (or her? Please don't kill me! :confused) really puts a ton of work and detail into their work. That member get's my vote this year. Also forgot this member drew the new pixelated icons for new posts/no new posts.

Philosopher Award: Rhombis has been having some great discussions on the board, as well as other members, but I have to go with Jansenov here. He's still surprising me with his ability to talk at length about all kind of subjects, and give suggestions or point out things in other's words that nobody else sees.

Friendly Member Award: This is a really tough one, as mnay other people have pointed out. This community is such a friendly place, it's so hard to narrow it down to just one person. Ducky123 and Rhombus have both been extremely friendly, and talkative, being very inviting to other people on the forum. In the end, Rhombus wins out for me. He's also been very talkative with me lately, and we've been having lots of conversation about eachother's fanfics, and just joking around.

Proactive Member Award In the past, I would vote for Nick22, whose just made an immeanse ammount of posts on this board, and still finds time to moderate, but I'm going with Dalekdino this time around. He's been posting a lot on this forum in the year or so(?) he's been here. Some of his posts are funny, and he's been putting up a lot of images for the caption this section. While his most might not be as long or as fancy as those from the likes of Jansanov or Rhombus, he's also not down to the level of spamming for the heck of it, like some other members here are or were (which will remain unnamed! :p). I say we need more people like him, and glad that he's doing his part to keep this place alive.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Role Play Award:

This award was by far the most difficult decision for me as there are a few fellow roleplayers whose efforts, quality of posts and input of ideas has been very high this year.
bushwacked has recently shown that he's quite capable of writing very detailed posts, using a very good language and gives a good insight into the thoughts of his characters. I particularly appreciate his constant input of feedback and he's always reminding me to remind people to post :lol
Pterano is successfully leading some RP's lately and his posts are usually very good, detailed and well thought of.
Rhombus shows his amazing writing skills not only in fanfiction but also in the RP that is based on his fanfiction.
In the end, I have to go with bushwacked for his efforts to keep my RP going as well as the fact that he's probably the most remarking newcomer to the Role Play Forum of the GoF this year have inspired me to nominate him :)

Proactive Award:

Dalekdino gets my vote for his widespread activity in numerous areas of the GoF. I also would like to point out the constant activity of Kor which helps keeping the forum going a lot :) Another mention goes to RockingScorpion for his lovely pixel art for the post/no post feature :)

EDIT: Just fixed a typo
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A pox on y'all (way to open a vote on the friendly member award) for the amount of friendliness that renders any decision on the award referring to said quality so highly subjective and interchangeable. Also some who I ultimately decided to be the narrow circle of friendliness so highly condensed as for me to cast the vote have not voted themselves so far (and the vote is closing soon). Many have rightfully pointed out and voted for the friendliness of Ducky123. One can also not talk properly about awesome friendliness on the GOF without naming Pangaea as one of the most caring members we have ever had. Truly, it would be a pleasure to get to know you better via chats. As for members I know personally Jason Littlefoot1616 will always be a face appearing right beside the entry on the term "friendliness" in my mind's encyclopedia. Finally my highly subjective vote (again, it is a matter of having to settle for someone as it is the nature of a vote that it cannot be dispersed however equal candidates may be) goes to a friend with whom I have had many a great chat on matters of joy, sadness and interest thoughout the past year and whom I hope to meet in persona one day. My vote for the friendly member award goes to jansenov.

Remember everyone THE END IS NIGH the vote on the regular awards is closing soon that is and anyone who hasn't voted on at least five awards (in which case the vote on the impending Appreciated Member award must be cast) will not be allowed to receive any award (no matter how many votes he or she got).

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For the fanart award I vote for RockingScorpion. The detail of his art is exquisite, particularly the way he draws Ducky catches me off-guard sometimes. But he is not without competition. Since Ducky123 is still improving, and StrutEggStealer and Murmur haven't been active in a long time, and DarkHououmon and Sky in a longer time still, this year my vote goes to him.

This year the feedback award I would like to have given to Ducky123. If anything you post is remotely of any interest to the GOF public, chances are he will appear with something constructive or fun to say. For over more than a year now Ducky123 has been one of the greater supporters of activity on the GOF, and for that I express my gratitude.

The proactive member award seems to be a hotly contested prize this year, but in the end I vote for Dalekdino to receive this award. He's started a number of interesting discussions on LBT, and this deserves recognition.

For the helpful member award, also a highly contested prize, I will nominate Pangaea. He hasn't been posting much, but on numerous occasions he has been of great help to people searching for information or ideas.

I have one complaint against the person who I am about to nominate for the philosopher award, and that is that he is not showing his full capabilities. He is rhombus, a very versatile author of many (perhaps most) of this and part of last year's deepest thoughts written on the forum's virtual paper. What stands above all, however, is the eloquence with which highly abstract concepts have been presented to us mortals.

For the friendly member award I nominate CeraTheRed. I find her to be a very agreeable person, and her posts can be funny and helpful, but in the main they are easy on the eyes and always a mood lifter.

For the roleplayer award I nominate LettuceBacon&Tomato. Since there are a number of good roleplayers, the reason I chose him is the way he writes about female characters, who are believable, edgy and interesting.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
It fills me with regret to say that, for the first time in five years, I will not be participating in the GOF Awards. I simply have not been active enough over the past year to make any judgements on who I believe to be the most qualifying member for any of the rewards, and I would not consider it fair to anyone if I were to attempt to make those decisions based on my extremely limited personal interactions with other members, or a cursory review of the past year's forum activity made at the last minute.

Even though I will not be taking part in the award voting this year, I am very pleased to see that they are taking place as usual. I greatly enjoy and appreciate the GOF Awards, and dearly hope that my non-participation this year will not contribute to a lack of awards next year. Good luck to all members who are eligible for nomination, and thank you to all members who take part in the voting. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry if this is the wrong one to post this but.

I would like to just skip voting this year.

I don't really interact with other members or am very active so voting will be hard for me when I barely know anyone or what they tend to do.

So if possible,I'll just like to skip all voting this year,I'm not really interested in winning awards anyway.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I nominate Ducky123 for most friendly member, seeing as he's always been good at keeping constant, positive contact with me.

For most proactive member, I nominate Nick22, who's been good at roping me back into this forum after a long time of busy absence.

And for best roleplayer, I nominate Chiletrek for his great roleplaying in The Lost Tale of Eymreil.

For Fanart I nominate DalekDino, who's drawn a huge amount of stuff.

I'll skip most helpful and best feedback this year.

And for Best Philosopher, I'll go with Rhombus, who gives incredibly mature, well researched posts that are a joy to read.

Great year, guys!

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Heres the rest of mine before I forget.

~Friendly Member Award-Ducky123,has stuck with be through all the ups and downs,he has supoorted me and  not only in fanfiction and stuff like that. But lifes problems as a whole,when ever I need someone to rant out on thing on I know I can count on Ducky123 to listen to me,even when I'm not making any sense. I jokingly call him my 'internet brother' because that's what he feels like to me. Most on GOF are friendly but in the end,when I need it most it's Ducky123 who is there for me. Therefore I nominate him for this award.

~Helpful Member Award-Ah helpful..the one thing I am not. This was a super hard one for me. Honestly I barely know most GOF members,I'm pretty much a background character,I'm there but at the same time I don't do much to interact with anyone. My vote goes to Ducky123 because he is indeed helpful,like I stated before both in my written projects and  real life problems. I've also seen how he always tries to help others to the best of his abilities,we really do need more Ducky123's in the world. Always trying to help others and I think he deserves this award because of all the help he has not given only me,but others as well.

~Philosopher Award-I'm going to go for rhombus this year. I admire his way of logical thinking. He proves his point without downright attacking others,even when it is like another World War he remains calm and uses his head to think instead of just losing his anger and typing nonsense to prove he is right. He is the kind of person I would rather listen to and believe instead of someone who just sates their own opinion as fact and attacks when you disagree. rhombus respects others opinions though they might not always be true,he does not yell at us telling us how wrong we are.

~Proactive Award-Skipping no clue to be honest.

~Role Play Gamer Award-Hmm who to vote for to steal my title from last year...(kidding). I have put a lot of into this and in the end I'm going for bushwacked,his RP style is amazing and his posts really do help move the story along. Though I am really currently in only one RP (A Sudden Change of Species) I do follow other RPS I am not in and there is  a lot of good Role Players on here and in turn my choice was very difficult. But this year my vote goes to bushwacked.

Edit: I noticed I spelled some things wrong so I fixed them,sorry

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I apologize for the delay with the further proceedings of the awards. All admins are really more hooked up by their jobs than we have ever been in preceeding years. I will look into the counting and possible tiebreaking votes before the start of the appreciated member awards as soon as I can.