Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Ask Me

Ask Me

(1/59) > >>

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato):
I'm not positive what anyone would want to ask me, but might as well give them the opportunity. Fire away!

Dash The Longneck:
What's the meaning of life?

Amaranthine:
I know you kept asking people, "Do you love Star Trek?"

Now let me ask you..."Do YOU love Star Treck?" :lol

And if so why?

Serris:
What is it exactly that attracted you to the Darwin's Soldiers universe? I mean out of so many RP's here you chose one of the newest (at that time) and an RP by a first time RP'er (at least here and at that time).

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato):
@Dash: A Klondike bar. Better yet, 42 Klondike bars!

@Rat_Lady7: Well, the first sci-fi I was ever exposed to was Star Wars. I loved it, but something troubled me; it's focus on battle and war (duh). I had always disliked war as a subject and violence as a solution, and it troubled me that none of the characters ever tried any solution other than to kill each other.
Then I found my dad's old Star Trek tapes. The quality was crap, but I soon realized that this was exactly what I had been waiting for; a show where things like logic, diplomacy, and compromise were used to prevent a violent ending and keep both parties better off! It was science fiction, but with a positive outlook on human nature, and the belief that peace was the future.
I've since discovered other sci-fi shows and loved them too, like Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, but all of them were the same in that they showed the future as a war-torn dystopia, where only the fittest survived and the innocents died. Star Trek alone saw the future as a utopia.

@Serris: Several things.
1) it's premise. A team of scientists trapped in a laboratory, enemies slowly closing in. I've always loved trapped stories, as it forces quick decisions, innovation with the tools given, and nowhere to run. Such situation are my element as a writer, and you'll notice in my stories the characters are almost never given everything they need to solve a problem, including space and time. It's why I'm a master at online escape the room games, and love "bottle episodes" in TV. We don't need a guest star or some new technology; let's see them get out of this with the stuff they've already got.
2) It's original: It's not a Land Before Time RP. It's not a Half Life RP. It's a Darwin's Soldiers RP. None of the RP'ers have an advantage because they've seen more of the show, or are playing their interpretations of characters some scriptwriter thought up. We were all on the same playing field, creating our own world from the ground up. (And then destroying it room by room).
3) It's science: It has Darwin in the freaking title, it's gotta be good. You and I in particular tend to keep our science, if not perfectly accurate, at least grounded in some sort of feasible realism. Call-outs to Einstein, Double Helix, C6H12O6, are like in-jokes. Better yet, as a scientist, I can play in a military RP while not pretending to have any more military experience than I actually do (which is none).
4) it's furriness: Don't tell anybody, and while I'll never admit it, I do have a slight affinity for the aforementioned story group. Growing up reading Animorphs and having a best friend into Sonic probably helped. However, I don't create furry characters, as I can't really think using the mindset of anything other than a human. I do enjoy being a human within a multi-species cast better than the homogeneous alternative.

So I'd say you pitched it pretty dang well, at least to me.  :cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version