The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 290703

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Eric grabbed a prepared plate of food from the Mawashiian chef's stand. After flunk ing out of the Engineering department, Eric had been reassigned to waiter duty, and took to his new job as cheerfully as he did everything else.

"Here's your food, madams!" he announced cheerfully, setting the plate down.

"Excuse me? We're hermaphrodites!" gurgled the anthropomorphic jellyfishes.

"Terribly sorry!" Eric smiled as the jellyfish tried to pick up their chopsticks with tentacles and failed repeatedly.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hi Eric!' Li'ella said as she entered the area to order some breakfast ' any food you care to recommend?' The klioness was hungry, and was wiling to eat whatever her human friend proposed.
_
 i'll contact Cynder ' Spyro said  before speaking into his ring "Cynder? Karis has picked us, and Agumon  to gowith her to Apollo Ascent. where should we meet you?" the ring turned black. ' at the northern gate of the city. its closest to where i currently am. This part of the city took the worst of it, some of the buildings have completely collapsed. i'll meet you there"
-
 sorry girls '; warfang said as she turned to skylands  and tigeress. ' i've been picked to check out the apollo ascent. ' you're not ditching us , that easily" tigeress said with a smirk 'we;re coming along.''  what kind of girlfriends would we be, if we didnt help you?' skylands added. Lead the way' Tigress mtioned to the exit of the building the were in.
_
 Agjuumon contacted Agumina " i'm headed to Apollo Ascent, to check that place out. Spyro and cynder are coming with, along with  Ms swimmer" just be careful boss mon' Agumina smirked ' i dont want your fan club to be heartbroken.  and biyomon would have my hide if i let you get hurt." "I know the risks Agumina" agumon said " You help Dixie and Gabuna. and we'll meet up soon ' Agumon out.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"We'll have to get to Apollo Ascent through the Endless Wall. The only entrance to the top of the wall is the tower northwest of Tonfon.

Ms. Swimmer inspected her fighting sticks as well as her magic staff. This staff was different from the one that Stripetail had loaned her. With Mr. Bigmouth's help and that of the scientists aboard Spire of Winter, she had managed to make her own customized magic staff from a Great Valley plant that Mr. Bigmouth grew in the ship's greenhouse.

"Everyone ready?" Tyrell asked. Another earthquake shook the ground. The sound of something collapsing was heard in the distance. "Great, let's hurry up before the Endless Wall collapses and we can't even get there!"

----------------------

(Kaochao)

Sveta let out a low growl as she was removed from the palace. "Your kind are not permitted in the palace!"

She sniffed the air and was overwhelmed with the smell of fear. She watched several of the Kaochoans go about their daily activities but they were clearly reluctant to do so.

The Morgalian queen could only hope that Amiti was having better luck than she was.

----------------------

"King Wo!" Amiti said. He had actually knelt down in front of King Wo to show how desperate the situation was. "Weyard is in grave danger! Already, earthquakes have ravaged Tonfon and Belinsk! From one royal to another, I beseech you to allow us to help your people."

King Wo's stony face twitched slightly but the scowl remained. "Prince Amiti," he began, his words slow and icy. "I am aware of the treachery that your little group pulled on be earlier. You had promised to fetch me the Sol Mask from within the Ouroboros but you had given it to my enemy instead."

He stood up and glared down at the Mercury Adept and Prince of Ayuthay as if he were something unpleasant he had found on his shoe. "You may have fooled me once, but I see through your plot to usurp my kingdom."

Amiti remained stoic. "Your Highness," he said, bowing deeper. He had to admit that acting like a commoner instead of an equal to another royal was highly unusual but he had promised the Beastmen from beyond Weyard that he would help them evacuate Kaochao and he didn't want to let them down. The prince continued. "Military action is the least of our concerns now. We must act together as Weyardians to save Weyard itself from destruction. And think of it this way, what will you rule over if Kaochao has been destroyed."

King Wo turned his back on Amiti. He snapped his fingers. "Guards! Remove this Ayuthayan garbage from my presence!" He then turned and glared at Amiti. "Consider yourself lucky, 'Prince' that I was was willing to grant you an audience and did not have you executed."

Amiti rose to his feet. His face was set in a stoic expression. He turned around to see the guards approaching him. "No need," he said coldly. "I was on my way out."

He exited through the ornate doors that led to King Wo's throne room.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agumon digivolved to wargreymon and took flight. from the air it was clear how much damage tonfon had suffered. while stripetail's shield still lay over the town, its magic  was designed to protect from threats from above, not below." the shield isnt working to stop the earthquakes ' he spoke into his ring ' Nor was it meant to. earthquakes are natural. the shield was meant to protect the world from Mertavius' outside attacks, not interfere with natural processes like volcanoes  hurricanes or earthquakes' stripetail replied. ' You will simply have to do the best that you can to get anyone left in there out, and limit the damage. the earthquakes will get stronger and stronger as vaalbara approaches." much of the city has been leveled already.' wargreymon said 'as is happening elsewhere unfortunately. the time needed to rebuild will be a lengthy one. ' your powers are greater here than they would be elsewhere. use them.'stripetail said. i will , but i'm headed to apollo ascent with spyro and cynder ' be careful, Lord agumon. i know you have been through many dangers, but you still need to be prepared for anything. that is the nature of wisdom.' Stripetail said
-
 _ tiger froze the side of a builfding to prevent debris falling in on them, as he walked up and down the street. filling in cracks with ice. stitch was picking up debris and putting it aside piles, so that, they could be patched, by scooby, using his ring.

- dixie and gabuna pulled a couple elderly tonfonese out of the rubble.' we got you' gabuna said calmly, to the bloodied couple.'come with us. we'll have a treatment area set up down here. ' th-thank you' the man wheezed as dixie helped him walk down the stepps that remained. gabuna created steps of ice to replace those that were missing.
-
 the tower that marked the enterance to the top of the Endles wall, towered over the surrounding area. it was still intact although whether that would still be the case a few days from now was an open question.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer entered the tower that led to the top of the Endless Wall. As it was, the door had been forced open, revealing the interior of the tower. The interior of the tower had littered with rubble and the entrance to the top of the Endless Wall appeared to be several floors up.

To make matters worse, the stairway leading up to the entrance was mostly destroyed and only went to the first floor. A burnt out fireplace was in the middle of the entrance way.

"Okay, so now how do we get to the top?" Ms. Swimmer asked.

"We used the Thermal psynergy to make a column of hot air to ride to the top," Tyrell said.  "But only Eoleo knows that."

Karis pointed at the cold fireplace. "That only works if there's a fire present."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well' i can create stairs of ice' spyro said as he climbed the remaining stairs  and looked at the remains of a winding staircase that had once stood there. ' the ice will remain long enough for us to climb up to the top, although, i can only create a few steps at a time.
_
 we could fly up to the top' Warfang said. 'as tigeress looked around' i dont think carrying folks as you fly is an option, the opening up there is very narrow, I dont think you could get though while carrying someone. I'll help spyro start building the ice stairs. Come on Spyro, first one to top, gets ice cream"the purple wolfess grinned.
_
 you're on!  make mine chocolate chip' Old spyro grinned, as he spat out a trio of blue shards which stuck to the wall and became platforms. tigeress created 3 purple platforms above that, and the pair spent the time, creating stairs and cracking jokes at each other.
_ skylands and Warfang looked at the fireplace' we could start a fire in the place, just to provide some light and heat. its getting dark too. we'll ned to have the fire going, so we can see enough to actually climb the stairs." skylands said ' do you think my lightning spells would work?
-
 if not, my pepper breath could do it' Wargreymon said, looking around, before  looking more closely at the fire.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer looked at the platforms. She gingerly placed her foot on it and to her surprise, the icy stairs managed to support her weight. Her magical staff also enhanced her traction so she didn't slide about.

"Well, that's a new one," Karis said as she followed Ms. Swimmer.

"As long as we can get to the top, I don't really care what psynergy they used."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
skylands shot a bolt of electricity into the fireplace, but unfortunately, noting happened. ' ok, lightning doesnt work' she frowned as  warfang blew into the fireplace with her wind powers ,  scattering some  charred debris into fine ash. ' ok, so we cant start a fire just yet ' cynder said ' we'll need something  to burn.. like wood, for instance." anybody have any wood on them?"
-
 i don;t tigeress ' said as she created more steps. she and Spyro hd reached what appeared to be the second floor, there wre at least 3 more more floors above them. ' nothing up here to use  it looks like ' Tigeress said ' turning on her armor ' night glow' powers so she could see ' just a bunch of debris, parts of a staircase it looks like."
_
 need to keep going ' spyro said walking up and down the steps and creating a pairs of ice rails for the others to hang to as they climbed
_
 its getting dark ' skylands said ' and thees no wood for fire that i can see. "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tyrell continued climbing along with the rest of the group. "Say," he said. "Since members of your party seem so skilled with technology, could they be descendants of the Exathi?"

Karis shook her head. "Tyrell, these Beastmen are not even of Weyard. How could they possibly be related to the Exathi?"

Tyrell blushed as he continued ascending the steps.

Ms. Swimmer carefully peered over the edge and watched as the others tried to light a fire. "Wait, I have some light!" She took her gem locket and carefully pulled the pendant free of the silver casing, clipping the case to the back of the pendant. Almost immediately, a brilliant white light shone from the gem, illuminating the way ahead.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
nice work! ' spyro said as he came forward. the light from Swimmer's gem filled the room, allowing all to see. ' better climb behind us and hold that gem out so we can see' tigeress said.' well, we were not getting any luck with the fireplace. we'd need wood for that.'
 spyro and tigress made steps to the third and fourth floors, and like the second, pretty much all thee was on those floors was debris from the former stairs. fortunately the light from swimmers gem ws powerful enough them to see clearly. the light made the ice steps sparkle and easy to see. ' just one more floor to go ' spyro sad as they stopped for a few minutes on the fourth floor.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I would recommend the kale house salad!" Eric said loudly. "Very good balance of carbohydrates to ruffage! I would especially recommend to men or women who care about lowering cholesterol, because it literally lowers your cholesterol just eating it!"

"Excuse me!" gurgled a jellyfish angrily. "I'm not a man or a woman!"

"Well, I mean, technically you're both," Eric shrugged, and the jellyfish were so outraged that they stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Stop the volcanoes from doing to much damage?  That sounds important." Spike said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i dont think you should have said that  eric ' eris said as she took the table the jellyfish had vacated ' i'll tip you to make up for the lost business. could i have a menu please? li'ella and i are having a girl's lunch, and  laval just wants a sirlion steak.' eris added. " she should be here in a few minutes."
-
 Samia and korin helped get the injured out of Tonfon.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With her armor powered up, Kiara was creating waves of water to extinguish flames to help the locals escape. "I'm clearing a path," she called, a town center now being able to be passed through.

"Thank you," a young couple nodded to Kiara as they ran in the direction the planet's residents were encouraged to run.

"Ok kids, Tiger and I are helping to watch you," Kitty said to Oliver, Ollie, Flash, and Mona, "Don't get too crazy on us."

"We won't," Oliver assured, nodding his kitten head.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They soon arrived at the top floor of the the tower. The door was missing and it opened up to the top of the Endless Wall.

Ms. Swimmer panned her light gem over the area. A smaller wall rose up from the floor with numerous parapets that soldiers could fire from. Crumbling sections of the structure indicated that it had been exposed to the elements for quite some time.

In the sky above, Vaalbara shone brighter than any of the stars.

"Shall we set up camp?" Ms. Swimmer said. She panned the light gem around but saw no enemies.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm thinking inside would be better than out' Skylands said shivering as she got a cold blast of mountain wind smack in her face, unlike Old spyro or warfang, she didnt have armor to keep her warm.
_
 we could  create   som,e shelter with our rings ' Agumon said , hacving returned to his rookie form. swimmer's light was bright enough for everyone to see,  all told they were now at least 120 feet up from the bottom of the tower, and likely more. this top area was narrow, an aerea where the stairs had once curved in, was now just an empty hole., ruined penants flapped from the parapets, swmbols of a once-great kingdom.
-
  better get our supplies out. and pick someone to gttake first watch ' Warfang said
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Weyard)

"Inside it is," Karis said as she shivered slightly from the cold wind.

"You're not cold?" Ms. Swimmer said as she looked at Tyrell.

Tyrell waved her off. "I'm a Mars Adept, I don't get cold." He yawned. "Anyways, who's taking first watch?"

"I'll do it," Ms. Swimmer said.

--------------------

(Spire of Winter)

"Yep," the miner said. "Come on, you're on the next shuttle to the planet with the miners. Apparently, we have to demolish some buildings in Tonfon so they won't collapse while the workers work to divert lava."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tarrax landed in the middle of town, causing the wooden and bamboos structures to sway dangerously from the massive dragons steps. ' we'll need to knock most of these buildings, they are too damaged to leave standing ' he said, going over to a nearby building and picking it up off the ground with little effort, it was like a kid picking up a dollhouse.
_ Endless Wall
_
 we'll  watch in 1 hour shifts ' Skylands said, as she headedin, and looked  around for a warm corner
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Spire of Winter)

The shuttlecraft containing the miners along with Spike were ready to depart. The miners all had on their exoskeletons and were seated.

"We'll be departing getting ready to head out soon, just got to get the equipment ready." The miner lowered his visor.

--------------------

(Tonfon, Weyard)

A shuttlecraft landed in the middle of Tonfon and a group of exoskeleton clad miners exited and began setting up a base camp.

"Tarrax, we got word from Captain Carson that there might be lava flows. We're here to establish a lava break," the miner said.

--------------------

(Endless Wall, Weyard)

The air was cool and crisp up at the elevations they were at. Even at night, the Apollo Sanctum's light shone brightly like a beacon.

Ms. Swimmer gazed out over Tonfon. Most of the structures present were badly damaged. She felt a small tremor.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
check around the perimeter for any active flows. my nmaster's shield was not meant to protect from lava flows' tarrax said " although, in a pinch , it could be used to help  divert them' tarrax closed his eyes, and l;ets forth a mist from his nostrils and muttering under his breath in dragon language. the shield began to change color, and glowed brighter. in the distance a volcano belched out fire and ash, visible from the city. ' well theres  the first volcano, we'll need to dovert' Tarrax said.
_
 so far is it to  the ascent from here? tigeress asked as she took a seat in the middle of the room. '  we only have' she looked up at the coundown in the sky ' 4 days to get that lens pointed to  Vaalbara.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: