The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finally Together Again/Into the Mysterious Beyond

LBTFan13 · 330 · 23173

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: StarfallRaptor,Sep 26 2008 on  07:01 PM
Virgil nodded.  
"My brother is what is called a 'Visored'.  That mask is the embodiment of his supressed anger and other dark emotions.  When he puts it on, he is able to move faster, hit harder, and overall is better at fighting.  The reason he seals it in a mask is that it lets him keep his sanity when he wears it."

He trailed off...
Cyrix nodded in response understanding why Virgil hesitated with the rest of his story. He walked over and placed a claw on his shoulder while saying: "Don't worry Virgil...as long as Dante has Longtail and Zaine to help him...I know nothing bad will happen to them. You have my promise!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zal looks at Strut and Chomper, "I can tell you about the, but it seems your group are in a hurry to mosy on somewhere after where this here stone is." Zal said.

Littlefoot nods, "We need to get here as fast as we can to beat Ozzy an egg eater who wants to use it to rule the world." He said.

"That would be bad, it would, it would." Ducky said nodding her head and worry in her voice and on her face.  

"It to scary, for Petrie to even think." Petrie said with fear in his voice as he cringed at the thought of Ozzy ruling the world.

"Yes, we must do our utmost to stop Ozzy's plans." Mim said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked over at Zaine, then twirled the mask around his hand.
"This?  This is basically a mask that is everything I wish I wasn't.  The anger, the resentment, and the fear that I feel is kept in this thing.  It makes me stronger, but still...I hate using it..."  
He said, half-smiling...

Virgil nodded.
"You're right, Cyrix.  Nothing will come of worrying about it.  Let's just keep moving.
Motochika turned towards where the stone was, looking over the horizon.
"We can not allow Ozzy to obtain that stone.  Come, let us go."
He said, starting to walk off...

Kireek touched his forehead in a display of loyalty, then bowed to Ozzy.
"Thank you, my lord.  You are too kind..."
He said, quietly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded his head and began walking after Motochika and smiled as he said "Zaine and Dante and Longtail are bound to look after each other, but I can't help but worry...those three tend to get themselves into trouble even when they don't want to."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Strut dighed. "Well, hopefully those three manage to find their way. I really do worry about Zaine. My brother might try to kill him again, and if that's the case he may not stand much of a chance."

"Relax Strut," Chomper said. "Longtail and Dante have his back." He then walked over to his parents and spoke to them. 'Do you think you guys can sniff out Zaine's scent?' Chomper's mother raised her head into the air and sniffed a few times. She bowed her head.

'I can smell him, but it's very faint. I don't know where he is, but at least we know he is alive.'

'We should leave now,' Chomper father stepped in. 'If that coward plans another attack, we won't be ready for him.'

Chomper nodded and looked towards Cyrix. "Well I guess you or Mim are the leaders now that Zaine is missing. My mom and dad think we should leave, and I agree. But what do you think?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine sighed. "That's a lot like Longtail's Sharptooth side. I guess you two have been through so much that you share something like that. I wonder if I'll ever have a mark like that. Although, I probably never want a mark like that."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante nodded.  
"That you don't, Zaine.  This mask...every time I use it, I risk losing control...  That's what scares me.  It's like Longtail.  I just hope that...I don't do anything I regret...?"
He said glumly, staring at the ground...

Virgil and Motochika nodded.
"Right. We can't just sit here and do nothing.  We need to keep moving."
Virgil said, turning to head off.
"Indeed.  We shall make all due haste.  Let us depart."
Motochika agreed, positioning himself at the back of the group...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Maybe shared.  Each person has some strengths, skills and knowledge that others may lack." Mim said.

"I agree.  Best to use the strengths that each of us possess, & we are unprepared here for an attack should they return." Zal said, understanding sharptooth.  

"We can do it if we stick together and work together." Littlefoot said with determination on his face.

"Me hope so." Petrie said, scared of the whole idea and of where they  were.  

"I do hope Zaine, Longtail and Dante are ok and are together, I do, I do." Ducky said with concern in her voice & on her face.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled at the worry in Duckys voice and he gave a sigh as he thought 'At least I'm not the only one concerned for their safety.' He then nodded his head and replied "Yes, despite these setbacks we need to keep moving to the stone...with any luck Ozzy's constant attacks will slow him down enough that we can get to the stone."

~~~~~

Longtail chose that moment to finally come to from the landing. He groaned and sniffed the air a few times, and then he muttered, "W-what...happened...I remember...trying....to catch...Z-Zaine...and then...nothing."

He then sniffed the air again and gave a weak smile as he opened his eyes and said "Hi Dante...nice to see you."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Ducky, "They'll be fine as long as they stick together, just like we do." Littlefoot said while smiling, trying to ease Ducky's concerns.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at Longtail.
"Yeah.  Good to see you too, buddy.  The reason you don't remember is because you were unconscious.  You landed pretty hard, and you were out.  How're you feeling?"
He asked, concern apparent in his voice...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine noticed Longtail coming to and smiled. "Oh thank goodness Longtail. I was so worried about you. Well, Ozzy kidnapped me again, and he knocked me off the cliff. You caught up to me and grabbed me, but we were falling fast. You broke my fall, and that's where you blacked out. Dante managed to jump down here without getting hurt, so we're on our own for now." He looked down the path in front of them, and he spotted a small pond next to a group of trees. "We should rest over there. I don't think we're in the position to be walking at the moment, especially you Longtail. Any objections?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the group walked, Ozzy thought for a second. Maybe there is a chance they are still alive. If that's the case, then we need to get rid of them now. He looked over at Kireek. "Can you order a couple of your fastbiters to seek out Zaine? Make sure they are disabled for the time being. Once we get the stone, we'll go back and round them up. Meanwhile, send a couple more to spy on the rest of his friends. We need an idea of where they are."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chomper nodded. "Ok, let's get out of here. My parents will still protect us, but I think we should leave now while we have the chance." With that, the group continued on their way. Chomper's parents walked at the head of the group, and Strut followed right behind them.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled as he set his head back down and replied "Yeah, some water and more rest sounds good right about now." He then looked over to Dante and said, "So Dante...you were hoping to save the day again huh? The big sharptooth hero...you showoff!"

~~~~~~~

Cyrix fell into step behind Strut and then asked "What do you think Ozzy's next move will be Strut? You are his brother, so he may have said something that would give his next plan away. Is there anything you can think of?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante grinned at Longtail, his eyes lighting up.
"Who said I was trying to play the hero?  I just didn't wanna see you and Zaine getting hurt, that's all.  Not to mention that... Ah, nevermind.  It's good to see that you're alright.  Just get some rest for now, 'k?"
He said, smiling with relief that Longtail was absolutely okay...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Strut sighed. "Well that's the thing. Becoming allies with sharpteeth is a first for Ozzy. I knew he was desperate to get the stone, but I didn't think he would go that far. I'm not sure what he has planned, but he may try to slow us down again, so we should stay alert."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine smiled. He was very happy that Longtail was ok, and now that Dante was with him he felt safer. "I'm so lucky to have you two as friends. I don't know what I would have done without you guys." When they reached their resting spot, Zaine gently layed Longtail on the ground, but used a rock and some leaves to support his head. "If you need anything Longtail, we're right here for you." He then looked at Dante. "I'm just about ready to die of thirst. Wanna join me?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yes, Maybe the flyers can fly around to see what they can see to warn us, and some of the sharpteeth can try to see if they can give warning if they smell something.  Any other ideas you folks may have?" Mim asked looking around.

Littlefoot shoot his head. "Other then be sure to stay together and not to go alone." Littlefoot said.

"Yes, being alone is dangerous here, even if Ozzy and the others with him were not here, it is, it is." Ducky said.  

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled as Zaine set him down, and he said "Thanks." He then yawned as he said as well, "I'm still a little tired...if it's okay with you two, I'm going to try and catch a few more winks." Before either Zaine or Dante could respond Longtail was already fast asleep once more.

~~~~~~

Cyrix smiled and said to Littlefoot and Strut "I'm sure they will stick together. And Strut I can promise you that I will stay fully alert and keep my eyes open for any potential sharpteeth attack."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Strut nodded. "That would be very wise. Now lets get out of here."

Chomper ran to the front. "All righty guys! We're leaving! Let's go!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine smiled. "Sleep peacefully Longtail. You deserve it." He then looked at Dante and ushered him towards the pond. "Come on Dante. You have to be somewhat thirsty." The two walked over to the water, taking in the peace that they had for now. Zaine smiled again. "The water looks so clear. I hope it tastes as good as it looks." He lowered his head and licked up some of the water. "Oh man, this has gotta be some of the best water I've had in a while."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika nodded.
"Yes.  We should depart.  I can only hope that we will encounter the others soon..."

Virgil stood next to Cyrix, holding Dante's staff.
"Yeah.  Let's go."
He said, quietly...
"Y'know, sometimes he makes no sense.  When he left, he told me not to follow him, but now he's just fine with it.  Ah, whatever, right?"
He laughed...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "I guess he's just glad that we're all Finally Together Again. At least, I know I am." He drank some more water, and then looked around at the area. "It's pretty quiet here. I actually like it. It's the first peace I've liked ever since we got here." He then looked back at Dante. "Hey Dante, do you remember when we first met each other?"

((OOC: yes I am such a nerd for using the title again....))

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded, "Yes, let's go.  It is better then waiting around here." Mim said.

"Yes, we need to go to where the stone is." Littlefoot said.  

Ducky nods, "We do need to move on, we do, we do."

"If we move maybe they no find is easy." Petrie said.

"You can't get closer to your goal unless you do move on, so I concur." Zal said.