The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long Tail

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Thank you so much for the positive feed back!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was an interesting read.  Sorry it took this long to read it but things do slip my mind from time to time.  This version seems older then the one in the rp's, or another alternate earth perhaps.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep...you guess it...I'm either really bored or I want to make people happy! So here it is...

Chapter 17!

Side note: After much consideration and searching I've finally come across a picture done by our own DH here and  for those of you wondering what Korr and his species may look like, it would be something like this:Korr's species
Korr's species

Red Horn Arrival

“Yes, we’re finally here….and now to…” unfortunately for Dark-eye he never got to finish his sentence as Leviathan walked out of the shadows on the edge of the valley.

She smiled and the look on her face made all the sharpteeth suddenly very excited…then she said:

“It looks like we’ve found the rotten little lunchable…and there’s a catch…he’s half sharptooth.”

“Yes, part of that was my sisters’ doing, before she meet her end.” Muttered Dark-eye

“You mean to say she made him half sharptooth?” asked Bleeding Heart

“Well not exactly…what your sister did, was awaken the sharptooth blood inside him, but he is half sharptooth by natural descent.” Commented Leviathan

“So what you’re telling us is that the flyer that killed my sister….his mother or father was an actual sharptooth!” cried Dark-eye.

Just then Jodo spoke up…

“It seems we have some unwanted visitors….and they could provide us with lunch as well.”

Well, well...what do we have here? thought Bleeding Heart 'The Red Horn herd...this could work well for us.'

His question was quickly answered as the herd saw what was up ahead and still continued to walk forward.

“Who is the leader of your herd?” asked Bleeding Heart when the newcomers were within hearing range…

“I am.” Said the leading Red Horn “It seems I’ve been searching for someone special to me…and for a long time now I have begun to think that all my efforts are in vein…”

“What does the one your looking for look like, perhaps we can help…” said Kori

“As it turns out…he is a flyer…and he well that’s all I can recall for the moment….can you really help us..?” asked the herd leader

A sly smile came across Bleeding Hearts face as he retorted

“Oh yes…we can help…but first you must be willing to do something for us….”

Inside the Great Valley

As soon as Onyx was out of sight….another flyer came flying into the meeting circle in a frenzy and said….

“Another herd…i-is entering the valley….we need to get to the greeting place immediately!” he cried

“Alright everyone let’s welcome this new herd into our home.” Said Grandma Longneck

“Wait!” called Longtail which startled many who had turned to leave, when he said

“What does this herd look like?”

The random flyer then replied “Well based on what I was able to see…they had alot of long horns coming out of their head, but only one on their faces, bent forward and their scales were…”

“Blood red?” said Longtail in more of a statement than a question

“Yes, but how did you….”

Then Longtail did something no one was expecting…as his right eye changed colors yet again…

The Red Horn herd! NOOOOO!”

“I’m going to end this ONCE AND FOR ALL!”

Longtail then jumped into the air, spread his wings, and lifted himself into the air, and preformed the spin-launch attack…(as read in CH. 14) and shot himself like a bullet towards the north entrance to the valley.

ëI don’t know how THEY got here…but I do know I’m going to send them out of here the same way they came in!’ said Longtail as he sped onward….

Outside the valley walls

“How do you know him?” asked the Red horn leader…

“We…have our sources.” Commented  Leviathan

“So do we have a deal?” asked Dark-eye

“Yes, I will perform my part….I just hope this plan of yours works….or we may be in a lot of trouble…by the way…my name is Korr. Don't forget it."

“Okay, then the plan goes on during the night circle.” Said Bleeding Heart

"This is going to work better than I imagined.' said Bleeding Heart as he stared at the sky waiting for his plan to be put into action.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An interesting turn of events.  It looks as if things have taken a darker turn for Longtail and the others.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Wow...  I mean, WOW!  This fanfic is tops!  I hadn't had the chance to read it yet, but this is really good!  (I'd read about Longtail in some other posts, but now, being able to read about him...  I wish I'd done this sooner!)

I'll be keeping an eye on this fanfic too! :D
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you NeptuneNavigator2001 for taking the time to read this story. I plan on updating again soon...so keep an eye out!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In the meantime it means new comers can read all of the earlier parts and get caught up.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I remember trying to read you fanfic before. I didn't want to say anything at first. I keep trying to read it, but for some reason, I just don't care for it :p

It's nothing against you, it's just the way you formatted the story, it's as if you're dropping characters in the fanfic out of no where. I mean, sure the fanfic is suspenseful, I can see that, but I dunno, your fanfic just bores me  :P:

Also, I have a minor character in my story named Dark Eye, did you make that character right after you read my story, or was a Dark Eye a character that was made at the top of your head before you read my story.

I just want to know, I get really annoyed when people steal ideas from other people without even the slightest acknowledgment.

Please don't get offended by this, this story is just not really my cup of tea.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
MASS UPDATING

I'm going to be updating this story tomorrow so for those of you who read this fic, please be advised that this update will consist of seven or eight chapters back to back, so be ready for one long read! :DD

I will enjoy updating and hope you will enjoy reading it as well! :wave

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That sounds very good for me!!! I look forward to re-read your fanfic :DD .
 Keep it up!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*Okay folks, as I mentioned yesterday, this is the first of several chapters that are coming, so sit back and enjoy the story, cause it only gets better and darker from here! So without further adue  here is Chapter 18!*

A One Sided Fight

“Does any one else think we should get to the greeting place before Longtail does?” asked Mr. Thicknose  

“Yes I do believe you are right we need to go now.” Said Topsy  

A few moments later…

Just at that moment the last of the Red horns were gathering and waiting for the valley herd to greet them…and the last thing they expected was to see every single dinosaur in the entire valley running up to them in a panic.  The first few to arrive were stunned to see Longtail was nowhere to be seen. Then Littlefoot and the others arrived and then Cera spoke up. “Do you think he got lost?”  

“Me no think so….me think he hiding.” Commented Petrie  

“Oh please….he’s been here one week and you think you know everything about him?” muttered Cera under her breath  “Actually I think Petrie’s right.” said Ali and Teri simultaneously, which caused the two girls to laugh.  

“I don’t see ANYTHING funny about this!” cried the leader of the Red horns then he said   "

"My name is Korr….Who is in charge of this herd?”  

“That would be us and….wait….Korr??” asked Ceras’ father who had just walked out of the surrounding brush.

“Topsy…hey it is a small world after all. How have you been?”  But before Topsy could answer another voice rang out from the shadows.  

“Well, well, well….and to think….you survived!” the last word had poison behind it, and everyone there could hear it.  

“It can’t be…..”said Korr almost at a whisper  

“But it is Korr……it is!” and as Longtail stepped out of the shadows the two of them locked eyes and just stood there for what seemed like an eternity….and then the silence was broke.

“So we meet again….freak.”  

“So we do….I hope you still aren’t mad about our little ërun-in’ out in the Mysterious Beyond.” said Longtail with a serious look in his eyes.

And with that statement the battle began.  

Korr charged forward and knocked Longtail to the ground on his back….and then brought his right leg into the air, and brought it down onto Longtails’ left wing, and with it came a bone crushing SNAP!

Followed by the most horrid, ear-splitting, and painful cry you can imagine….as Longtail cried in pure uncontrollable agony as his wing was stepped on with such force…..and the tears were beginning to look different...from a clear to a pinkish and red looking color.  

It was then that the others watching realized that his tears were mixing with blood!

Everyone, even Topsy was confused and frightened by what had just happened….as it became apparent that Longtail slipped into unconsciousness.  

As if to mock the child Korr then decided to laugh at the unconscious flyer laying on the ground in front of him, then turned to face the valley herd to give them an explanation as to what he’d just done.  

“This ëchild’…..is a freak, always has been always will be…..and freaks like this don’t deserve to live in our precious, beautiful world…..and by freaks I mean this thing behind my feet!”  

Just as the elders were about to give Korr a piece of there minds….they began to notice something moving behind the Red Horn…..the shock on their faces prompted Korr to turn and see something he didn’t believe was happening….  

Longtail was beginning to stand up, and although unsteady at first after a few moments he regained his footing, but when he opened his eyes…their simple shock turned into cold fear.

His eyes were open, but there was nothing….no irises, no cornea, no nothing……and it was in those first few seconds that many among the valley herd and the Red Horns realized that……  

“H-He-He’s still asleep!” cried Ducky  

“But….how?” asked Littlefoot  “It’s his heart.” Said Teri from the back of the group, holding the spot where her heart was.  Korr however didn’t give anyone the chance to interfere….he charged straight forward and was caught by a unique surprise….  

Longtail ducked and dropped to the floor, then just as Korr was charging over his prone form….he jumped up, forcibly into Korrs’ stomach, causing him to roll end over end, and as he came to a stop and after taking a few moments to  stand up…..everyone did a collective gasp….  

Korr looked around wondering what would make everyone look so stunned….then he saw it….several of his horns were now imbedded into the dirt….

Of course this left Korr stunned for a few  moments as he tried to figure out what had just happened….and as he snapped out of his dazed state and his rage completely took over and he uttered a war cry as he charged forward…..  

However he failed to notice that in the time he was trying to understand what had happened Longtails’ body had walked over and wrapped his tail around the broken end of one of his horns…and stood there waiting.

When Korr was close enough Longtail’s body began the Spin-launch attack and hurled the broken dominate horn at the elder….but he realized too late that he couldn’t stop in time, and was greeted with the blunt end of his own horn, knocking him unconscious as well.  

As the fighting came to an end, so did the adrenaline that was currently coursing through Longtail’s veins, and as it did….the feeling of shock once again claimed his body and he slumped to the ground allowing his body some rest….

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*Now for Chapter 19, I apologize in advance for this chapter being so short, but I honestly just wanted to get to the next one as soon as possible, and as an added bonus, and to make the songs I've chosen easier to listen too, I will now be providing links to these songs for your convenience!*

Your Other Half!

(Que= Sandstorm theme)  

Although his body was at rest, his mind was wandering, never stop moving…always searching, but for what truly eluded him. As he walked down the single, glowing path in the darkness, he knew his body wasn’t under his control.  

This feeling that controlled his body wanted blood, but just not any blood, but the warm, fresh blood of his friends, and the ones he cared about.  

"I don’t know what you are…but I won’t let you hurt my friends!" but the voice wasn’t the one he was expecting, it was darker, more menacing, and pure evil.  

As Longtail watched his body come to a stop, this time the other voice said…  

ëNow you will see the glory in the true kill, and this time none of them will survive!’  Longtail then broke free from the invisible cage that held him inside his mind, jumped forward and came to a stop in front of himself, but it wasn’t him.  

It was another sharptooth, this one with those same yellow, piercing, eyes that scared him before. His body began shaking, but he narrowed his eyes at this new attacker, and his right eye turned yellow once again.  However, he could not stop his body from quivering much to his dismay…but he didn’t care…he just wanted this new threat gone.  

As Longtail launched his attack the sharptooth did not attempt to dodge, instead, it allowed him to sink his beak into his flesh…but the blood tasted different to Longtail….then it clicked…it was his own blood!  

Longtail jumped back and felt the same gaping wound upon his own neck, but there was no pain, nothing, then as he looked up again, he noticed that his surroundings had changed yet again back into the all white glow from his previous experience inside his mind.  (End Song)  

ëI see you encountered your other half.’ Said his mother

“How could that…that thing be a part of me!” screamed Longtail  

ëNo matter how you try to deny it, that thing is your sharptooth half, and it has always been there, look at it this way, my son…the side that loves your friends in the valley is your heart, just like me…but your mind is controlled by the darkest parts of who you are.'

“So…you mean my heart and mind are always fighting each other for….”  

ëYes fighting for complete control for your body, and if your mind wins… the voice trailed off wanting Longtail to finish the rest.  

“Then everyone dies, just like in my last sleep story.” Answered Longtail to his mother  

His mother then gave a resounding ëyes, and now my son, you must deal with this on your own terms and AWAKEN!’  Then Longtail could only see darkness now, but now he could hear voices, voices he recognized like his best friends…and he knew they would play a major role in deciding his fate…

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And another one! Sorry no song this time! :^.^: Chapter 20!

We need to talk...

His eyes slowly opened, and he took in a deep breath of air, and coughed when he tried to exhale. “W-Where….”  “Don’t worry, you’re still safe, inside the Great Valley.”  

The voice to Longtail sounded as if it was coming from a very long tunnel...but it also sounded as if it were right in his ear. “T-Teri?” asked Longtail weakly. “Yes, all of us are here Longtail, you can be sure you are safe for the moment.” said Teri with a sweet smile on her face.  And then his memory kicked in…and the arrival of the Red Horns was fresh in his mind, and with that knowledge, he tried to stand up….and cried in pain.  

With everyone taken by surprise at his actions, everyone close enough to him, carefully pushed him to the ground and Ali whispered into his ear. “You were hurt…bad, while fighting….” but before she could finish her sentence Longtail finished it for her.  “Korr….”  Longtail said with his teeth clenched.

Ali and Teri nodded their heads in agreement, and Longtail noticed someone was missing, and he looked around to make sure his eyesight was back to normal…then asked…  “Where’s Littlefoot?”  

“I’m right here.” called the young Longneck as he returned with his grandparents, and most of the major valley dinosaurs in tow.  This time however Longtail was very careful about getting up, even as careful as he was, his left wing while actually tied down to minimize movement it still sent a small wave of pain through him, but just gritted his teeth and dealt with it.

With one wing tied down, he still attempted to show his respect and bow to the elders, but he found it impossible without the use of both of his wings….so he just settled for saying…  “Thank you for your help.” And then his next request shocked everyone “Now where is Korr I-I want to speak with him and his herd.”

Littlefoots’ Grandma then said “Are you sure that is a good idea in your condition?”  Longtail then chuckled and said to Grandma Longneck “No, probably not!”

But before anyone could object, and raise a conversation, Longtail was on his feet and he slowly walked out of the cave and into the surrounding sunlight, slowly taking each step as he did so, and letting his eyes adjust to the sunlight….the rest of the valley herd looked confused, but turned to follow him anyway. After a few minutes of extremely slow walking as so not to further hurt himself Longtail finally came across the Red horn herd quietly sitting next to a moving stream, and there he picked a spot and carefully sat himself down and waited.

ëI hope this goes well, I don't want Korr stepping on me again .’ thought Longtail to himself.  After arriving at the stream many of the valley members were concerned for Longtails well being, and looked very upset with his actions.

While still looking back, he simply shrugged his shoulders and gave them a childish grin and whispered to them “I’m sorry…I promise not to do that again…well not without permission anyway.”

“That’s okay, just walk faster next time!” whispered Cera in a obviously angry tone.

“What are we doing here anyway?” quietly asked Tria. Longtail looked at the ground and said, “I need to know what happened… and I want his side of the story.”  

Topsy then cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention, and said facing Longtail…  “I talked to Korr, and he said that…um….” just before he could stammer out the rest of his sentence Tria his mate walked over and said to him “I think he’ll understand, after all he is very strong willed.”  “He said that next time he sees you…he’ll….do more than just break your wing.”  Although this didn’t surprise Longtail very much he looked over to the herd of Red horns just beyond the bushes and said in response…

“I may be a child, but even Korr isn’t stupid enough to kill me in front of his whole herd, I mean what would they think of a leader that kills a child…I mean they are kinda…well…okay who am I kidding they hate the fact that I even exist.” “How can anyone just hate you?” asked Teri with a confused look on her face.

Longtail looked over to her and actually laughed, as he responded by saying:  “You don’t know the Red Horns like I do, they hate me because of what I am.”  “So they hate flyers?” asked Petrie  

“No, well, kind of, but I-I just can’t tell you right now….all I want to do is talk with Korr, and not have to fight for my life.”  

The elders all looked at each other in suspicion, then worry, then as if they were all thinking the same thing, a sly smile appeared upon their faces, then they all turned to look at Longtail with that same smile.

“What are you all staring at?” asked Longtail with a confused look on his face.  

“Well you said you wanted to talk to Korr right?” asked Tria  

“Yes, but what does that have to do with you all smiling?” questioned Longtail. Then Ducky caught on to what the grown ups were up to…as she then stated:  “Just talk from the shadows. Yep yep yep!”  

“What?” was Longtail’s only response to the question as he quite honestly just didn’t think about that.  

“Just say what you need to without revealing yourself to the Red Horns.” Commented Ali  “That just might work! Yeah I’ll give it a try.” Said Longtail with his confident grin renewed upon his face.  

With that he took three steps forward and cleared his throat prepared to speak…….just then the ground in-between him and the Red Horns exploded…

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's chapter Chapter 21!  

A Saviour, and a Kidnapper

As the ground exploded in front of everybody, the Red Horns began to pick up their younglings, as they continued to try and escape the oncoming fire-water. The only problem was one baby Red Horn was left behind. As Korr turned to look for his son, he noted with a grim face his son was nowhere to be found, and rocks were beginning to shoot from the ground, into the air and land nearby.  

“Charger, Charger!” cried Korr for his son among the fire and flying rocks, and in that moment Korr found him, but his son was trapped behind several burning trees that had collapsed right on the only path away from the fire-water.

The rest of the valley dinosaurs had also begun to move themselves and their children from the danger zone and at that moment one child in particular was missing from the group of fleeing dinosaurs. The one missing was climbing a tree preparing to do something courageous and stupid, and most of the elder dinosaurs failed to notice the burnt and limp vines lying on the floor.  

From his vantage point in the tree Longtail could see the Red Horn leaders son Charger looking very much afraid and alone as the dangerous flying rocks were falling to the ground....right above Charger, and Longtail knew he’d have to act fast to save the kid’s life.  

Longtail dove from the tree, landed on the ground and threw himself towards Charger. In the same moment however just as Longtail grabbed Charger’s tail with his beak, and pulled him to safety, Korr watched with horror as he believed his only son was lost as the flying rock came smashing down where his son was standing only moments ago... and for the second time in his life Korr shed tears for a loved one he had lost.  

After dodging that first falling rock, Longtail knew getting out of here would not be easy...but he was willing to take that chance. ëLanding next to a nearby tree was pretty lucky’ but that luck soon ran out as more and more rocks continued to fall from the sky… and the next one was close...so close as a matter of fact that it blew Longtail and Charger backwards into the very tree they landed next to.  

Despite being hurled into a tree with his back taking most of the blow and his left wing sending a shockwave of pain through his body, Longtail had to admit, he could have done without having a small threehorn rammed into his stomach too.  

As both children collapsed on the ground, Longtail looked up only to be met with the sight of several more flying rocks coming out of the sky….he could still feel Charger underneath him, and he was clinging onto Longtail for dear life. Lontail then took his chances as he dodged two more flying rocks that landed right behind him.  

The last one however landed so close it a small piece was thrown towards Longtail and burned a small portion of  Longtails back as it made contact with his scales, and the force of wind that followed forcibly pushed the two children though the nearby shrubbery and into a tree head first, well Longtails' head anyway….and as fate would have it, Longtail rolled down the side of a nearby hill, and landed directly in the middle of where the two herds were taking shelter.  

As Longtail rolled onto his back barely awake...he looked over to Korr and said "You....owe...me one..." and with that slipped into unconsciousness...again. Korr was about to shout at Longtail for saying something so ridiculous, but then just as Longtail closed his eyes, his wings unfolded to reveal a very scared, but alive little Red Horn!  

"C-Charger?" asked Korr slowly almost if he were afraid to speak. The little Red Horn looked up and smiled as he said "Dad!"

The two Red horns embraced each other as the valley herd approached looking worriedly at Longtail's quiet prone form.  

"Is he going to be okay?" asked Teri with concern.  

Korr turned to Teri with a stern look on his face, as he said "Don't trust him..that freak will lead to nothing but danger and trouble!"  

Teri glared at Korr for saying something so mean, but turned her attention back to Longtail as he took a deep breath and shed a tear in his sleep.  

As Korr continued to nuzzle his son, he took one last look at Teri and smiled as he thought 'Now that the freak is wounded and out of the way...the plan can go ahead of schedule, and I plan to be there when this valley learns the truth about the freak. This should be fun!'  

Later that night...

Despite the pain he could feel, Longtail awakened to the sound of what he thought was running water. 'Where am I?' he wondered to himself. His eyesight was beginning to clear up, and he could just barley make out the shillouette carrying him. It looked like his uncle, but with a swift sniff of the nearby air, he instantly knew this wasn't him. He decided to try and speak  

"W-who are-" unfortunately Longtail was cut off in mid-sentence as the mysterious figure stated "Hush child, you are safe...among friends."   Longtail immediately knew this voice belonged to a girl, 'But I don't know her, so why or more to the point where was she taking me?' Longtail thought to himself 'And what did she mean by 'among friends'?'  

The darkened  figure set Longtail down and then stated "I'd like you to meet someone, a friend of mine if you will...and I am sure you two will get along just fine." although Longtail couldn't see her face, he could most definitely see her teeth, and it was in that moment he realized that   You're a sharptooth!" "Well the little one really is a quick learner!" said a dark, but subtle voice, and Longtail prayed that whoever the voice belonged to stayed hidden, but as fate  would have it the owner of the voice stepped out into the oncoming moonlight.

But the night circle itself was different it looked like it was changing colors... 'But that's not possible!' said Longtail at a whisper to himself.    

Then the large dark sharptooth decided to introduce himself "My name is Bleeding Heart little one and I must say you are quite the find, Half-flyer and half-sharptooth I must say, I am impressed."  

Longtail's heart began to race inside his chest and thought 'I can't stop shaking...if I so much as breath the wrong way, they'll kill me, and this Bleeding Heart guy will make sure it is slow and painful... and with my wing busted I can't fight back...Wait a minute Bleeding Heart he's the leader of the Saurischia!...I-I can't move' it was then that Longtail and the other sharpteeth noticed something.  

"Awww...look the little ones crying." said Jodo. Longtail then cursed himself for showing such weakness in front of other sharpteeth.  'Now I don't know what's worse the embarrassment or the fear!'  

"You should consider yourself lucky you little morsel. " said Dark eye

"YOU?" shouted Longtail in surprise.  

Bleeding Heart smiled as he said "So you were right Dark eye, this is the little one who got to your sister."  "Don't worry so much Darkie, we wouldn't want to hurt a fellow sharptooth after all, or at least he will be after tonight and he may be even more of a threat after tomorrow's night circle as well."

"What are you talking about?" asked Longtail now more curious than ever.  

"Why dear boy we are talking about the Blood Red Night Circle or as your friends call it The Night Circle of Darkness, surely you must have heard of it right?" asked Kori  

"The...what?" asked Longtail as he honestly did not know what they were talking about. "Oh you poor soul." joked Blackfoot  

"Yeah, but I say we kill him now and save ourselves the trouble...after all he may still turn on us, we can not be sure that he will stay a complete sharptooth after the night circles are over!" screamed Rahzorr  

As the night circle began to pass overhead and change from a pure whit to a dull red Bleeding Heart smiled and said "Well child I hope you sleep well tonight."  

"But I'm not-" Longtail however didn't get a chance to finish his sentence as Dark eye hit Longtail in the head with a rock sending him back to sleep just the way they found him...

(( :lol I just realized that I abuse poor Longtail...alot! Getting knocked out, begin burned and having his wing crushed...I'm just having too much fun with this. :DD ))

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun in months! This is great, and now for Chapter 22!*

A sharp takeover  

Cyrix was worried, but he also knew enough about his nephew that he would stay out of trouble until his wing healed. Unfortunately Just as he was going to settle for going back to his cave for more sleep Littlefoot and Ali walked into view, they too looked concerned.  

"Good morning you two." said Cyrix with a smile on his face as Ali responded by saying "Thank you Mr. Cyrix, but have you seen Longtail around today?"  

"Well no I haven't I just assumed Longtail would be with you." Littlefoot looked even more downcast as he replied to Cyrixs' statement by saying "So he's missing...again!" Cyrix sighed as he said "It appears so young ones."  

"S-so what do we do now?" asked Ali. Cyrix turned to her and said "Well whatever we do we have to find him as soon as we can, otherwise we will face a very long dark night."  

Outside the Valley...

"Hey I think he is finally waking up." whispered Jodo. "Well it's about time!" shouted Rahzorr.  

"I wonder how he feels." asked Dark eye as he approached Longtail "I wouldn't do that if I were you Darkie." commented Leviathan "Why?" asked Dark Eye.  

At that very moment Longtail although tied to a rock with vines, reached out with his beak and bit Dark Eye's muzzle and wouldn't let go.  

Dark Eye was of course shocked and in considerable pain as he struggled to get the young flyer to let go of him.  

"I told you." laughed Leviathan "She really did." chuckled Kori. Through clenched teeth Dark eye muttered "Great, now would one of you mind getting this child off me!"  

Bleeding Heart then walked over and simply nudged Longtail forcing him to let go, but even after letting go Longtail continued to bite and snap at the air around him as Jodo stated "He must still be asleep, but I wonder what his sleep-story is about?" Kori shrugged as she said "We may not know until the kid wakes up."  

Longtail's dream....   (Que=Savin Me )

Red, red, it was all he could see...the bright circle, the water, even the grass and trees were red...it was scary and in some primal way joyful at the same time....he didn't understand what it meant, but then he began to hear a voice....not just one, but many and more and more began to speak.  At first he couldn't make out who was talking, but the more voices that he could hear the more one voice became more and more pronounced.

He could hear it, he could hear her and she continued to speak, and Longtail listened and as he did, he finally understood what was being said...  'You failed them!' 'You let them DIE!' 'It is all your fault!' 'You must be punished for your crimes!'   "You Traitor!"

'That voice...' thought Longtail 'I know that voice...it sounds like...'  'Yes I should sound familiar, after all I am your darker half....' it cried followed by a sadistic evil, bone chilling laugh.  

"I do not need this right now!" said Longtail out-loud. 'You don't have a choice little one!'  

"The rock upon your mind has been rolled aside, your heart is quaking with fear, you are trying to hide from what you really are...and you are afraid that once the truth is revealed everyone you know will turn against you....arn't you little Longtail."  

"What is you name? I want to know right now!" the voice gave a laugh of amusement as it replied to Longtail's question  

"You want a name fine! Then you had better remember it when we next meet..." just before the voice gave a name it started to fade away...  

"My name is the final key to unlocking a secret, a secret you will learn of soon enough. My name is Doom, and if you think that's bad just wait until you find out your real name...."   "My real name...what did he mean by that?" thought Longtail.

But then the color began to return to the world, and Longtail suddenly felt tired and sick to his stomach and he just wanted to vomit, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it...  He just wanted to sleep and he lied down on the ground underneath him, and just as he starting to close his eyes, he heard his mother once more...  

'A flyer tied to the ground will never truly fly unless his soul is set free against the wind...'   Then another voice overtook his mothers as it shouted 'A shackled soul, tied to a grieving child is nothing without it's RAGE!'

End Song

His eyes fluttered open and he took a deep breath to make sure he was really awake and when he looked up to meet the gaze of Bleeding Heart he said to himself mentally 'Oh yeah, I think I would take my sleep story over this any day.'

Then Kori spoke up by saying "Hello little Longtail, how are you today?"  

Longtail simply said "I'm hungry." "Do you want some green food?" asked Dark eye  

Longtail heard himself  answer, and his answer made him even more sick to his stomach, as he said "No...I want meat." and then Longtail really did vomit. The other sharpteeth stepped back as Blackfoot said "Now that's just gross."  

Dark eye walked over to Longtail and looked at him sharptooth to half breed and got a very warm surprise, as Longtail vomited in his face. "It is so lucky we are near a river!" shouted Dark eye to himself. The others however had amassed into laughter at their comrades humiliation.  

"If we were not trying to change you I'd kill you right now." shouted Dark eye from the rivers edge.

Then Bleeding Heart brought Longtail a rather large piece of meat...from where didn't really matter to Longtail he just wanted to eat, and fast!  "Untie him and let's see what happens." ordered BH "Yes of course." said Blackfoot.  

As Blackfoot was slicing the very last vine holding Longtail in place, he noticed something. "Hey guys, this kid is starting to drool on my hands." Then Leviathan pointed something out "Look at his eyes. One of them has changed color."  

"Wait!" shouted Jodo. "His smell just changed." Dark eye then shouted "No way...wait a minute...you're right...he actually smells like a..."  

"A sharptooth!" said Bleeding Heart as he grinned with pleasure as Longtail began to tear into the meat lying in front of him...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now on to Chapter 23!

The Hunt Begins

"NO!" cried Cyrix "I am afraid it is true, last night was the beginning of the Two night Circles of Darkness." said Grandpa Longneck. 'Then I'm too late, if the worst has happened I may have to...to.' Cyrix did not want to finish that thought and lucky for him Teri broke his train of thought.

But it was what she said that sent chills up Cyrixs' spine. "I think Longtail is in trouble...bad trouble...I think he needs help."

"What do you mean Teri?" asked Tria.

Teri bowed her head as she began to explain: "I had a sleep story last night about... Longtail, He was at first protecting me from a sharptooth, but then he turned around and he was diffrent, and it wasn't just his right eye this time either, he...he..."

"What did he look like Teri?" asked Ducky

Teri then closed her eyes and shuddered, too scared to think about it. "Don't worry Teri you don't have to tell if you don't want to."  said  Tria. Teri then quietly said "Thank you."

'Poor girl.' thought Pterano as he watched from a nearby tree.

"Me hope he okay." said Petrie with a worried expression upon his face. "Knowing my nephew, even if he were surrounded by hungry sharpteeth, I'm sure he'd be just fine." said Cyrix hoping to reassure everyone. 'At least for my sake I hope he's fine. And that the night circle didn't affect him.'

Outside the Valley...

Being surrounded by sharpteeth was not Longtail's biggest problem now... it was his hunger, he wanted more meat but Bleeding Heart had refused to bring anymore and said he had to hunt his food... even Longtail knew that wasn't going to happen.

'So here I sit starving from hunger.' thought Longtail 'All because if I go hunting I can only do it in the valley... well I'd rather starve than scare my friends!'

Almost as if able to read his thoughts Bleeding Heart came over towards Longtail and said "You know you may just die if you don't go and hunt." Longtail however refused to even look Bleeding Heart in the eyes.

Longtail opened his mouth as if to respond, but instead his beak clasped shut on the end of a stinging buzzer and he nudged his head back and pulled the stinger off, and bit down on the buzzer and crunched down hard listening as he finished chewing.

Bleeding Heart just snorted in disgust as he turned and walked away.

Kori then walked up to the young flyer and asked "How are you holding up kid?"  Longtail looked at her as if he were going to laugh, then he said "Okay, besides being hungry... although I am a little surprised you care."

Kori smiled as she slipped a fresh piece of meat in front of Longtail, and he looked somewhat surprised when she did this as he asked her...

"Why are you helping me...I thought all sharpteeth were loyal to their masters."

Kori nodded and said "Yes I still am loyal to my master, but lately I've begun to question his methods."

This caught Longtails' attention, as he then asked "But why kidnap me?"

Kori smiled and replied "It was your friend Korr's idea anyway."

Longtails eyes widened in shock and his right eye changed color once more as he shouted "KORR!!"

Longtail then proceeded to roll onto his feet and said outloud "I will go hunting after all, and I will do it alone, and I will kill Korr and bring his horns back as proof to rid the world of his influence once and for all!"

"Well, well what did you say to get him so heated up?" asked Blackfoot "She mentioned Korr being part of the plot, how else... and I heard everything." said Jodo

"Of course you would." muttered Kori under her breath "I heard that too." chuckled Jodo  "I really hate when you do that!" commented Kori to Jodo, who was still trying to stifle another laugh.

Bleeding heart walked over and said to Longtail, "You can hunt whoever you want on one condition." Longtail snarled and said trough clenched teeth "Name it, master!"

BH smiled at this and said "Yes you are beginning to understand that being part sharptooth is a blessing, not a curse. Now the only condition is,whatever you kill you must bring enough back for the rest of us!"

"Can I go now.... I want to spill some blood!" he said laughing with a dark look in his eyes. "Go." said BH

"Go and show the valley fools what it means to fear a true sharptooth!"

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That was awesome! :wow , I was truly hoping to finally read a new chapter of your fanfic GVG, thank you for posting it! :DD .
 Keep it up!, I am truly hoping to get to read more soon.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now for Chapter 24

The Final Change, A Secret Told

After finding his way into the valley and staying out of sight for most of the afternoon even while everyone was looking for him...Longtail found a safe and secure hiding spot in the least likely spot...a cave inside the Thundering Falls and underwater.

Longtail then said to himself 'Talk about a close one...but ..I really thought those sharpteeth were going to see through my lie. When I see Korr now...if he had anything to do with this, he will pay!'

"Okay, I've blocked the only entrance to this cave.... now if what those shrpteeth outside the valley said was true then the second Blood Red Night Circle will begin soon, and I am supposed to become a full sharptooth, but that's not possible, I'm only half sharptooth, of course I know the night circle is going to affect me anyway, so I''ll just stay here."

'Oh no you wont!' "Uhhh....Firewater.... What do you want now Doom? And make it quick I wanna sleep the rest of the night."

Then Doom's voice became darker, almost unbearable and seemed to shake the cave as he spoke... 'You cannot escape, your demise is certain.' 'End your torment and my own!' 'Your name... your true name will be revealed soon enough, you are the end of all living things, this is your fate, you cannot escape, and you will obey, this valley has become your home, and it shall become your tomb!'

"No!" shouted Longtail, "I will never let you take control!" He took a deep breath as he said "I'd rather die!"

'Then so be it!' shouted Doom. And just as fast as the conversation had begun...it was over, but something much worse was about to take place. Both of Longtail's eyes widened as he suddenly realized he couldn't breath...his lungs had just stopped working.

His body was shaking, it was becoming hard to think, and then his eyesight began to blur and fade. Longtail was now officially scared as his body slumped to the floor with him gasping for air, which wouldn't come.

'I'm sure you are wondering what's happening to you right now aren't you?' asked Doom.

When Longtail didn't respond Doom decided to answer for him...'Oh that's right, you said you would rather die then let me take over...well I'm guessing you only have a few more moments of life...you know before you...die.'

"S-S-S..." Doom chuckled and said 'Oh I'm sorry do you want me to stop so you can breath again little one?' Longtail then said in his mind "I will never surrender to the likes of you, you want control....then expect a long and hard fight!" knowing Doom would hear him.

Longtail wanted to keep fighting....but he was getting tired, and the lack of air wasn't making it any easier. His fear hit it's peak, he began to shed tears, his body quaked, then as his eyesight began to dim even further into darkness, he could hear his heart beat.

But this is not what scared him...Oh no....its what was happening to his eyesight. Just as it reached the edge of the darkness with just two points of light to see, those two points of light went from white to red, and then the darkness began to recede as swiftly as it had come...but the red light was taking up the space the darkness left behind.

'GIVE IN TO MY STRENGTH CHILD!!'  roared Doom, but no matter how hard Doom fought for control of Longtails body, the harder Longtail fought to stay in control. This tug of war for control lasted only another few moments before Doom finally said 'One of these days child you will see that letting me take control is what will keep you alive!'

When the darkness had completely faded from his eyesight Longtail blinked once to make sure he was still awake, and indeed he was, and with a start, he realized he could breath again! This put one fear to rest, as he took several deep breaths of fresh air!

But again something was noticeably different. Longtail immediately rushed over to the pool of water sitting underneath the large rock he had rolled into place to keep himself inside the cave.

Longtail looked into the water and made a rather large discovery: His teeth were sharper than before...his skin tone was three tones darker making him look like the night sky, before the bright circle rose in the morning...and the mark given to him by Dark-tooth glowed like fire on the back of his neck.

'What's happened to me?' thought Longtail

'The night circle has changed you for the better!' said Doom once more. Longtail however was confused, for he didn't sound like Doom was in his head anymore..it sounded like Doom was standing right next to him.

His eyes widened in shock as he looked down at the puddle of water beneath him only to see Doom staring right back at him from the water! "Okay now I'm really confused now." said Longtail

'Well you see it is really simple...' said Doom  'You've allowed the final change to happen, but somehow also stayed in control instead of letting me take over. But  you will see one day that with me being in control is the only way to survive.'

Longtail then remembered his promise to Bleeding Heart and the other sharpteeth... "I guess it's time to get to work." With that thought in mind Longtail proceeded to roll the rock away from the entrance to the cave...knowing just where he needed to go...

Later that night...

Littlefoot awoke with a start...and as his eyesight adjusted to the darkness of the night, he noticed that Ali was also starting to wake up as well... 'I wonder what's going on?' thought Littlefoot, but what he didn't know was that the answer to that question would come sooner than he thought, and it would change everything.

"I'm sorry for this little ones, but it was necessary to get you all away from the other grown ups." said Cyrix a few minutes later after leading Littlefoot, Ali, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike and Teri away from their nests, but Cyrix honestly hoped he was making the right choice about this.

"So what's so important that you brought us all out here?" asked Cera getting impatient with the rainbow face.

"I'm sure he has a reason Cera, let's give Longtail's uncle a chance to speak." said Ali quietly, not that anyone was around to hear them, but she figured better safe than sorry.

"It's about my nephew." "You mean Longtail?" asked Ducky.

Cyrix nodded his head and continued by saying  "Yes and the Night Circle of Darkness." At the mention of the night circle everyone looked up into the sky to see that it still held it's dark red, menacing place in the night sky.

"So, what does that have to do with Longtail?" commented Cera.

Littlefoot then spoke up as he replied "But my grandparents and Mr. Thicknose told us that it only affects sharpteeth, so we should all be safe...right?"

Cyrix caught the uncertainty in Littlefoots last sentence and the rainbow face sighed as he replied "My nephew will be affected by the night circle, because you see....he is a half sharptooth."

The gang gasped simultaneously as Petrie said "But Longtail nice." Spike nodded in agreement with Petrie.

"Wait a minute something doesn't add up here!" said Cera "Longtail looks way too much like a flyer to be any kind of sharptooth."

Cyrix sighed as he knew this part of the story was going to be hard for the kids to believe. "Longtails father was a sharptooth, his mother was a flyer and Longtail will be affected by the night circle, but how I don't know, we may need to be on our guard, my nephew may not be himself, and might try to hurt anyone of us."

"This is very bad it is, it is." moaned Ducky as she looked down at Spike

"What can we do?" asked Ali hoping they could help him should they see him.

Cyrix sighed once more and said to the children "For one we MUST keep this a secret from the other adults, and two it may help if we find him before anyone else does."

Petrie then asked "But why keep it from grown-ups?"

Cyrix nodded at Petrie's question and answered "If the other elders found out about Longtail....they may see him as a threat and try to....banish or....eliminate him any way possible."

Then almost instinctively everyone turned to Teri who hadn't said anything during the whole conversation. She looked pale, and almost sick to her stomach. Tears were forming in her eyes, her beak was trembling, she was scared and everyone in the group knew it.

"Teri....are you okay?" questioned Ali

Cyrix walked over to the little female flyer and quietly said "It's the sleep story isn't it?" Teri simply nodded her head very slowly and for the first time since coming here Teri spoke.

"Is....Longtail....going to be...okay?" she asked, and honestly Cyrix was at a loss for words. He really didn't know what might happen to his nephew durning the night circle, but he held out hope as he replied:

"I don't know, but if I know my nephew he'll try to stay out of our way until this is all over."

"What was that?" asked Ducky.

"What are you talking about?" said Cera now becoming annoyed that she could be asleep instead of learning and keeping all these secrets.

"Shhh....listen!" whispered Littlefoot.

The sound was coming from behind them, and it wounded like something being dragged by someone, who was clearly have trouble carrying it by themselves. Cyrix then whispered to the children...

"Don't move, I'm going to see what that is...stay here." The gang simply nodded there response not wanting to give away there hiding spot.

Cyrix slowly walked into the open and definitely saw someone carrying something...it almost looked like...like 'Korr's Horn!' Cyrix realized with a start. The rainbow face then decided it was time to interfere and he charged forward and said to the mysterious figure "Stop!"

The figure stopped dead in it's tracks and slowly turned around to meet Cyrixs gaze, but as it did.... 'Those eyes....it can't be...no...I really am too late...' his next words were laced with fear and worry as he said "L-L-Longtail?"

The young flyer narrowed his eyes at the sight of his uncle and said "Please don't interfere Uncle...I need to do this..."

Cyrix looked at his nephew and asked "I should have been there for you...I'm so sorry...you know you have a choice...you don't have to give into your base instincts....please let me help you."

Longtail shook his head and replied "No...not yet, I am sorry Uncle Cyrix but I have to do this..." but he was cut off as he uncle shouted "Do what?! Sneak around the valley, making your friends and the elders worry about you?!"

"No!" shouted Longtail back to his uncle "I have to do this to protect everyone from the Saurischia!"

At that point Cyrix froze in place as he stuttered back "Sa...the Saurischia! The same one lead by Bleeding Heart!" Longtail nodded his head and retorted "The very same."

Then Cyrix eyes widened even further as he suddenly realized "You met them didn't you...how...why them...what is going on around here?!"

Longtail gave a long, depressed sigh and said to his uncle "I promise to tell you everything very soon, but right now I need to get these..." as he lifted Korr's remaining horn pieces into view "...Back to the Saurischia so they think I killed Korr."

Cyrix was upset and for the first time got a good look at Longtail since this physical change...and the one thing that stood out to the rainbow face was the red glowing mark on the back of his nephew's neck, but he didn't dare raise anymore questions.

He simply sighed and nodded his head in agreement and said "You are right if you can get them to leave without a fight, then you will be a hero....but you do realize I am going to have to tell the other elders about this right?"

Longtail smiled and said "I have no doubt, but may I make a suggestion uncle?" The rainbow face nodded his head at his nephew's request. "Please don't tell anyone that I'm half sharptooth yet...I don't want it to affect my friendship with Littlefoot and the others."

Cyrix then nodded again and asked "When this is over..." Longtail then cut him off "...This is over when I come back and we have a big celebration."

Cyrix just smiled and said mentally 'My nephew so adventurous, and brave, sometimes I forget he's just a child.'

Longtail nodded and continued to walk/drag the rest of Korr's dominate horn out of the valley as Cyrix said quietly to himself... 'I just lied....to my own nephew...I really do hope Littlefoot and the others keep this secret.'

Cyrix then turned around and said "Now to inform the other elders of the nearby danger!"

He ran back into the grove where the children were hiding, and said "We need to call a council meeting...Please go get the other grown ups." Petrie then asked "But why?"

Cyrix answered "Because a very dangerous group of sharpteeth have found there way here to the Great Valley."

Ali then asked "But why are they here?" Cera then spoke up by saying

"Who cares...it's a group of sharpteeth, I'm not sticking around to get eaten!"

And with that the young threehorn bolted for her nest, intent on waking her father and step mother. Cyrix however just sighed and said to the others still present "Hurry and tell the elders, the meeting is important and taking place at the Thundering Falls."

The gang nodded and ran off towards their nest ready to give the information needed, while the rainbow face ran towards Cera and her nest knowing that if she reached there first, her father was going to scream for days. 'This just keeps getting better and better!' thought the rainbow face to himself sarcastically.

Meanwhile....

He was getting tired of waiting like this...it was extremely irritating and he was about to go get the little morsel himself, but just as he was starting to get up he noticed something standing in the light of the night circle....

"Well, well, Hey guys! The little food snack made it back...and he has the horn as well!" said Dark eye with a smile on his face as he approached Longtail.

Dark eye could see the smile on the kids face, and the blood on his lips....and knew he had done what needed to be done...just as he promised, however, he also noticed that the kid also looked different too. Longtail however thought to himself in a panic 'I hope they don't figure out this is just sweet bubble juice...'

"Well little one..it seems we were right about you...you truly have accepted your darker half...and now on to the bigger picture!" said Bleeding Heart as he stepped forward from the shadows. This caught Longtails attention as he asked "What bigger picture?"

And when BH answered Longtail wished he hadn't as he replied "Why the massive feast we will have once we enter the Great Valley....what else?" Longtail's eyes widened then as he dropped Korr's horn ..and almost forgot his ruse.

He gave them a crooked smile and said "So when does it begin? Killing that Red Horn was too much fun!"

"My, my the last blood red night circle certainly has changed you in more ways than one." Said Bleeding Heart as he looked at Longtail for the first time since letting him go into the valley. He could see his skin was darker than normal, and he had what looked like a glowing mark...or a burn mark on his neck.

Longtail broke BH's train of thought when he said "Well then....let's give that valley heard something to think about!" Longtail then looked up into the night sky...and sniffed the air and replied....

"A storm is coming, but this storm...is different."

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 GVG, when you said "mass update" you really meant it :DD . That was very awesome and a great "to be continued" way to finish this chapter.
 Very cool!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have one more chapter, but I'm deciding weither I should post it or not???