The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

AHHHHHHH.....

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Well it's come to my attention that I've hit a brick wall in my fanfic. I've been given permission by several forum members here to use their personal OC's in my story. And while this greatly raises my enthusiasm for continuing, it also raises an issue.

I can't seem to figure out a way to introduce these characters in a proper way without making it seem completely out-of-character...
That...and while I have most of the story figured out...I just cant seem to put my thoughts together well enough to pull the chapter together.

I mean seriously Chapter 25, (which is done btw) was just me getting lucky and typing out a semi action scene. :p

Well if anyone has any tips or hints...or ideas...that would make my day! :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you can list the characters and the members who made up the char could give some tips, unless you'd rather do this over pm with them.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That first suggestion might actually work Kor. Once again you have proven to me that with time comes wisdom.  :yes I'll put that idea into motion as soon as I can.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I agree with Kor, that can make things more organized, but what can also help is that all characters have background stories, you may try to read them because that can give you an idea of how to introduce those characters in your story.
 I hope you'll be able to keep up with your fanfic.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Sep 9 2008 on  04:12 PM
Hello:
but what can also help is that all characters have background stories, you may try to read them because that can give you an idea of how to introduce those characters in your story.

That idea has crossed my mind. But it would take awhile for everyone to develop a back story for their characters...well except for StarfallRaptor I was planning on using the Sleep and Remember RP as a default beginning for my story as to why Dante and Longtail know each other.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I thought those characters you are using already had a background story, like I always do when I create a character. Well, but at least you do have some ideas, that rp can help you a lot.
 If you cannot find background info about the new characters you are using, you may ask the ones that created those characters, that may help.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you want you could use some of my OC's.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you can look over some of the char info in the various char list threads here and if you are in any rp where the characters appear, that may give you some ideas of what fits with the character best.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, Dante is a bit of a wanderer sometimes.  Knowing him, he probably had wandered off into the Beyond, gotten lost again, or done something else stupid.  That's how he can be integrated.  I'm sure you'll think of something, my friend.  I trust your decision.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chiletrek,Sep 9 2008 on  04:37 PM
Hello:
 I thought those characters you are using already had a background story, like I always do when I create a character. Well, but at least you do have some ideas, that rp can help you a lot.
 If you cannot find background info about the new characters you are using, you may ask the ones that created those characters, that may help.
@ Chiletrek: its not so much about the individual character's personal backstories...I just need to find a way to integrate how they know Longtail. Wether it's from one of the RP's or something original (Which is the real problem... :p)

But I'm sure with all of your help, I'll come up with something. :yes

@ Starfall: And it would be just like Dante to wander off and get lost! :DD :lol

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 You do have a point, I hope you'll be able to come up with the necessary ideas to get the new characters to know Longtail. But at this point, and for you to avoid getting more confussed, try to work on 1 character at a time, from the nearest one that will pop-up in the plot to the farthest one.
 I think that will take some time to figure out, but if you work calmly, then you should have more chances to get things right without having to rewrite entire chapters :blink: .

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You are right Chiletrek...focusing on one character at a time will make this much easier for me...I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as often as I can with this thread...and if you feel the need to suggest something...feel free to leave it here and I'll be happy to look it over! :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Working on 1 char at a time is best and may well give you time to come up with ideas for others.