The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion of "A sudden change of species"

Ducky123 · 283 · 26686

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Not at all. I picked him mainly because nobody else had him at the time. Also, I feel Pterano here would be more descriptive than I am.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very well :)

So I suppose the Rainbowfaces should have a scene entering the Valley. I think it's best to have them enter it in the morning, then the Gang meeting up, then the Rainbowfaces revealing themselves to the Gang, and offering all of them one wish.
Inactive, probably forever.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All right, that works for me! :yes I'll have Mimus enter the Great Valley the next morning. :yes

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It'd be cool if we make it to have at least a post every second or third day :) This continous slow pace in the RP kills the flow of the story and possible plot ideas are forgotten very easily. There may be more fill-in's in the future to prevent that...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I reckon you guys don't want another long scene of the gang playing so I'll just make it short :yes

Pace is much better now :exactly

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just would like to point something out and make a few suggestions.

1. I have analysed the amount of posts each poster has done (not counting the Rainbowfaces' scenes since there has to be a response sooner or later anyway; while there doesn't have to be one in scenes with multiple characters present.). The outcome is just about what I had expected to see:
bushwacked: 15: (I'm very happy with you, albeit you still have to post in the current scene. Well, you should at least.)
rhombus: 17: (There is nothing to complain about... having the biggest amount of posts in the Gang's scenes and playing Spike, a rather unimportant character compared to Littlefoot for example, states the obvious...)
Dosu2Dinner: 5: (at first, you have been active but you have not posted in a fair while... :()
Ducky123: 16: ( - )
The Anonymous Person: 7: (Like Dosu, you have been active at first but it's a constant negative climax... I would really like to see you posting a little more often)
vonboy: 13: (Well, especially since the past month, your activity has increased :) You keep reminding me to keep this rolling)
Nahla: 5: (Playing Littlefoot, undoubtedly the most important character of the Gang, does require a little... more regular posts)
Zimba: 1: (Well, I can't complain since you have only adults who have not really had any importance yet)

I honestly do not have the aim to bash those who haven't posted much... especially recently. I want to point it out in order to allow changes to occur. I don't like the long breaks, and I'm not the only one who has this opinions (no names :angel). Besides, I'm clearly not in favor of the really unreasonable differences in the amount of the posts about certain characters (comparison: Littlefoot-Spike)
We therefore need a plan, a rule that ensures that there won't we gaps of more than a few days and we need to ensure that every characters gets a reasonable amount of "screen time". As for how I imagine this to work, It's either a more regular posting schedule of everyone (you should be able to post at least once in a week) or a rule that states that you will be allowed to fill in for any character if the holder of that character has not posted within a certain period of t“me, although it is their character(s) turn.

I'll take that for granted if nobody voices their disagreement. It's only for the good of this RP, mind you :)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree fully with your assessment and suggestions, Ducky, particularly the latter of the two. For the sake of fairness to all RPers, those players who have committed to a bigger character should make the commitment to post at least once a week, but should probably be posting more, just to keep this roleplay rolling. :) I don't think you're targeting anyone, but you are saying what needs to be said in order to keep this RP moving, so I think this is a fair assessment for all involved.

(runner up)
(runner up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree with your assessment as well.  Of your two recommendations, I would also favor the second suggestion that you made.   :yes The RP certainly has moved slowly for the most part, interspersed with short bursts of activity.  I think that you have been fair in your assessment of the situation, as it is certainly something that needs to be addressed if the RP is to move at a reasonable pace.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'd also be up for the second option you suggested. It wouldn't have to be a permanent thing, just until the person who's busy is able to start posting more regularly. But at least then, the RP could keep moving forwards and wouldn't get stuck.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm being the second option, too. Some people might not like their character being played by someone else, but if it keeps the RP from grinding to a halt, it's for the better.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Funnily, only those who are active enough anyway replied... Well, I can't help it. I consider this rule as accepted and therefore coming into effect :)
People may fill in for a character if the person responsible for this very character doesn't post within three days (the number of days might be changed depending on the situation), albeit it is clearly this character's turn (or hasn't said or done anything in a while)

Will also send this in a group PM to all participants of this RP :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Two things I want to ask/suggest:

1. Should we reveal what all members of the Gang wished as in a short talk about the wishes they made? It would take place as soon as the Rainbowfaces will have taken their leave again. If we do, we will have to let them come true as well, not only Chomper's... :p

2. Having read what rhombus made out of this idea of having the Gang turn into Sharpteeth, I feel that we should have all members of the Gang turn into Fastbiters... Then we could use the Fastbiter strategies more effectively (having Chomper as the "killer" and the others as scouts, chasers and back ups).

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think that the first idea would be nice.  I have a pretty good idea what Spike's wish is going to be.  :p

With regards to the second idea, I have no particular preference.  We could also have most of the gang turn into fastbiters but have a few be something else (Petrie as a flyer and Littlefoot as a T Rex, for example).  In that circumstance, they would simply have an aerial scout as one of their scouts and an extra "tank" besides Chomper (Littlefoot, in this example).  I am curious to hear what the others think.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sure, I have no problem with revealing the wish  :)

And yeah, I'm with rhombus, having a few different types of sharptooth in the group sounds like it'd be fun - and we could still keep the idea of different roles in the group (aerial scout, chaser etc).

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like the idea of having a few others outside of fastbiter. :yes If Littlefoot turned into a T-Rex, that'd certainly allow him to see things through his good friend Chomper's eyes. :yes

We can reveal the wishes in dialogue too, I have no problem with that, but yes, I suppose they would have to come true as well if that were the case. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm all for Littlefoot being a T-rex, aa like cal put it, he'd see things though his best friend's eyes.

Could we go over what the others wishes might be, then? :)

Chomper would obviously be something like "I wish I had some sharpteeth friends."
Spikes could be "I wish I could speak."
Littlefoot's might be "I wish my friend Chomper never had to leave me."
Petrie's "Me wish me more brave!" :p

Can't think of what the other's could be right now. Any ideas?

Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Well, you already guessed Spike's correctly  :p

As for the others, I have a few ideas that I would be interested in seeing what the other RPers thought.

Cera's could want to be stronger and braver. (as a true threehorn would be...)

Ruby's could want to understand Chomper better, as she is his caregiver and has to be cautious and understanding of his situation.  Alternatively, she may want to be a faster runner, as that would be an instinctual motivation for any fast runner.

I can't actually think of what Ducky's could be at the moment.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Darn you vonboy, you mind reader, you guessed Petrie's too!

Hmn, Ducky's one is quite tricky, I'm trying to think of something she'd really want. Maybe to grow in size so she isn't as small and vulnerable?  :unsure:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if nobody objects, I would like to change Cera's species to Fastbiter nonetheless since I know how to play Fastbiters (I have a fairly good imagination of how they would look like, of how they might fight, interact etc... not sure about other species that are unheard of in the LBT series). Littlefoot being a "tank" (nice choice of wording :D) and Petrie being the aerial scout sounds fine. Spike's species is probably rather tall and strong but slower on its feet, I take it?
Ducky and Ruby are Fastbiters. However, Deinonychus' were considerably smaller than Utahraptors if I'm not mistaken. Ducky wouldn't be a good hunter due to her innocent and sweet personality anyway so that wouldn't be a problem.
I personally just prefer the all Fastbiter idea (except Petrie being a sharptooth-flyer obviously and Littlefoot being a t-rex) because I know now how rhombus has done this in "The Seven Hunters" and it works pretty well. I'm fine either way :)

As for the wishes:

Littlefoot: vonboy's suggestion is good. Another option would be something like "Our friendship will last forever and never break"

Cera: As for Cera, I have a few ideas in store :smile Obviously, one option is wishing to be strong and tough. A second option would be that things don't change anymore (which wouldn't be a good option, knowing what will happen in the night :p). A third and better choice would be wishing that her dad is a better father for Cera. Last but not least, Cera could - hardheaded like she is - simply wish to have a cool day of playing (possibly wishing she'd win all games :smile) or wish the Rainbowfaces away (like "I wish to never see thise creeps again)

Ducky: She could wish that the world becomes more peaceful since she strongly dislikes fights and quarrels. (That wish could actually come true by the Gang spreading a "only kill if necessary" message among the Sharpteeth)

Petrie: I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said.

Spike: See above... He could have wished to have food in abundance but since Spike is smarter than his usual behavior indicates, wishing to be able to communicate with words rather than with gestures is a pretty good option (and compatible with our previous plans). :yes

Ruby: Ruby could wish to become as wise as Mr. Thicknose one day :angel

Chomper: Well... somebody gotta get it started, right? :p I'm not sure if he should wish to rid the world of Redclaw or to never have to leave his friends due to growing too big to stay in the valley... The latter option might get a certain threehorn very mad :bolt

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^  I rather like your revised idea Ducky.  In the event that it is adopted, I would consent to making Spike a Utahraptor like most of the others.  :yes We would have to remember to revise the species list, however.