The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ideas for an LBT game

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Of course I'm not announcing that I'm working on one. I haven't touched flash 8 in years, and I have limited animation experience. I've yet to master tweening, and I would love to have my hand at fbf, although that would mean a lot of work. Someday I'll take up coding/programming, but that's a long ways away. I'm just giving out ideas for what I'd do with an lbt game if I could (or will!) make one.

:

The game would be flash animated cinematic platformer much in the same vein as the game Another World. This means the game will be heavily story focused, with gameplay to tie into the storytelling. There will be no hud to speak of, unless for inventory items. (Will probably not be in the game) Death will follow for failure, so there is no need for health.

The game would have a darker mood than the first movie. I haven't thought to much for the plot, but it will/may start with Cera upsetting Littlefoot about his mother. Littlefoot and cera would be the main playable characters in the game, but ducky, spike and petrie will help the player at some parts in the game. The plot will take place after lbt1, as if the sequels never happened. (Until stated otherwise)

The game will start in the great valley, then branch off into the "mysterous beyond" for the majority. Littlefoot will be on his own through the first half.

Gamey/story things that I would throw in:

The game would start with a tutorial like part in the great valley that would get the player accustomed to crouching, running, and jumping.

The trademark of crossing large chasms on obstacles will be featured in the game. In fact, there would be an isometric view shot of littlefoot crossing a log.

The player would have to make littlefoot crouch behind a small rock to elude a sharptooth.

During any point of the adventure, littlefoot will rest/be knocked unconscious/pass out from exhaustion. He will have a nightmare that will end with the line "Now we'll always be together" and he will immediately wake up, and the gameplay will continue. This will assure the player that no end will meet littlefoot and his friends in the long run. If the player picks this up as forshadowing, then the actual ending will support no such thing.

Littlefoot will most definitely find ground zero again. (Where his mother passed) This would be really hard to have since the zone was mostly rubble, but I think it would be cool for the player to experience. A cutscene would play that would link us to the event again

After that, the player would come to a screen where there is a large shadow on the other side. It will grow smaller as littlefoot walks towards it. This is a throwback to the shadow scene in the first film.

Littlefoot will be injured by an velociraptor, then saved by Cera. After this point, cera will carry littlefoot off to a safe place, then venture out to find "medical herbs." (Shut up.) This is where the player takes control of Cera.

Cera will allow the player to attack specific things, and quite possibly enemies. What enemies I am unsure of.

This is how far I am in thinking things up. I would love for it to capture the mushy side of the first and adventurous side of it's sequels. No songs would be sung though.

Some things I'm undecided about:

Violent deaths VS Suggestive deaths. Both have their pros and cons.

Music. I would like to have a small 20 second long guitar tune for when littlefoot leaves the valley and a piano piece for when he finds his mother's death sight. I have a friend who can play guitar, and I'm experienced with pianos so I think something could work out.

Art. I can create things, but keeping to the artstyle of the original would be extremely difficult. Perspective also kills me. I know nothing about the anatomy for some of the dinosaurs. (If they were rabbits, then I wouldn't have any trouble at all  :D )

The inclusion of Petrie, ducky, and spike. Not sure how they'll fit into the story, but I'll try and find some ways.

Voice acting...

The conflict/reason that makes littlefoot leave the great valley.

... and that is all. Any comments are welcome  :)

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
Pretty good idea although I've never heard of "Another World".
I have plans for a kart racing style lbt game but I cant seem to find them :confused

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pretty good idea although I've never heard of "Another World".
I have plans for a kart racing style lbt game but I cant seem to find them :confused
XD

Now I think that's something I would play.

Another world:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgkf6wooDmw

Note: I'm gonna practice drawing lbt characters and scenery here very soon

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
If this was actually made, I would play it for sure, as long as it dosen't have to be downloaded, just played on site like this game (or in its case, alpha of a game).