The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

the Moon's name

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Since we know the Sun had a special LBT name (the Bright Circle), what was the LBT name for the Moon? I think I heard it in at least one of the movies, but that was a long time ago and in spanish :p .
 I hope you can help me :^.^: .

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I believe it was called the Night Circle.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Thank you.... and that indeed makes some sense to me :D . Now that I recall, I think they named it "el c“rculo nocturno", so your answer may be the one I've been looking for.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember in one of the stories Grandpa Longneck told the kids he calls it the night circle.  I think it's the one where he tells how longnecks started out as short necks and how they became long necks.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Oh yes, I think I've seen that. And since you Kor and Dark Hououmon concurr with the name, then that could mean that's the answer to my problem. Thank you guys :) .

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As I recall from LBT 5, Grandpa Longneck said to the other adults, "And now, The Great Night Circle looks down upon a wasteland."

So I guess they call it "The Great Night Circle".

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 A great name for our nearest neighbor, thanks... I really need to re-watch the sequels I think :DD .

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Night Circle is the name that was used in the sequels. I think though that the moon would be a bit more complex for the dinosaurs to describe. I think it would make an interesting element in a story if they tried to explain the growing and shrinking of the moon, a "red night circle" (lunar eclipse), and why it seems to change size and why sometimes it is visible throughout the day. It would be interesting to know what dinosaurs think about this.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be interesting indeed, including seeing if Grandpa Longneck has any stories about this.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, we can adapt some of our own traditional stories for this, for example, a red moon can be described as a possible premonition of something bad coming (similar to comets in ancient Rome).

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's called The Night Circle I believe.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Dec 28 2007 on  02:37 PM
Hello:
 Well, we can adapt some of our own traditional stories for this, for example, a red moon can be described as a possible premonition of something bad coming (similar to comets in ancient Rome).
Good idea, and we could indeed do that.