The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Owl be here for your Asks

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of Internet Explorer, based off of actual usage?
I used IE7 a fair bit in the XP days. And well...

Bugger can't run 6 tabs without crashing or slowing to a snail. :^^spike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What is your cell phone brand and year of release?

(You asked a similar question like that towards me, so I'm curious to know yours as well)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What is your cell phone brand and year of release?

(You asked a similar question like that towards me, so I'm curious to know yours as well)
I just switched it this year, so a Vivo Y17 released a few months ago. Best smartphone I had since forever since I previously only got lower-end models.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How much role playing experience do you have, if any?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How much role playing experience do you have, if any?
The forum's Sudden Change of Species rp is my first one, so little to zilch experience.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
How many hours of shuteye do you get on average?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How many hours of shuteye do you get on average?
About five to six. Man, I wish it were more. :opetrie

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Where do you plan to live after your retirement? Do you have a general idea yet?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Where do you plan to live after your retirement? Do you have a general idea yet?
My own apartment, preferably. I'll rather not wind up in some nursing home.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What method of learning helps you retain information the most?

Obviously it can't be reading because you're an owl and owls can't read according to you. But then again how would you be able to read my question. :lol

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
How long you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What method of learning helps you retain information the most?

Obviously it can't be reading because you're an owl and owls can't read according to you. But then again how would you be able to read my question. :lol
I can read!
In all seriousness, auditory learning style.

How long you think you would last in a zombie apocalypse?
Five minutes. :cerahappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What animal would you want to be reincarnated into after your death?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What animal would you want to be reincarnated into after your death?
One would expect the answer to be an owl, but an avian creature would be fine by me. The gift of flight would be amazing!
That said, maybe an owl.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Are owls your favourite animal?
In the realm of fiction and online, yes. In real-life... I think I just might like hamsters more.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am always curious about people's experiences with technology as time goes by.  So with that in mind, what kind of computers have you had during your life?  Do you remember their operating systems and specifications?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am always curious about people's experiences with technology as time goes by.  So with that in mind, what kind of computers have you had during your life?  Do you remember their operating systems and specifications?
First computer was a shared desktop between my family. It was a Dell running Windows XP SP2 or SP3, Single-core 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 with measly 2GB RAM. Took forever to do anything.

My first laptop I got when I was 45 and it was a dual-core Intel Celeron 1.6GHz. Ran Windows 7, 4GB RAM and acceptable specs for the time, I suppose, but I remember it was kind of below par. Anything intensive wouldn't work on it, Celerons are below i3s, for crying out loud.

The laptop I used for the past 4 years thereafter, from 2014-2018, was a HP EliteBook 8570p. Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM, 512GB HDD, 2.4GHz quad-core i7-3630QM. It is quite the powerhouse, but the AMD GPU bottlenecks it and it is not a super fast i7 considering I used it for video rendering. Has battery issues and would constantly overheat because this specific CPU chip could go up to 104 deg C, too. In the end a combination of the fan unable to cope with that heat and the HDD starting to click led to its demise.

Current laptop I got when the previous one spazzled out at last is an Acer Swift 5. This is the first 1080p display I've got, and it looks really crisp. Windows 10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD+128MB SDD, quad-core i7-8550U 1.8GHz with Nvidia GeForce MX 150. Really fancy and sleek computer to use and for the first time in a while I feel like I have a modern laptop not capped by anything in my hand.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Were you ever afraid of the dark at one point during your childhood?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Were you ever afraid of the dark at one point during your childhood?
Wow, how did you know? Yes, I had a night light before bedtime for quite some time.