The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Limericks

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
For those who don't know, limericks are five line poems where the first, second, and fifth lines rhyme, and the third and fourth lines rhyme. The third and fourth lines tend to be a bit shorter than the first, second, and fifth lines, and the poem as a whole tends to be rather light hearted. I wrote ten for now and plan to write more. Since not everyone here has seen all the movies, there is an explanation about the basis for each of my limericks directly follwing them. I hope my quality is decent enough and that my explanations don't disrupt the flow of thought.

The Land Before Time Limericks

Five very young children did chase,
Two egg-eaters at a very swift pace.
Little did they know,
That the egg did not go,
But instead was still quite in place.

(In the second movie, the kids gave chase to two egg-eaters thinking they had Ducky’s egg, but it was back at the nest.)

It took Cera a while to know,
But she learned and it really did show,
No matter how dismayful,
He got when was playful,
What’s not to love about Mo?

(Cera for a while did not like Mo, but as the ninth movie continued, she came to appreciate him. Notice my usage of the poetic license: dismayful is not a real word.)

Ozzie and Strut did not know,
As they ran very fast to and fro,
The thing they had feared,
Was not as appeared,
But instead was a baby’s shadow.

(In the second movie, Ozzie and Strut kept running from a Sharptooth’s shadow thinking it was an adult, when it really belonged to baby Chomper.)

Here is a tale about Ducky,
A young little girl who was plucky.
With her brother in trouble,
She attacked on the double,
And lived- boy was she lucky.

(When Chomper’s parents came in the second movie, Spike froze and was nearly gotten, but Ducky jumped onto the parent’s head which caused Spike to snap out of it and get away, and Ducky managed to survive the ordeal too.)

The Yellow Bellies were plenty of fun,
And they lifted their rears to the sun.
But what came as a shock,
Was learned on the walk,
That Foobie was really the wise one.

(In the thirteenth movie, the Yellow Bellies were about having a good time, enjoying the moment and often his with their rears in the air. They spoke of a wise one, and the shock was that it was Phoebe all along.)

Chomper was a very good friend.
To save, the stinky place he did send.
While they came to a song,
The peace didn’t last long,
So his powerful teeth he did lend.

(In movie number five, Chomper was a good friend to the others, hiding them in a stinky group of plants to hide their sent. However, a Sharptooth eventually did find them and Chomper bit his tail, buying enough time for his parents to step in.)

The Great Valley had a lot of new faces.
They were migraters who took many paces.
With his grandfather ill,
Littlefoot couldn’t sit still,
So to save saw a number of places.

(In the fourth movie, a herd of Long Necks migrated into the valley. Littlefoot's grandfather grew ill so he traveled across the land to find the cure to save him. Again, see the use of the poetic license: migraters is not a real word.)

Littlefoot made a friend known as Ali.
Over time, they began to get pally.
With rocks keeping him in,
He just couldn’t win,
But his friend saved the day with a rally.

(In movie number four, Littlefoot befriended Ali and they grew close. He got stuck in a cave it, but Ali gathered his friends who saved him. Yet again with the poetic license: pally is not a word.)

The bullies were a rude little bunch.
They liked to threaten, be greedy, and punch.
Yet Littlefoot didn’t give in,
And sang with a grin.
They’re just like them was his hunch.

(In movie three, there were bullies who were violent and mean, but Littlefoot didn’t give up on them, singing how the bullies aren’t much different than he and his friends.)

There was a legend of a lone dinosaur.
He would fight and fight then fight more.
Littlefoot saw a hero,
And his doubts were zero,
That this was the one from the lore.

(In the sixth movie, Littlefoot’s grandfather told the story of a lone dinosaur that fought to save others. Littlefoot believed that his new friend Doc was the one from legend.)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
These are all good :yes.  If I may just point one thing out, the Wise One's name is Foobie, not Phoebe ;).  Other than that, great job on these :lol.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
These limericks I can really adore
At last something that comes without gore
When I said said at last
I did not mean the past
But am hoping there will be some more ;)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice limericks TFS! You too Malte. :lol:  I hope to see more of these.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I may just point one thing out, the Wise One's name is Foobie, not Phoebe.
Why, you may indeed, miss. Thank you for pointing that out. It has now been corrected thanks to your perceptive eyes, broad knowledge, and willingness to be helpful.

Now, I have finished season two of my LBT limericks. In case people don't notice this, I am posting them in ten verse increments. And, like last time, there are explanations for the ones that aren't quite clear or for those who didn't see the movie or episode it corresponds to.

The Land Before Time Limericks Season Two

To Chomper, young Cera did mock.
She thought his appetite was surely amok.
Yet Ducky hadn’t been eaten,
But by gravity was beaten,
And plummeted down like a rock.

(From the scene where Ducky got lost in the fifth movie and fell while Cera thought Chomper ate her.)

There once was a Swimmer named Mo.
How to have fun, he really did know.
Yet Cera had to complain,
That he was quite a pain,
And wished that he would just go.

(This is the general attitude Cera had towards Mo in the ninth movie until the end.)

Petrie has trouble with grammar.
When talking, he often does stammer.
No one is sure why it’s so,
Though some wish to know,
And this is the source of much yammer.

(Just a generalization of how Petrie communicates throughout the series.)

Spike ever so much loves to munch.
You’ll never catch this boy missing lunch.
Though this has been problematic,
Since it is never systematic,
All his friends love him a bunch.

(Spike eats in a very irregular pattern, unlike the others who tend to eat together. His sporadic eating has caused trouble on more than one occasion, such as eating the vine they were crossing in the seventh movie, and eating a leaf in movie five that made the log turn while the gang rode it.)

Pterano really thought he was wise.
He had hoped that his status would rise.
But the stone was a flop,
So his dreams had to stop.
Now for his future, only he can surmise.

(Pterano really hoped to achieve greatness from the stone, but the mission was a failure. Now, it is unknown to others what the future holds for him.)

Ali made a new friend known as Rhett.
He was a troublesome one you can bet.
Though he had many lies,
From sunset to sunrise,
The plan to expose him was set.

(Rhett caused some trouble with his lies that went on and on, but Littlefoot and the others set a plan in motion to fix things.)

Chomper once had a frightful day.
He was far too upset to even play.
He feared for his tooth,
But soon learned the truth:
“It is normal,” Ruby did say.

(Chomper was worried when he lost a tooth, but Ruby calmed nim by assuring him that it was normal.)

The bullies as usual were mean.
They found their behavior quite keen.
Yet Littlefoot was kind,
And they kept this in mind,
So sharing was soon what was seen.

(The bullies were really bad in movie three, but Littlefoot’s kindness got through to them, even inciting them to share at the end.)

Guido was an unusual sight.
Late, late at night he’d take flight.
His new friends gave chase,
No matter the place,
And  helped him till came the daylight.

(Guido was an unusual creature to most in the Great Valley, especially from his sleep flying which the kids worked very hard to keep under control.)

At last, Ruby’s star day was here.
Such an occasion was far from mere.
They had a surprise,
Through a great many tries,
And the treat really made Ruby cheer.

(The kids had been plans to add to Ruby’s star day. Not just an expression of their friendship was shown, but they worked to get her favorite food, sweet bubbles, which really cheered her up.)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
First thing I want to point out is, I love your new avatar!!!! So cute!!!!!

Hey, season two of the limericks. I think these ones got the same reaction of me the first time, very well-written. You used some smart words. Great work. ;)