The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finally Together Again/Into the Mysterious Beyond

LBTFan13 · 330 · 24154

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was very glad that everyone was crowding around him. He felt much safer knowing his friends were going to protect him. "Thank you guys." Just then, he noticed another fast biter trying to flank them. He spun around and shouted, "Behind us!"

Strut grabbed another staff-like stick and faced the sharptooth. "Don't come any closer you creep!" Unfortunately, the fast biter charged, and Strut swung his staff at its head, launching it to the side.

Chomper kept looking around. "Where are my parents? We need them now!"

"We'll have to keep fighting until they get here!"

Meanwhile, Ozzy was scoping the area out, waiting for the right moment to strike at Zaine. He looked over towards Kireek. "I'm going to distract them. Sneek around him and grab the longneck. Do not get too carried away with revenge." With that, he stepped out and approached the group. "Well what do we have here?"

Zaine glared at Ozzy. "You."

"I'm surprised to see you alive Zaine. I thought I killed you already."

"Lucky for me your aim sucks."

"Strut then stepped in. "Ozzy stop this madness now!"

"Strut you were always pathetic, but joining with these kids brings you to a new all time low."

"Shut up! You know nothing about me!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante saw another blur of movement out of the corner of his eye, and he turned around in time to bring his staff up into Faust's jaw, then kick him into a rock wall.
"Watch out!  I think Kireek will make his presence known soon!"
He yelled, staff ready for the next attack.

Motochika spun around to strike at Mephisto with his elbow, then drive a knee into his chest.  
"These are true foes with killing intent!  Be on guard!"

Virgil nodded, then saw a purple blur dart for Zaine as the other were distracted.  He lunged forwards to intercept it, knocking Kireek aside with a rapid kick.  
"Don't even think about it Kireek!  You won't take Zaine!"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Just as Strut and Ozzy were speaking to each other...a green blur knocked Ozzy to the side as Hunter slid to a stop. She grinned as she turned to Strut and said "Your brothers voice is annoying...and makes him sound like a hatchling."

Longtail was busy dodging two other fast biters. He was so preoccupied with them that he didn't see a third one coming up behind him until it was almost too late.

Cyrix saw what was about to happen to his nephew and shouted "Look out!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante wheeled about, throwing his staff into the attacking fastbiter.
"You okay, Longtail?  Keep your guard up!"
He said, vaulting into the air to catch his staff...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave a nod in Dante's direction as he tail whipped another fast biter to the ground. He then turned and said "Don't worry about me. Just keep an eye on Zaine and my uncle...he's more than likely to make a mistake."

Cyrix groaned as he heard his nephew quick quip. He then pushed another fast biter out of his way to try and protect Zaine.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim remained next to Zaine keeping an eye on him as she attempted to keep the fastbiters away from him, punching one and using her tail to whack that one after it had started after her or Zaine again.    "Keep close to Zaine, we can protect him best if we remain near him." Mim said.

Littlefoot did his best to wack the fastbiter near him with his tail like he had seen Doc do with Petrie pecking at the fastbiter at the back of it's head or the top of it's head to distract it to give Littlefoot a better chance of whacking it.  

Ducky remained on Zaine to try to keep lookout and shout the others if she saw any sharpteeth look like they were heading towards Zaine or others.  

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika spun in place, knocking another two fastbiters away, then turned to Mim.
"You are right!  Everyone, remain close to each other as well!  The enemy will be unable to exploit blind spots that way!"
He yelled...

Virgil was facing off against Kireek.  Both parties circled warily, each waiting for the other to move...

"So...the once-mighty Virgil has fallen to relying on hatchlings for help?  You are weak... my lord."
Kireek spat mockingly at Virgil...

"You know nothing.  Even after all this time, you still are blind...Kireek!"
Virgil retorted, eyes narrowed...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Even before Virgil or Kireek could attack each other Longtail appeared and jumped off Kireek's head, quickly followed by two more fast biters. The flyer smiled as he watched one of the fast biters fall over their new leader and he then spun around twice and smacked the other sharptooth with his tail and watched it fall.

Longtail then bounded over to the others as he'd heard Dante's remark. He then stood between Hunter and Zaine and smiled while he did so, knowing he was protecting his friends.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned at Longtail as he spun back to join the others.
"Good move there, Longtail!  Keep it up!"
He cheered, swiping another fastbiter onto the ground...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Petrie continued to pick at a fastbiter so Littlefoot could whack it with his tail as it turned it's head to attack Petrie, only to have Petrie peck at it's head or face as it turned to start to attack Littlefoot.  Once one was knocked out or down they would wait till the next one got close enough to attack, Littlefoot remaining near Zaine so the fastbiters could not get close enough to hurt him.

Mim continued to jump and hit as well as kick fastbiters when she could as well as using her tail as a weapon when she could.  She usually kept her back or side to Zaine and managed to keep an eye on him most of the time, with a glance here and there.

Ducky continued to remain on Zaine and shout out warnings to the others if she saw any fastbiters coming or who looked a bit to close.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed as he said "Okay, this is taking just a bit too long...Everyone cover your ears...it's about to get loud!"
The young flyer then jumped forward, took a deep breath, and closed his eyes, and held it for a few moments. He then let loose his signature cry, and the ground began to quake in response, but even after he stopped the shaking continued.

Longtail was now starting to worry...the only thing that could make the ground shake this bad would be a really big sharptooth, or a real earthshake! "Awww...this won't end well!" longtail cried as he flapped his wings and took to the sky.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante braced himself, feeling the tremors beneath his feet.
"Longtail?  What'd you do now!"
He yelled, half-jokingly...

Virgil took the opportunity created to lunge at Kireek, intent on ending the fight in one swift blow...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix reached over and grabbed Mim, trying to help keep her on her feet as the ground conintued to shake.

Longtail who was still in the air looked down and noticed that two things were making the ground shake so badly.
"It's Compers parents! Alright!" cired Longtail as he looked up and saw the other reason...a smoking mountain in the distance had gone active and was shooting smoke into the air.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." commented Cyrix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim looks at Cyrix, "Thanks." She said smiling at him.  Hearing what Longtail said she looks over in the direction of the sound while doing her best to keep an eye on the fastbiters present.

"That should end this fight quickly, I hope." Littlefoot said.  Petrie didn't respond since he used the distraction to peck at a fastbiter near Littlefoot to add further distraction to it.  

"They will help us, they will they will." Ducky said clapping her hands happily and smiling.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned.
"Excellent!  Let's get this wrapped up, shall we?"

Virgil nodded.
"Understand now, Kireek? It is unity that makes the whole strong.  You still have yet to see that, don't you?"

Kireek hissed.
"Ressentiment!  Fall back!"

The other raptors stood, then raced off as swiftly as they had come...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After seeing kireek and his group run off Longtail turned and asked "Is Zaine okay? he's not hurt is he?"

Cyrix looked back and replied "No, Longtail...Zaine is okay for the moment. I think." Cyrix turned to Zaine and asked "Are you alright?"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Right on cue, Chomper's parents appeared and chased the raptors away from the group. Ozy gasped and started sprinting the other way. "You fools don't even realize that it's already over! You'll regret ever crossing me!" They yelled a mighty roar and turned back to the group. Chomper walked up to his mother, and she spoke to him.

"She says we're safe now, they won't come back anytime soon. Well that's a relief." He looked at the others. "Is everybody ok?"

Strut looked around and then grew worried. "We're missing somebody, and I'm afraid of who it is." He looked around again to see if he was mistaken, but to his dismay he wasn't wrong. "Zaine's gone!"

Chomper stared in horror. "Oh no. Ozzy must have gotten him when we weren't looking! We have to find him!"

Strut nodded and began to wander around. "Zaine? Zaine! Where are you?" Damnit Ozzy. If you hurt him I swear I'll make you regret it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Zaine had indeed been taken by one of the raptors who attacked from behind right after Longtail's scream. He tried to squirm out of the raptor's grip, but it was no use. He couldn't yell for help either as the raptor held his hand over Zaine's mouth. When they were away from the group, the raptor threw Zaine to the ground, right in front of Ozzy. He stood up and glared at the egg eater, but Ozzy simply laughed. "My my, you sure are a very annoying little pest aren't you?"

"First you kidnap my friends. Then you try to kill me. Do you honestly think kidnapping me will do you anything?"

"Oh it will, because you are going to help me find the stone."

"What makes you think I will help you? And don't try threatening me, because trying to kill me again will only hurt you even more. Without me, you won't know how to reach the stone." Ozzy stepped towards him and spoke with a cold, evil tone.

"Which of your friends should I kill first? Maybe I'll start with the little threehorn, Shera was her name? How about Littlefoot? He deserves to die after foiling my plan numerous times. Or what of that runt of a flyer, Longtail?"

Zaine froze in horror. "You.......you wouldn't"

"Yes I would, unless you do as I say."

"You monster..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika swore under his breath.
"The ocean swallow it all!  I can not believe that I let them take our friend!  Accursed..."

Virgil shook his head and spat on the ground.
"I was weak.  I let my personal agenda get ahead of myself..."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We should continue towards the stone, or at least a group should since that is where they'll be headed." Mim said.

"I wish we could rescue him but that may be best since Ozzy will be headed in to that.  and there are 2 of use who heard where the stone is." Littlefoot said looking over at Longtail.  

(ooc: I wonder what happened to Ducky who was on Zaine through out the entire battle.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail hadn't spoken since the worst had been realized. However his breathing had become deep and heavy...his right eye changed color again...and his scale color began to darken over to almost a deep, dark, midnight blue. And Longtail at that point let out a ear piercing and feral scream...far worse than the one he'd done earlier...this one...wasn't normal by any standards.

And that's when Cyrix finally noted aloud..."oh no....he's lost control..."
Cyrix then turned to the others and said "You all need to stay behind me...I just hope he nows what he's doing."

Just as Cyrix finished talking, Longtail turned around and looked directly at his uncle as he said with a dark and commanding voice:
"Uncle Cyrix....All of you have to go after the stone...Chompers folks will protect you."

Cyrix looked shocked at his nephew's coherence and asked "What about you?"

Longtail gave a menacing grin as he said "Hehe.....I'm going to find Zaine...and I'll bring him back...and Kill every sharptooth that gets in my way." Longtail then turned to Dante and said "I'm sorry...but I have to do this alone...Ozzy will be expecting us to split into groups to find the stone and find him as well...if I go alone...I have a better chance of tracking them without getting caught...I am half flyer after all!"

Longtail then spread his wings and gave a maniacal laugh as he took off following his sniffer to where the sent lead. 'Here I come you Eggstealer...I hope you're ready to lose your life!'