The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Brave Little Toaster CGI-Remake

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Brave Little Toaster Remake Will Be A CGI/Live-Action Hybrid With An iPhone

Ok, so I actually heard months ago about this project, but a DA friend of mine had convinced me that it wasn't ever going to happen... Well, guys; it apparently is.

For those who do know me personally, you probably already know that the original BLT was one of my favorite old 80s movies growing up, right next to the Land Before Time, of course. :DD

Now, there are both some good and bad aspects about this, as you can probably tell from reading the article... Honestly, I am rather concerned about some of it, yet a bit excited at the same time. Geez, I can't seem to make up my mind on this... :p

But on another note, I do find it rather annoying whenever film industries pull up something old and attempt at making it "hip" and "new". However, this doesn't necessarily mean I am against all remakes. I also do understand that they're just trying to introduce classic characters to a new generation...

Honestly, I just hope they stay true to the actual context of the overall film; if you haven't seen it yet, it's a film I'd highly recommend. Much like the Land Before Time, it does also have some of its dark moments...

UPDATE: Changed my mind. I'm completely against the fact that they'll actually be replacing the original characters! :anger

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's been a long time since I saw this movie. And it came out before The Land Before Time was released. I feel bad that I even forgot about it. :cry I feel the same way you do about the movie (Happy but also worried). But know I wonder if there ever remake the Land Before Time.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
:bang  Oh, for crying out loud... Looks like a Land Before Time remake is more possible than I might have thought if they're doing this.

Hollywood...don't touch that Bluth movies. That is all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Too many will see it out of nostalgia for it outright bomb. I see this breaking even, easily.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Too many will see it out of nostalgia for it outright bomb. I see this breaking even, easily.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I'd just like see how Waterman will actually be able to top THESE great songs;

City Of Light

It's A B-Movie
It's A B-Movie

Cutting Edge

Worthless

Seeing as how they used such generic songs in the Chipmunk movies, I get the feeling that they're just going to be lazy and rely on our modern songs of today...

Anyhoo, I actually took the time to read through a bunch of more articles regarding this, and it appears that there is some debate going on as to whether or not that Toaster will actually be in it; Kirby, Lampy, Radio, and Blanket on the other hand, are no doubtably going to be replaced. I've heard talk that some of the newer gang will consist of a Macbook, and a flat-screen T.V.

And of course, there's the frequent topic of there also being an iphone somewhere in there, as well. From what I've been reading, I don't think Waterman Entertainment has even confronted the Apple company of this as of yet, but I hope they say no to their idea! :DD

But of course, they'll probably just see it as one big product placement, and just cave in for the money instead...

Really, the way their idea is shaping up as of know, it seems VERY hypocritical to that of the original, particularly with what message it was actually trying to get across.

I swear, whoever they replace Lampy with, I'm going to have a complete hatred towards that character. :anger

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: EggStealerGirl,Sep 16 2012 on  02:43 AM
I swear, whoever they replace Lampy with, I'm going to have a complete hatred towards that character. :anger
It's better to take it out on the director, not the characters. We are talking about the guy who made the Chipmunk movies. :lol