The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 113013

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Davis Doi didn't screw up the casting for the main characters - they have mostly been the same for many past movies. And, what did he replicate from the first movie? They're not trying to find the great valley again!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Jun 17 2016 on  04:56 AM
Any update on the sales, or any news of a sequel? Things have been quiet in both regards.
Does Aria still hang around the forum? I'm willing to bet she would know.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does this really matter of the sequel is selling good or bad?

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 18 2016 on  04:33 PM
Does this really matter of the sequel is selling good or bad?
Yes, it kinda does. That way we'll know if a sequel is guaranteed or not.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think so fourteen is plenty. But if we one day we do get one hopefully a different person directs it.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 18 2016 on  06:59 PM
I don't think so fourteen is plenty. But if we one day we do get one hopefully a different person directs it.
In your opinion. I personally would like to go for some more for old time's sake.

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Jun 19 2016 on  01:12 AM
In your opinion. I personally would like to go for some more for old time's sake.
If JoTB does good business, we seriously ought to consider writing a full-length script in anticipation of the next movie. With a little luck, it might provide Universal with some (much-needed) inspiration. It would be a rare chance to make a real impact on the series.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sangiban,Jun 19 2016 on  02:56 PM
If JoTB does good business, we seriously ought to consider writing a full-length script in anticipation of the next movie. With a little luck, it might provide Universal with some (much-needed) inspiration. It would be a rare chance to make a real impact on the series.
What would we write about, though?

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Jun 20 2016 on  04:58 AM
Quote from: Sangiban,Jun 19 2016 on  02:56 PM
What would we write about, though?
I'm not sure yet. Obviously it would have be to be something reasonably original. One idea could be having vast numbers of Sharpteeth decide to attack the Great Valley in packs, as a result of a new round of climate change and consequent critical food shortages in the Mysterious Beyond. The Great Valley's residents usual method of banding together and driving  the Sharpteeth away isn't feasible this time:    the packs are too many and too widely scattered, they refuse to retreat to the Mysterious Beyond (believing they can't survive there) and the herbivores can't afford to leave their children unprotected (which means they can't attack as a group). So the Sharpteeth remain. The protagonists are confronted with a difficult choice: leave the Great Valley and risk their lives looking for a possible new sanctuary, or tough it out- partly by bringing in herbivores from outside the Valley. As a subplot you could have another big fight between Littlefoot and Cera concerning his mothers memory. Littlefoot realises one day that Cera never actually took back her insult against his mother in the original movie. He asks her to take it back, she refuses, and things snowball from there (NB: this idea is derived from the fanfic "The Big Quarrel", worth checking out if you have time).

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(*still didn't watch JOB, so I am peeking with just one eye...*)

is that... child-friendly?
and srsl, Cera and Littlefoot fight? with such reason?

----
Hey, I would like to see here some kind of competition thread where people create and post plot for next movie, and the best one wins...

but I don't think creators will see that

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 20 2016 on  12:06 PM

----
Hey, I would like to see here some kind of competition thread where people create and post plot for next movie, and the best one wins...

Well I was thinking more in terms of a collaborative project by a fairly small group of members rather than everyone writing his own script (my previous story suggestion was just to get the ball rolling, and as you pointed out isn't child-friendly). Either way, the producers might ignore us entirely, but I think it’s worth a try. At worst, we’d have laid the basis for an outstanding fanfic.

As for Littlefoot and Cera fighting, note that Cera never apologized for her insult. They just forgot about the whole affair because more important events happened. So I don't think it's implausible that the quarrel would be rekindled if they were reminded of it somehow and Littlefoot again demanded an apology. True, Cera did show that she could apologize in JoTB. However, bad writing aside, that apology arguably required a lot less pride from her.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
almost 10 monts have passed
still waiting for translation of LBT14 to my language...
T-T

I amaze myself, how I didn't watch it till this time. Oo

I don't know...
watch it in original language? Close my eyes on these lost passed months of waiting?

Single reason why I didn't watch it is despite I can almost freely watch movies, cartoons and tv series in English without subtitles, I want to sit on my sofa, start Land Before time, and watch it "in one breath": without pauses,replays and misunderstanding speech.

Sigh... New Year is coming very fast...

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sangiban,Jun 20 2016 on  07:23 AM
Quote from: Snik,Jun 20 2016 on  12:06 PM

----

Well I was thinking more in terms of a collaborative project by a fairly small group of members rather than everyone writing his own script (my previous story suggestion was just to get the ball rolling, and as you pointed out isn't child-friendly). Either way, the producers might ignore us entirely, but I think it’s worth a try. At worst, we’d have laid the basis for an outstanding fanfic.

As for Littlefoot and Cera fighting, note that Cera never apologized for her insult. They just forgot about the whole affair because more important events happened. So I don't think it's implausible that the quarrel would be rekindled if they were reminded of it somehow and Littlefoot again demanded an apology. True, Cera did show that she could apologize in JoTB. However, bad writing aside, that apology arguably required a lot less pride from her.
Cera's just like Vegeta.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Still the Movie should have had a different director for it. But I can say this even tho it sucked it was actually better than movie 13. I actually liked those diggers they were awesome and good.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Nov 24 2016 on  12:36 AM
Still the Movie should have had a different director for it.
 :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Davis Doi  hiccups again.
one thousand first time

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey just saying I know I need to stop but it's so hard not to I love ripping him a new one. It's fun and enjoyable.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't believe I have suffered for almost year...

Two more months - and I will watch it in English if news about Russian version won't show up.
:/

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's still not out where you're yet? If the English version is already ready out why not watch it already

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Snik,Jan 7 2017 on  02:55 PM
Two more months - and I will watch it in English if news about Russian version won't show up.
:/
It's pretty clear they won't release the 14th movie here. So just go and watch the undubbed version already.