The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The webbrowsers

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Any future release date for IE9, Austin?
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Any future release date for IE9, Austin?

Oh no no.  IE8 was just released from Beta not too long ago.  I'm guessing they'll release IE9 with Windows 7.  The release date for Windows 7 is going to be after June 1st 2010 because that's when Windows 7 RC expires.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I tried to install IE 8 and there is somethine wrong/missing/unpatched/who knows? with my laptop and it would not install.  So I guess IE 6 will remain.

Looked at the poll and I think this was posted when Chrome was still new and a hot topic...wonder if those who voted Chrome are still Chrome users.  Most have figured out it wasn't worth the hype it received.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The only one I use is Firefox due, at least in part, to it's add-ons like not seeing any adds.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've never used netscape or opera (although trying opera has been on my to do list) so I can't give my opinion on that.  I have used IE, Firefox, and Chrome on my own computers and have tried Safari (not on any of my computers, i have enough issues running itunes).  First off, Safari is the WORST browser ever created.  I hate it, and using it is like torture.  Back in the IE 6 days thats all I used, but I've been having problems with IE 7 and IE 8.  Firefox is a great browser and has seen alot of use by me, but its missing a few features that I really enjoy on Chrome.  Right now I use combination of IE 8, Firefox and Chrome, depending on what I need to use.  I used to use Firefox the most but I've recently been using Chrome more and more (I'm posting this with Chrome).

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Aye, Safari's a pain in a random bodypart.

Right now I use combination of IE 8, Firefox and Chrome
Top that Raga. So am I.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't have the luxury of using just 1 web browser.  As a web designer/developer, I have to use them ALL.  Netscape stopped being updated a long time ago.  God I miss that browser.  The last good version was like 8.5 or something.  After that they just got terrible and then stopped making new versions.  But man what I wouldn't do to have Netscape 8.5 again.  In fact, I think I'm gonna go download it right now and see how it handles pages. :D I might actually use it if it still works, but I don't think it displays pages right anymore.

EDIT:
Well I downloaded it (it was actually version 8.1) and I must say damn!  It's still quite the browser. :yes I used to think it was the best looking browser on the planet, but it doesn't look as nice as I remember it now. :p It displayed pages perfectly, the only bad side effect was that it doesn't work with the newest version of Flash Player so no flash animations worked on my computer.  Other than that though, it's great!  Just download an older version of flash and you'll be doing fine.  I can't believe they stopped development on such a wonderful browser with such a long history. :(  :cry

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
In the computer world, it is adapt or be left to rot and die. ;)  Its not a guaranteed business...ask the people over at Myspace what went wrong.