The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Manny Cav's Photoshop thread.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm currently trying out Photoshop CS3 Extended V10.0. It's a whole different world from MS Paint, that's for sure. Now, I need to know something about this massive program: Is there a way to make animated GIFs with the program? Because I hear some say you can, others say you can't, but either way, the Help program isn't being very helpful.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I am pretty good at photoshop, but I never use it to make gifs.  I use easy gif animator.  It's so easy :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
While Photoshop cannot make animations on its own, it's sister program, Imageready, is fully capable of producing animated GIFs.  As far as I know, Adobe includes ImageReady in its suite.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Beneton Movie GIF can make gifs, but you need to have the frames already set and in GIF format (won't work with jpegs).  And its free and does what I want.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have another image related question.

There's an image I want to rotate to "x" degree. However, I do not mean like traditional clockwise/counterclockwise rotation. I mean literally rotating the contents of an image to, instead of facing towards you, facing towards another angle. Is there a way I can do this?

And in the case that anyone asks about the GIF thing, I settled on a program called Spider for the specific purpose I had in mind. If you've never heard of it, then you're not missing out on anything particularly special. It was designed with a specific kind of GIF creation in mind that's quite complicated.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I think my post was eaten, but I had said that I believe Microsoft Digital Image Pro can do what you want.  Costs a pretty penny to get, but I'm guessing you don't want the typical four point rotation (in 90 degree steps).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Correct. I require 45? rotation. I can do "traditional" rotation in any direction I want, but I do not seek "traditional" rotation" (if you get my drift).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Show me the picture and I can get you a 45 degree rotation.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That being the case, I'm going to come out and say that there about a dozen pictures that I need to flip both 45? and 315? degrees, and mabey 90? and 270?, as well (though those two directions would probably wind up with a very slim profile images :lol: ).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Ok then send me one and we'll see if I can even do what you want.  This is no bother at all.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
The images must be corrupted or something because they don't open properly...I get some weird dimensions 13789x110 like that.  Unfortunately, that's the only image editing program I have too. :( :(  I really don't get what's up...Windows Picture and Fax Viewer can show them fine.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Well, I have the new edition of Adobe Photoshop CS3, too. and if you ask me, I could need very much help. I don¥t want to steal Many Cav his thread, but could anyone explain me something over this program? I asked that several times before, but no one answered at my questions.

For an excample: How can I do backgrounds like hills or trees in Littlefoots Avatar for excample. Or how could I do better shadows like shiny skin or something like that, hope everyone know what I mean. If anyone want to take a look, I did one with shadows in the thread Lbt art by Nimrod, but it doesn¥t look quite right. So if anyone has an answer, please say me :(

How I said before, I am sorry that I stealed Many Cavs threak with this post. If you want I can do also an own thread about this. But I am so confused  :(

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Sep 19 2007 on  02:40 PM
The images must be corrupted or something because they don't open properly...I get some weird dimensions 13789x110 like that.  Unfortunately, that's the only image editing program I have too. :( :(  I really don't get what's up...Windows Picture and Fax Viewer can show them fine.
I personally downloaded the images myself, and the images work normally for me. I don't get it. I'll try to see if there's an anomaly in the images. All of the images dimensions are 175 x 110. The 110 pixel width is correct, but what's with the quadruple digit number for the height? :blink:

EDIT: I reuploaded the archive. Try it now.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
No. I was actually shooting for something like this:

This is a lame attempt of me trying to do this in Paint.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
For an excample: How can I do backgrounds like hills or trees in Littlefoots Avatar for excample. Or how could I do better shadows like shiny skin or something like that, hope everyone know what I mean. If anyone want to take a look, I did one with shadows in the thread Lbt art by Nimrod, but it doesn¥t look quite right. So if anyone has an answer, please say me

Something like this?  You're not making much sense.

Perhaps this? :unsure:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No^^. I nearlier meant backgrounds drawings. Just take a look at Littlefoots avatar, than you know what I mean :^.^:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Sep 19 2007 on  09:47 PM
No. I was actually shooting for something like this:

This is a lame attempt of me trying to do this in Paint.
I'm not familiar with that.  Sorry.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's the type of rotation I was talking about. Is this doable in Photoshop?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Of cause you can do it. I explain you.

first you draw it with pencil, that it looks like this:

Than I drew it with a fineliner:

that is a fineliner. And now it looks so:

But you also can draw it at your computer^^

Well, than I scanned it at my computer, you also can do a photo and save the photo at your computer.

After this, I coloured it.
Than I did the shadows. I¥ll show you now.

So, how you can see now, there are darker and lighter shadows. The darker shadows I did with the burn tool and the lighter shadows with the light tool, don¥t know if the second name is correct^^.

To chose the size of the burn tool and the light tool, you do this:

I prefer only these one in the red box, cause the others are to hard. But it¥s your decide.
When you chose the option burn- or light tool, just do a rightclick at your mouse and this window appears.

Well, I think that was all you have to know, good luck.
Hope I could help :rolleyes: