The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Trivia Game

Petrie · 774 · 106477

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Truth be told, the nature of trivia is knowledge, not reasoning.  This topic should be dedicated to trivia questions based around The Land Before Time, as Malte's questions have been, and such questions will tend to be knowledge-based.

could ask whether you don't get the feeling that some of us don't want to / can't answer questions about particular computer games which some of us simply don't have and are therefore not able to answer.
Assuming that video games Were allowed in this topic (of course, they won't be, as it's an LBT Trivia game), I must believe that they would be valid questions.  As I stated above, trivia is based upon knowledge.  

If the question is Intentionally geared towards a certain person to answer, I believe that it is an unfair.  

If the question is referring to a topic that some people may know and others may not, that is acceptable.  HOw are we to know everything about what everyone else knows? If everyone did know, what would be the fun of a trivia game?

Trivia is a test of what a person knows about the topics covered.

Anyways, back to LBT:

When it comes to LBT trivia, I say anything goes around here (so long as it is related to LBT, of course).  Malte's questions have all been completely legitimate, though rather deep to discover the answers for without previous knowledge.  Regarding video games, those who don't own a certain game could always download the demo of it, research articles on it, etc. to find an answer.  It is never impossible, but it's all a question of how much work the players will put into locating such information.  I think this last question just caught many of the players, as few people wanted to try to locate this amount of information.  Good question though, Malte.  It challenges everyone's knowledge of real dinosaur history.

I must admit, that I don't have an answer to your question either.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Many of us do so well in the dinosaur trivia quiz that really this question should be a piece of cake for them:
Please give examples of dinosaurs apearing in the land before time whose fossils have been found on various continents. Name the continent, the species and the LBT appearance. I want you to name species from at least four continents (North and South America each count as one). Special praise for the one who can name five continents and their LBT species.

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
South America, Saltasaurus, Various, including LBT 10
North America, Tyrannosaurus, movies 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10
Europe, Iguanodon, Various, including LBT 4
Asia, Tuojiangosaurus, LBT 7
Africa, Ouranosaurus, LBT 7

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good examples! Thank you Tinysaurus! It's your turn :yes
Where exactly did you see the Tuojiangosaurus (I'm sure it is there, but I don't recal where and when exacty)?

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
(It's one of the farwalkers.)
What species of marine reptile is Mo?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Mo is an Ictiasauridae (not sure on the spelling) probably an ophtalmosaurus
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yes, he is an Opthalmosaurus. Your turn, Neworder.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
There is a reptile from the early triasic that appears in a lbt movie for brief seconds, which species is it, in which lbt movie does it appear, and in which part? This one's probably a bit hard, if you can't think of anything I'll narrow down the clues (=

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There is a Dimetrodon in the original movie, shortly before Littlefoot, Ducky, and Petrie meet Cera.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yup, indeed dimetrodon is from the permian, try again =P

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Plateosaurus, during the introduction of LBT 2.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Nope. I said reptile, not dinosaur! You're getting close. Hint: It's in one of the first movies (from 1 to 6)

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, dinosaurs were reptiles, yet they were different from modern day reptiles and lizards in many ways. Apart from the obvious difference in size it is also assumed (though not proven) that most dinosaurs, unlike modern day reptiles, weren't cold-blooded, depending on the sun to warm up their blood. There are still many debates on that question (after all some dinosaurs had "sails" or "plates" on their backs which probably served the purpose of warming their blood in a shorter amount of time. Yet given the size of most dinosaurs they couldn't possibly lie in the sun all the time (and it would take a lot of time for the sun to warm up the huge amounts of blood circulating in a sauropod) waiting for enough energy to move and eat). The main difference between lizards and dinosaurs (whose name actually means terrible lizard) is the position of their legs. Dinosaur legs usually went straight down from the body while lizards legs are bend in a kind of squated position.
There are many lizards throughout LBT, in particular throughout the beginning scenes of the movies. Yet I admit that I know too little about the lizards to identify their species with certainty.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I don't agree with people calling dinosaurs reptiles, they evolved from them yes, too become a different taxon, mammals have also evolved from reptiles and yet we don't call them reptiles... Birds are the closest thing to dinosaurs that we have nowadays, there are many theories about birds evolving from dinosaurs and about dinosaurs having feathers to help them control their body temperature or just for adornment purposes. Malte, it's a quite famous triasic lizard, if you think a bit harder you'll find it. If  noone can think of anything I'll give a couple more hints.

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't think any one has a clue what it is.

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I've got it! In LBT 2, there's a Nothosaur from the Mid Triassic slithering in the water, just as the gang falls into the Mysterious Beyond.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Nope.. It's quite simple if you think it straight... I'll give another hint:
It's on a lbt from 3 to 6

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well it's a Triassic reptile... Oh, well.