The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finally Together Again/Into the Mysterious Beyond

LBTFan13 · 330 · 24050

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil looked at his friends, then he spoke again.
"Ressentiment is...was formed when I was against my brother.  Cyrix may remember them as having invaded the Valley a long time ago, while I attacked Dante and Longtail.  The members are Alastor, a sadistic, twisted, madman with a taste for blood, Lien, the seductive, manipulating one, Faust, who kills others in the name of his 'Research,' and Mephisto, the one who believes himself to be darkness incarnate.  The one leading them is Kireek.  He's by far the most dangerous. He's smart, cunning, and strong, so if it comes down to a fight, let me take him.  I have the best chance."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Strut sighed. "I was afraid my brother would forge an alliance with someone, especially sharpteeth. We better be extra careful from now on. Zaine is in more danger than ever."

Meanwhile, Zaine was in the middle of a dream involving his parents. He was sitting in his nest, talking with his mother. "Mother, I can't help the feeling that something's wrong. I feel like we're running out of time."

"Zaine, you must be careful, because Ozzy is becoming more desperate to retrieve the stone. If he obtains the power, he will enslave the world."

"That's awful!"

"It will be unless you prevent it."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Unfortunately, when he asked this his dream turned into a nightmare. All around him, the Great Valley was transforming into a dark and baren wasteland. The lush green grass dried up, and the moon shined with an evil glow. "What's going on? Is this the Mysterious Beyond?"

"No. This is the Great Valley. At least, it will be if Ozzy gets the stone."

Zaine couldn't believe what he was seeing. His once beautiful home became a world of pain and suffering. He began to see his friends as slaves. "No, Littlefoot, Longtail, Mim..." A tear began to roll down his cheek. Everyone he knew was suffering. He couldn't take it anymore. He screamed until he woke up, panting.

He looked around and saw everything was still the same. His friends were all ok. He breathed heavily for a few seconds.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante turned around when he heard Zaine's scream.
"What is it, Zaine?  What's wrong?"
He worriedly asked...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine panted and looked towards Dante, but it was too hard for him to say it. "I............. I saw................I saw the Great Valley...................under Ozzy's control............If he gets the stone.............he will enslave everybody................especially all of you guys................." He couldn't say anything else because he was in too much shock. I can't let it happen. I won't let it happen.

Strut looked at Virgil. "My only question is why Ozzy would form an alliace with these sharpteeth. If they are truly as evil as you say, why wouldn't they kill him?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim jumped up and looked back to where Zaine was, startled by his sudden scream.  

Petrie flew up high into the air before he was fully awake sure something horrid and scary had appeared and Ducky jumped up and grabbed Littlefoot's nearest leg also startled.  

"What happened?" Littlefoot asked.  

"Sounds like Zaine had a very scary sleepstory." Mim said, "and a very bad one." She said with concern in her voice.  

Ducky want over to pat Zaine, "Do not worry, scary sleepstories can not hurt us, no they can not." She said trying to comfort Zaine.  

Petrie came back down to land on Littlefoot.  "Me think something happen." He said, finally calm enough to talk and land.  

"We'll stop Ozzy.  Everyone needs a good rest and food & such.  And then we can talk over some tactics and strategy." Mim said.

"Maybe we need to get good sharpteeth on our side." Ducky said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine shook his head. "This wasn't just some scary sleep story. If Ozzy gets the stone, everyone is going to become his slaves. I'm not going to let that madman get what he wants!"

Chomper had woken up along with the others, and he looked concerned. "Yes, but for now you need to rest. You've sustained too many injuries in the past and need to heal. Everything depends upon you."

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"That sounds scary..." Shera said about the dream of Zaine. "We should get it then, I think... Not that Ozzy person!"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix completely agreed with everyone...especially Chomper when he said Zaine needed his rest. "Chomper is right...everything...depends on you. Your well being is our first concern."

However Cyrix's attention then turned to his nephew who had not only slept through the commotion but seemed to be having troubles while sleeping.

Longtail's breathing was coming in short, quick bursts and for a moment Cyrix thought that the color of his scales was a trick of the light...but no, Longtail looked and after a moment felt like he had a fever.

Cyrix frowned at this, but before he could raise any comments Longtail began to cough and wheeze, as if he were underwater and not getting any air. Cyrix immediately put Longtail down and took several steps back as Longtail began gasping and clawing at the ground.

Cyrix then bent down and place one hand on Longtail's head, and the other over his heart, took a deep breath and just sat there...waiting for something to happen.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante was almost immediately by Longtail's side, looking at Cyrix with worried eyes.
"What's wrong?  Is he okay?"
He asked, obviously panicked...

"The only reason they probably allied with Ozzy was either revenge on me and Dante, or that they were promised a share in Ozzy's new world..."
Virgil said to Strut, eyes focused grimly ahead...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine begin to panic as well. "Oh no Longtail!" He immediately knelt beside him. "What's happening to him?"

Chomper grew very worried as well. "Is he sick?"

Strut shook his head. "He would make a promise like that." He then turned and noticed the commotion. "I'm afraid we'll have to finish this later. Right now Longtail is in trouble."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix gave a small smile as he heard the others concern for Longtail. He then looked up and said to everyone "Longtail will be okay..I think. When he has a really bad sleep story his emotions tend to affect him like this. He should be waking up right..about...now!"

At those words Longtail's body went completely limp and after several seconds he opened his eyes. He looked around and seeing all his friends yawned as he asked "What...what's wrong? Aww...did I fall out of another tree?" He then looked up at his uncle and asked "So you just going to sit here, or are you gonna let me go?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine sighed in relief. "Oh thank god. Longtail you had us worried sick!"

Chomper nodded. "Yeah, you were acting really strange. Your breathing was short and you were going limp!"

Strut approached. "Longtail, what was the sleep story you had? It might help us."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave a sheepish smile and said "Sorry guys..." he then looked at Strut and said "Well...I guess I could tell you all."
"It had to do with the stone...Ozzy got to it at the same time we did...both he and Zaine made their wishes at the same time...but because the stone could only grant one...it required a living sacrifice to do it...and before any of us could try to stop it...we were ambushed by this purple sharptooth and his herd."

Longtail took a deep breath and continued..."Ozzy then said to Zaine...that you'd suffer seeing...your friend die...knowing it would be all your falut...and...thats when he pointed to me and said my name...and the stone started...to...kill me...it felt so real..."

Cyrix held Longtail for a moment and said "Everything is fine, you're safe now and with us....we will never let anything happen to you or us."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded.  
"Yeah.  That's right.  Now that we know that, we might be able to do something about it.  Glad to see you're okay, pal."

Virgil looked up grimly, then said...
"Brace yourself, because a part of your nightmare is about to become much more real..."

Motochika yelled from a short distance off...
"They draw near!  Be on your guard!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and replied "Thanks Dante." But then he and Cyrix looked up at Virgil and Motochika's warning. Longtail was the first to take up a battle stance as he said "This just isn't my day."

Cyrix frowned and said "I hope who ever this is is ready to lose their life for this attack!"

Hunter immediately stood beside Dante and gave a smile as she said "This outta get Longtail off that silly story of his. Now let's fight!'

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine grew worried and stayed low. "What's going on? Are we under attack again?"

"It would appear so," Strut replied. "We just can't get a break now can we? Zaine stay down!"

Chomper jumped into some sort of fighting stance, scanning the area. "Where are they coming from?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim stood up and got ready to fight.  Ducky & Petrie went to stand on Littlefoot, knowing from past experience that they were best and strongest when they stayed together instead of being separate.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned as Longtail and Hunter shifted into their fighting stances, then kicked his staff up onto his shoulder, crouching into his ready stance. Coolly, he tuned to face Zaine, agreeing
"Strut's right.  Stay safe.  We can't afford to lose you."

Virgil glared readily about.
"If I know Kireek, he'll send the others to go after us, then one of them will either attack me and Dante or grab Zaine.  Someone should stay close to him, just in case."
He said warily...

Motochika nodded.
"In that case, I will be one of the ones to protect Zaine.  That is my area that I can likely do the most good."
He replied calmly, striding over to Zaine's side...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded in response and said "Mim you and I can protect Zaine as well. We should stand next to him just so those sharpteeth don't try anything stupid."

Hunter was tense as she alwasy got before a major fight. She looked over to Dante, then Longtail and finally back to Zaine when a faint smile crossed her face.
"I hope this goes fast...I really could use a break." she said

Longtail for his part had closed his eyes and was taking a deep breath when his eyes shot open...he then shifted his weight onto his right foot and using it like a spring shot right past Virgil and readied his claws as he reached the side of a small slope of dirt and he brought his calws forward and....
SMACK! Right into the face of a sharptooth that was about to strike.

Longtail smiled as he jumped back and gave a triumpant roar and said in sharptooth "NOW YOU COWARDS FIGHT A REAL WARRIOR! ME....UNLESS YOU ARE LITTLE HACTHLINGS AND ARE AFRAID OF ME!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded, "I agree." She said as she moved to stand next to Zaine and got ready to fight.  Littlefoot got as close to Zaine as he could.  Petrie took to the air and Ducky jumped from Littlefoot onto Zaine to do what she could to protect Zaine and so Littlefoot would be more free to fight if he needed.