The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Pokemon, then Ponies, now Dinosaurs

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: Oh stop it you^^ :oops

[align=center]Don't fall, my dear

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

Wow uhm...I don't really have much to say here. Except for three things:

First thing:
The fish are there for a reason actually. It is believed that the big dinosaur herds attracted a lot of smaller animals. There even was a pterosaur species that lived a whole life on the back of sauropods because a lot of other animals (insects for example) followed them around and that provided everything this flying reptile needed to survive.

So yeah, I just think that a herd of dinosaurs walking through a lake would attract a lot of marine animals as a logical conclusion. That doesn't mean this fish is dangerous though. ;)

The 2nd thing: I know this drawing is pretty dark. It was a lot brighter while I was coloring it, but they walk through a cave after all. ;)

The 3rd thing I have to say...
If you would've told me 1 year ago that I would one day draw something like this, I would've thought you had a bit too much alcohol or something. xD

Just yesterday I had a look at my first LBT drawing I ever showed here (so it kinda fits that this one also is the first post on a new page), and that was almost one year ago now. Drawing has turned out to be a huge hobby of mine and I can't wait to start with my next piece. :)

I guess that's it for now. I'm pretty sure I'll get something done tomorrow as well, if nothing gets in the way.

So...hope you like it, and until next time then. :)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Gang Of Five Approved Sticker

Source

Because why not. :D

I'm not 100% satisfied with this, but I still decided to upload it.

I don't have anything else to say here, so..hope you like it and until next time. Whenever that may be. :)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
More Sticker Designs. :D

[align=center]Chomper Approved Sticker

Source

A lot of people wanted to see something Chomper related, so here you go. :D

I joined this forum exactly one year ago today. :D
It was a fun year and I'm glad I did so. I'm pretty sure this site is one of the sites I visit the most. :)
And because of the date I wanna give out some stuff (big image links incoming :p )

First, what you see above is a version of Chomper that got some parts removed so that it fits better. The original idea was that his arm would be seen as well, but that just didn't look as good. That version exists though, and here it is:
(Link removed, but here (small) http://fav.me/d8l66zk)

Second (and also last) is a wallpaper sized version of my latest pencil drawing (Full HD):
(Link removed)

These links will be gone in one day, so grab this while it's still there. ;)

Also, this is a sign of trust. These bigger versions are intended for personal use only, which means you can print them or, I dunno, make a shirt out of it or whatever, but don't upload this anywhere. If you do and I'll find out, I won't do something like this again. Just keep this to yourself and everything's fine. ;)

For my next drawing I think I'll be a bit uncreative.
It's almost one year now too since I've drawn my first LBT related thing ( http://fav.me/d7a0xf7 ) and a lot of improving happened since then. I kinda feel like giving this another shot to compare then and now. :)

That's all I have to say for now, so..hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I know I said on D-art that if I had made this I would have used a shot of Chomper from LBT 2 were he looks more like a T-Rex. So just thought I'd show the shot I would have gone with.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=13914

Still itsa cute shot of him. Looks like hhe's spun round saying "Hello there!". :D

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
And as I said on DA, I picked that one because he's not a baby there anymore.

Anyway, here's one more. :D

[align=center]Pterano Approved Sticker

Source

It took me a while to find the best position for his eye. But after a while I went with how it looks now.

Also, you can see some white pixels at the edges of the circle. I'll try to fix that later but I don't really know why it happens. It shouldn't because of the way these are made. I think it's Photoshop that is messing this up, some of my other patches have similar errors like that.

But anyway, I need to get something to eat and then I have another lecture, so let's cut it short here. Hope you like it and until next time. :)

RS

edit: Fanart hiatus, I don't really feel like drawing. See the "How you're feeling" topic for information.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Shorty Approved Sticker

Source

One more. Now that I see it embedded here, it goes pretty well with the colors this forum uses, if you ask me. :D

Also, sinde I was trying out some other expressions here that were similar, I decided to use them for this. Only three frames but it works out somewhat.

[align=center]Winking Shorty - Animation

Source

Yesterday I had a feeling that wasn't there in a long time: absolutely no motivation. I even had a piece of paper in front of me and a pencil in my hand but put them away after a while. The last two days were tough, that much is certain.

Anyway, even if it's simple, doing this one got me out of that again. Yeah, I had to make myself start and wasn't in the usual "yay fanart" mood xD but that spirit came around after a while. That's why there is a small animation up there now. :)

Hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
LOL The shot you used for Shorty looks like he's showing off in front of some girls. And I guess here's a good time to say I find Shorty pretty ugly.....

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That animation...  :lol  :wow Lol, good one!  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, you two. :)

I'll make this one quick because I should actually be in bed right now. xD

[align=center]Ducky Wallpaper

Source

Just a Ducky Wallpaper for you guys to decorate your screens with it (for me as well actually :D ) Using it right now.

If you want a full hd sized version, go check out the source, there's a download so it doesn't look pixelated when used as a background.

And well...that's it, hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS
*falls into his bed*

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Very nice. If I were to make something like this I'd probably do Cera with "Hee" written on it. As in the first 4 films when Candy Hutson voiced Cera, she tended to say "Hee" when she was happy.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Topsy Approved Sticker

Source

More Approval Signs. :D

And stuff like that is the kind of stuff that will come more frequently for the next time. It's getting busy with photography again so traditional drawings take longer again. I expect to finish the outlines for my next piece before the weekend is over, which means the drawing will be completed during the next week probably. But absolutely no promises on that. For those of you who are curious, here's a preview: s1.postimg.org/s6m996xcf/image…

And I can't exactly show anything related to the photos I'm making, at least not right away. That will come someday. ;)

Something else will be done tomorrow, and I'm also announcing an idea I had right now. I hope some of you give me an opinion then if I should do it or not, may it be as a comment here or a PM. We'll see about that. :)

Hope you like that sticker and until next time. :)

RS

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Another good job.
Though I'm not sure about the choice of shot for Topsy. I would have picked a shot from one of the rare times he actually smiles. Like when Tricia was born, or when he was pleased with Cera for saving the annoying twins , or that smug look after his dreadful tough song.

BTW I like your new user icon with Ducky looking up.  :lol

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks.
And yeah, I thought about that too. But in the end...oh, wait. Seems like he wants to speak for himself here.

Topsy:"I don't need to smile to approve something. I'm a threehorn, I don't smile for a reason like that!"

You heard him. :D

Now, to the promised update...
Looks like we know what the upcoming LBT movie will be like, guys! :D

[align=center]Gran Treestar

Source

This just had to be done. :D

And the idea I had yesterday:

What would you say if I would show some work-in-progress pictures too whenever a new traditional drawing is done from now on? Of course not before it's finished, because that would give things away.

Every drawing I do takes 4 steps to be complete, Nr. 4 is the finished drawing (shaded) so you would also see:
The first sketch
The completed lineart
The filled out spots without shading

Including some words to each of those steps.

So yeah, let me know if you'd like to see that here in a comment or send me a pm, whatever you like best. :)
I can't create a poll here so it has to be like that.

That's it for now, hope you like the wallpaper (full hd download on deviantart btw) and until next time then. :)

RS

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: RockingScorpion,Mar 22 2015 on  07:10 PM
Thanks.
And yeah, I thought about that too. But in the end...oh, wait. Seems like he wants to speak for himself here.

Topsy:"I don't need to smile to approve something. I'm a threehorn, I don't smile for a reason like that!"

You heard him. :D

:lol  :lol  :lol

Me: Fine with me Topsy.... You old fart!   :nyah

Anyway your last art work.!Again you did great. But boy is that one ugly shot of Littlefoot... :blink:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol, Littlefoot's face is quite hilarious  :blink:

You usually show me all WIP's on skype anyway so I don't need to see them on here or on DA too but if others like to see these I'm the last person to complain ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dalekdino: Well have you seen Gran Torino? It is quite fitting. :D

Ducky123: The idea behind it is that no one would get spoilers if he/she doesn't want to, as the additional steps wouldn't come before the finished drawing. The poll on DA is still going, if you want to. ;)

Now, my next one...
I do have a thing for wallpapers lately. :D

[align=center]It Takes All Sorts - Wallpaper

Source
(full hd resolution available)[/align]

...that sure took a while with all those characters. :D
I was about to reuse a Ducky I already had but then decided against it. Everything you see was created extra for this piece (except for the watermark).

Oh and, if you wonder about that butterfly sitting on the word "sorts", that's the one we see during the movie.

I can't think of anything else to say here, soo..hope you like it, and until next time. :)

I probably will upload the single characters on my deviantart scrap page, so check that out if you're curious.

And now I gotta catch some sleep. Been working on that a few hours straight now. :D

Good Night

RS

Oh, one more things (no suprise I forgot to mention something xD)
The text in that picture has two references to the song that has the same name. The first one is somewhat obvious, but can you see the 2nd one? :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ha great stuff, kinda reminds me of something you'd see in dr who.

BTW I get that reference you told me about now. I did see that film but it was years ago.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dr. Who? I've never seen that, so yeah, that is unintentional then. :D

What is the reference then? And again, there are two. ;)

I uploaded all the characters in this picture separated as I announced. You can find them here: Scrap Book

(Yes, even the butterfly. :D)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile