The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discussion of "A sudden change of species"

Ducky123 · 283 · 25409

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
As long as it does not result in abandoning "The Great Plague", I am up and ready for the RP whenever anyone else is.

A deinonychus, eh? I can handle that easily. Such a species sounds reasonable for size.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm ready to get started whenever the others are, Cap'n! I guess we just need to wait for Nahla and Dosu to choose their species.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity before we begin, are there any conventions in the forum about how to indicate thoughts and dreams separately from overt actions and words?  I know that some roleplays on the forum appear to have used italics to indicate thoughts and dreams and I just want to make sure that I am following the same standards as everyone else.  Since Spike is functionally mute as a leafeater much of his early dialogue is simple going to be his thoughts and perceptions.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Italics are fine for thoughts and the like, I think. At least, that's what I use and nobody's called me out for it yet.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^  Thanks for the reply.  That is probably the convention that I will follow unless Ducky has something else in mind.  I suppose that it doesn't matter what font is used really as long as everyone follows the same standards.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's light this barbeque!

Um, I mean let's get started already! :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's fine, rhombus :)

It won't mean abandoning 'The Great Plague', TAP :) I'm waiting for especially Loyfe & one or two others to post.

Right, if nothing gets into my way, I'll make the first post tomorrow :)

Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Added the Sharpteeth species to the list, also TAP and I agreed on names for the Rainbowfaces (Mimus & Galli).
I'll start the thing in a bit :yes

I still need some advice though :bang Which species might Cera be?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm guessing since it's Cera you'd want something pretty bulky and powerful... How about a Majungasaurus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majungasaurus

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good one! :lol It even has a small horn-like thing on its head :blink:

Cera's a Majungasaurus then :yes

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hey I might not be able to post much due to being busy,there  has been death in the family,plus I am quite sick so in and out of doctors. Nahla is my fill in,so if my characters are needed and Im not around Nahla steps in for me.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really sorry Zimba, my condolences and I hope you feel better soon.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am terribly sorry for your loss Zimba.  I hope that you have a quick recovery.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A loss in the family is always a hard thing to get through.

Hope you can get through it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay Zimmy, I'm sorry :( Nahla fills in then.

Right, here's what I have in mind for the next scene(s)... Ideas, additions and suggestions are welcomed like always ;)
The Gang (plus Guido to introduce him, kinda) play a game (how about Run & Hide?) in the evening. If you don't mind it, we could do it detailed. I think a good ol' game is rather funny and easy to write plus everyone can get into this RP :yes Maybe every character will be the one with the task of catching one of its friends once? (Who shall be first? Ruby? Since she's hard to catch...) Then the grown-ups call them.. the usual thing.. Adding a little good-night-scene and the day is over. The next day will be the one that changes everything... Another reason for doing the playing scene detailed because it's the only time (aside from the grown-ups arguing, worrying etc.) they'll be in the Valley. :p

Discussion's open :p Anonymous and I will be finished with the Rainbowfaces' scene soon :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me.  I do have a question on scene transition however.  Should the next scene in the roleplay simply jump from the Rainbowfaces' scene during the night to the kids playing a game in the middle of the next evening, or should the next scene be the gang waking up, eating their morning meal, and then proceeding to play the game?  It seems the first option would get into the action a bit quicker, but that the second option would be a more gradual transition - going from night to the very next morning.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That sounds good to me!

I think maybe having the scene switch straight to the gang would be a little better; like you say it would get us right into the action. It could start with, say, Littlefoot (since he's the main character) going over the rules of the hide and seek game they're about to play - that way it'd set up the scene nicely and we could all be together from the get go? Of course, there'd be some form of description letting everyone know the time had skipped from night to the middle of the next day. But I'm good with however everyone else wants to start it off  :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would prefer the scene jumping straight to the game as well :yes , but I am open to the other possibility if the others think that second option would be a better idea.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm open for your option as well, rhombus, though I do prefer mine :)

About the beginning of the game, I have already written an introduction describing the location and the characters as a sort of lead-in. The one of us who plays the 'catcher' at the beginning of the game (Ruby? I wouldn't mind Littlefoot being the first) will start the actual game. E.g, Ruby looked around wondering where everyone hid...

I'll try to post what I have written already (I might chance some facts depending on what we decide on) tomorrow after school in order to give everyone enough time to speak up their mind :) So it'll be afternoon for Europeans and morning for the Americans (and I guess late evening for Aussies?)