The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 100647

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily continued sleeping, blissfully unaware there were cops marching up to Axel's door.

--------------------------------------

Echo glanced unflinchingly back at the guard. "StarPuppy Cimarron," she answered, somehow saying such a ridiculous name without breaking character. A heavy trenchcoat covered her inner outfit, which she was not eager to show off, but I guess she has no choice.

(OOC: Serris, perhaps their hacking was insufficient and they can't get in because they screwed something up? This would force them to go to Marita and grab her for her hacking skills.)

(Also, I apologize to all of you for my tardiness, I'm currently in Ohio after losing my SanFran apartment and am trying to find a new place to live. So a bit of a tough time for me.)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian stared fixedly at the guard, eye glinting.
"Will you let us in now?  If she is late, then there will be trouble."
He said coolly...

((Oh dear.  If there's anything I can do to help, shoot me a PM, k?))

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Axel slid off the couch and pulled his sneakers on, hopping from foot to foot. He could hear furniture rumbling, doors opening and closing as the police searched the next door apartment. They were making a thorough job of it. Axel's heart pounded as he realized there was no way he'd be able to hide Lily from them.

Footsteps creaked in the hallway outside, heading straight for his door. "Oooohhh...." Axel's breath whistled as, wide eyed, he scurried silently to Lily's door.

"Hey! Hey, wake up!" He whispered desperately as he eased the door open.

(No need to apologize LBT, I'm sorry you're in such a difficult position - I hope things sort out for you soon. I know we don't know each other that well, but you can send me a PM too if I can help with anything.)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(No problems LB&T, life always has a way of catching us off guard. Hope you get everything straightened out.)

(OOC: Yeah, I'll go with that. Then we can get Nick back into the game.)

The cyborg whirred as it stood in front of the door and crossed its bulky arms. "Error. There is no 'StarPuppy Cimerron' performing here. You are in an unauthorized area, please exit and have a nice day."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry too hear that LBT. hope things get better for you soon.
 OOC how should marita gets grabbed? shes out for a walk, and then gets grabbed?)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: No, Echo's gonna come to her house. She has her ways.)

Echo glared at him. "Fine. It's not like a girl needs to eat or anything," she spat. "Come, Raiden."

But she didn't stop walking once they were out of earshot of the guard.

"We need a hacker. And I've got the dirt to convince one that lives nearby..." she muttered, grinning wickedly.

---------------------------

Lily took some serious convincing; she was plum tuckered out.

"Whu--? What's going...?" she asked sleepily, only a quarter awake.

Both were interrupted by a knocking on the door. BOOM BOOM BOOM

Her eyes flew completely open. "Who is that?" she whispered, horrified.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"It's either the police, or a huge cub scout..." Axel hurried across to the window and looked down. Aside from a few cops walking over to the adjacent buildings, the streets seemed deserted.

He gulped and turned back to the girl. "They must have found the guy who attacked you. Damn, I didn't think they'd be so quick!" Outside, the pounding on the door continued relentlessly. "There's no way I could hide you here...Okay, hurry and get dressed, we need to get out of here. I know a guy who'd take us in, I think."

"Mr Whent, it's the police! We know you're there, open up!" A deep voice thundered through into the apartment.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Raiden" chuckled a little, nodding his head.
"I was going to suggest that we just cut our way in, but your idea works better.  We'll go with it."
He said jokingly...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily staggered to her feet and stumbled into the kitchen to the washer. Her clothes hadn't been dried, but since it composed of a dress, hiking boots and socks she was able to put it on pretty easily anyway.

She returned to the bedroom on the second floor. She assumed Axel would rather stay with his house than come with her. "I'm not staying here when you open that door," she said. "They'll find me. I'll take my chances on the roofs." She hesitated, wondering if this was the last time they'd see each other. She could never really say thank you for what he'd done for her...

The pounding stopped, though that was more frightening than reassuring. What were the police about to do next?

-----------------------------

Lily marched up to Marita Jones' door and knocked loudly. "Police!" She announced. "Open up in the name of the law!"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Alright, go up to the roof but be careful!" Axel spoke into the silence. "There could be cops up there too. The guy I know lives..." A mechanical whirring from the corridor made him stop. Every second or so there was a thump and the ground trembled beneath their feet. He turned back to the girl. "What the hell is..."

CRASH! The door smashed inwards, showering the room with wooden splinters. On the other side, a huge Police-Bot stood hunched in the doorway, lowering it's ham sized fist. Two cops stood behind, cradling their automatic rifles. It scanned the room with it's glowing orange eyes, stopping when it reached Axel and Lily. "Fugitive sighted", the Bot intoned with a mechanical voice.

"Well, I'll be screwed..." One of the cops said. The other turned his head and shouted down the corridor. "We've found her! Apartment 426!"

The huge robot began to push his way through the doorway, an energy weapon building itself up in it's palm.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita opened the door . ' what can i do for you officer?' she asked in as kind and inoffensive a tone as she could muster.  she wasnt sure, why Lily was here, but perhaps someone had reported something missing on the floor and was having them search door to door.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily wasted no time. In a second she had grabbed the bedside lamp and sent it hurtling through the window. She then leapt through the shattered window herself and went running along the roof, not even knowing what direction to go.

---------------------

Emilena marched into Marita's room without another word and stripped off her outer clothes, revealing a metallic bra and panties with golden tassles.

"What's the matter, Marita Jones?" she asked, smiling sensuously but unable to completely hide her malice. "Like what you see? Want to take it to the bedroom? From what I heard, you make a good submissive..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita recoiled at Emilena. ' what in blazes are you doing? you barge into my apartment, only to pull a striptease?' she staid. she was not turned on by Emilena, while the fox had a nice form, the circumstances were not romantic in the slightest, and the great dane caught the underlying coldness in the look on her face. "what do you want? and who told you i was a submissive?" she demanded.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel heard glass smash and turned to see Lily disappearing through the window. "Hey, wait..." he began, then felt a rush of heat as the Police-Bot fired the energy weapon. The beam missed him and punched through the door frame, but was close enough to lift Axel off his feet and send him crashing against the wall.

He lay dazed for a moment. There was a loud hum as the weapon in the robot's arm charged up for a second shot. It lumbered closer; at this range it wouldn't miss. Groaning, Axel reached up and grabbed the window sill, pulling himself through and out. As he stumbled up the fire escape to the roof, he could hear the cops in his apartment. "They've escaped to the roofs! Follow them, and get a chopper out here now!"

When Axel reached the top, he started sprinting, looking desperately around him. There was no sign of the girl. "Hey! Where'd you go?!" he shouted. The only safe place I can think of is Soren's... how's she gonna get there if I don't show her?!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian stepped into the room behind Emilena, hand on his sword's hilt as he stepped up beside her.
"Should I simply tell you, or should I call up the video file?"
He said calmly.
"I apologize for the intrusion, however, my associate said we had need of you, and your skills seem useful."
He added...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"A former lover of yours lost her assets when arrested by the police," Emilena chimed in. Pushing a button on her wrist, a projector hidden in her fishnet arm sleeves displayed a silent homemade video of Marita intimately involved with another female Great Dame.

"She didn't even pick this back up once she'd served her time," Emilena taunted. Of course, this was because the police never bother to tell prisoners that this was a possibility, but Marita didn't need to know the details. "She probably went right back to abusing...this."

Emilena held out a tiny bag of powdery yellow crystals. "Biproxytol. One of the most dangerous, scarce, and illegal drugs on the planet. Have you heard of it?" Her eyes sparkled knowingly. "Would you like to hold it?"

------------------------------------------

Lily saw the edge of the roof approaching quickly, and without hesitation vaulted the gap. One thing she had quickly learned about herself was her youthful athleticism.

Unfortunately her landing was not great went tumbling on the other side. Unable to regain control, she went thudding into the opposite balcony, startling a couple who had dozed off in each other's arms.

The male's cursing echoed behind her as she staggered to her feet and began limping away at a reduced speed.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian stood silently next to Emilena, however his gaze kept drifting to her, a small blush coloring his cheeks...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Its extremely addicting, few are lucky enough to break free of its grip' Marita said, gazing at the bag. ' so i'm guessing you know where she is, and if i help you with- well whatever it is you're trying to do- you'll let me see her. Am I in the ball park ' Marita said ' Her name is Rose, in case you are wondering.." she added.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Axel heard a shout somewhere to his left, and he changed direction, shoes skidding on the rough surface. He soon reached a gap between the two rooftops, and as he approached he slowed down instinctively; heights weren't his strong point.

"They're jumping the roof to complex 3S!" Someone cried out behind him. Axel glanced over his shoulder and saw the cops were catching up, though their heavy body armor slowed them down. He picked up speed and leaped over the gap, stumbling when he landed on the other side but managing to keep his footing.

In front of him, a man was leaning on his balcony, a woman by his side. "Hey, did you see..." Axel started.

"Woman on the roof?! She went right. Bitch is crazy, you gotta put a leash on her!" The man said, gesticulating wildly. His companion nodded gravely.

Axel turned and started in that direction, catching a glimpse of a grey dress disappearing around one of the ventilation units. "Wait up!" he called out. The distant rumble of an approaching helicopter was getting louder. We need to find cover, now...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You're smart," Emilena smiled. "We need someone smart. And yes, you can see Rose again, but only if you get us into The Electric Sheep. Your druggie friend is a....performer there. Let's go with that. And if you're a really good girl, we might let you have some biproxytol. It's been...what, ten years for you? Surely you miss the thrill."

The taunting certainly wasn't necessary, but this Great Dane had been involved in Emilena's humiliation at Soren's house, so she didn't feel like pulling any punches.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lily was panting by the time she reached the edge of the roof. Below her she saw the apartment complex's illuminated pool.

Well, she was already wet...

Jumping feet-first over the side, she became incredibly startled when she hit a glass roof within ten feet and went sprawling. When she tried to get up, her leg seared in protest and didn't respond; it had been dislocated.

"No, no no no...." she muttered, tears stinging her eyes from the pain. She tried to get to her feet, but she'd cut her arm on Axel's window and her hand slipped in her own blood.