The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Superman Returns

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know I am! :yes  :yes Some people don't think they should make any more Superman movis.  They say it is an insult to Christopher Reeve.  My question is how?  How is that an insult and why shouldn't there be any more Superman movies.  Anyway, I plan to go see it when it comes out.  Reeve will be pretty hard to beat so I'm curious to see if this new guy does a good job or not.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's on my 'Maybe' list.  Knowing me, I'll probably never watch it, but you never know. :P:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I didn't know there was a superman movie coming out :o
Haven't gone to the movies lately... I'm still trying to catch scarie movie 4 and date movie, I need a comedy or something to make me laugh =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I will, because as far as I can tell, other than "Pirates 2", it looks like it may be one of the ONLY upcoming good films for the remainder of the year. Although, personally, I think that live-action Superman probably should just go back to sitting on the shelf. Dean Cain is a hard act to top, in my estimation.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am definatelty going too see this movie.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh yea, looks wicked in the commercials! :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Superman actor reminds me a lot of Reeve, as does the music score. I'm going to see it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I just went to go see Superman Returns.  I'm telling you, it is a great movie.  The best Superman movie I have ever seen. :wow   I encourage everyone here to see it even if you aren't into Superman.  That was a really good movie. :yes  :yes I am not going to spoil anything here so go see it!  Its good! :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
F-14, have you seen the 1978 Superman film?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yup.  I liked this one better because it had more action in it.  The origional had more talking and not enough action.  Plus, this one's special effects rocked.  THe origional one was alright though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Superhero films aren't my thing so I will simply casually wait for it to be on dvd where I can safely rent it for $3 and stop it if I really don't like it.  Much better than taking a chance and spending upwards of $10 in a theater.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
just saw it yesterday! :wow   :yes i thought it was great!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I saw it yesterday, too. Hmm. I liked it. They had an excellent Super-Man and an equally excellent Lex Luther. It was good, but I felt disapponted that it wasn't a retelling, it was a continuation of those horrible Christopher Reeve movies, instead. Meh.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You didn't like the Reeves movies Wr? How come?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: