The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Do you think Ducky is the cutest character in the Land Before Time franchise?

Definitely! Was my favorite as a kid, and still my favorite as an adult :D Chomper's pretty cute too though, especially as a baby, but Ducky still takes first place

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Have you watched TV show Moment of Truth, where people answer questions while being connected on lie detector? Did you like it?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Worst Land Before Time character?

Oh man that’s a tough one. As a kid I’d say Petrie, as I’m super sick of his scaredy-cat act and his constantly forgetting he can fly, and having to overcome his fear of flying every episode, and his creepily fervent sun-worshipping in that one episode. As an adult, I’d probably still say Petrie, but I have to give a shoutout to…uh…

Crap. I was sure if I racked my brain I could think of a side/guest character who I liked less than Petrie. Maybe Loofah/Doofah, Rhett, Dinah/Danah, Tippy’s mom, etc. But all of them filled roles in their plot and added narrative stakes and fleshed out the world more, I just can’t do it. Still gotta say Petrie.

Have you watched TV show Moment of Truth, where people answer questions while being connected on lie detector? Did you like it?

I watched the first episode but I had some pretty serious problems with the core premise. Lie detectors are largely discredited, and most of it seems to be just fishing for scandalous answers. It seemed to be largely random when they got kicked from the chair, and I’m highly suspicious of the fact that no contestant ever won the top prize even though it’d be trivially easy to just be ‘honest’ and win every time. Reminded me too much of reality TV with all the outrageous drama designed to provoke audience reactions, and it’s impossible to come away not feeling it must be either scripted or the guest is playing it up for attention.

I also hate how much this sort of media relies on cheating/sex/keeping secrets from one’s partner for shock value. As a polyamorist, it’s incredibly annoying how every show/book/movie on the planet automatically assumes monogamy is the only possible way to live, and that love triangles/jealousy/unfaithfulness/poor communication are all fascinatingly interesting because there’s no way you can love/sleep with multiple people at the same time and just fucking tell them and work something out.

(And finally I tend to get annoyed at game shows that don’t require actually being smart or skilled at something. Many shows require deep trivia knowledge, others require reflexes or game theory or outwitting other contestants. This show has none of that, literally anyone could go on this show and do passably well.)

Would you personally pay a large amount of money for a signed autograph on Ebay from any actor/voice actor who you are a fan of because of their work?

I admit I’ve never really put much stock in physical merchandise like that. I do have a few though, entirely from staffing conventions in my youth (specifically Leonard Nimoy/Spock, Brent Spiner/Data, David Hewlett/Rodney McKay, Amanda Tapping/Samantha Carter, Peter Mayhew/Chewbacca, and Alex Kingston/River Song.) Those are most of my favorite actor/characters in their respective franchises, so I’m pretty happy to have them!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:12:12 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Vista was such a trash fire lol, it and 8 were both insanely annoying with all its app-ification. 10/11 is much more manageable, but I think XP was my favorite and I miss it even nowadays :P

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ever watched any Warner Bros films?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 04:16:27 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Of course! There are so many I imagine everyone on the planet has at some point, whether they know it or not. I can't say there are many that leap out at me as favorites or overly-incredible movies compared to their competition, but there are plenty of enjoyable decently-good flicks like Lego Movie, The Batman, Inception, Harry Potter etc. And I know they have some all-time classics in their repertoire too, like 2001 A Space Odyssey, but I haven't seen nearly as many films as the average person so I can only speak on them from experience.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
seen any good movies lately?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
seen any good movies lately?

Netflix's Nemona was awesome, just saw that the other day and I highly recommend it. Very interesting worldbuilding, awesome shapeshifting protagonist, and gay protagonists where their gayness doesn't even factor into the plot, which is shockingly rare in animated media even these days.

Have you seen any Doctor Who?

I saw every episode of the 9th through 11th doctor, I think I watched the first episode of the 12th but I was in a busy part of my life and fell off the boat. Been meaning to catch up but I just never got into the new doctors like I did those three, they (and their companions) were all so great in their own ways

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What did you think of Shorty from Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:40:03 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I know a lot of people didn't like him but honestly he never bothered me. Homie's spent his whole life with his dad, and suddenly his dad drops him like a hot potato for some random kid he's never met, just because the kid's biologically related to him? I can totally see him finding that unfair and out of his control, and in the end he comes around to Littlefoot of his own volition, he didn't need to be shamed into better behavior like (for example) Rhett did. All in all I think he handled himself well enough as an immature little kid going through some rough life-altering issues

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Why do you think Rhett is the worst character in the TV series by far?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I think the main reason people don't like Rhett is that the writers dropped the ball on Ali. She's one of the most beloved guest characters from a well-regarded sequel movie (which even drops a hint at the end that she'll return for future adventures.) So there's tons of hype for Ali to finally appear for her second time, but then she's basically just a naive wide-eyed groupie for some stupid little snot-nosed brat. Rhett could have worked as a character, but they butchered Ali's character to make his (very lazy and cliched) storyline function so that's all anybody remembers when they think of him, and rightly so.

That being said, I'd say he's only the second-worst character in the TV series, behind sun-cultist Petrie from "Bright Circle Celebration".

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think of Ruby's thought up existence in the TV Series?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the question, but if it's "why did they add Ruby to the series and do I support it", I'm honestly on the fence. I get why they added a teenager/babysitter character who was more mature than the gang but still young enough to enthusiastically participate in their adventures, and they gave her enough personality quirks and a unique species that helped her stand out from the pack, but from a writing standpoint she spent most episodes either doing nothing or simply spouting the moral at the end. IMO she was kinda a crutch to make it easier for them to churn out formulaic episodes, but the standout episodes (like the one where she remembers her family) are very good and I think she lives up to the potential of her role. If I had the chance to delete her from the show, I wouldn't.

I also think they made the right call with her cameo in LBT 14. A lot of people were complaining that she didn't have more to do, but you have to remember the movie series is way more famous than the TV series, and was always about the core five. Chomper and Ruby would have been out of place as focal characters in a movie, especially that one which focused on Littlefoot's dad and didn't concern them in the slightest, and I appreciate they got a cameo and weren't deleted entirely. That's about all that could be done with them while still staying true to the movie motif of "spiritual recreation of the first movie and its story beats."

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you think Meghan Strange and Anndi McAfee did a good voice impressions of Tress MacNeille when doing Mama Swimmer and Mama Flyer respectively?