The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Alternate Character Names?

Serris · 5 · 1346

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Does anyone use different names/spellings for various characters?

Like:

Mr. Threehorn/Topsy

Rhett/Ret/Rhette

Ali/Allie

Ozzy/Ozzie

I greatly prefer Mr. Threehorn over Topsy (Topsy sounds too cute for such a "hard" character :x).

The other choices, I'm not really picky about (except Rhett, DO NOT spell it "Rhette", I DO NOT like that spelling!!).

Although, I prefer these spellings:

Rhett
Ali
Ozzie

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Although, I prefer these spellings:

Rhett
Ali
Ozzie

The first two are the official spellings anyway.  Often the difference between "y" and "ie" as a suffix refers as whether the character is male or female.

Example-

male: Billy
female: Billie

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Serris,Feb 23 2008 on  04:48 AM
I greatly prefer Mr. Threehorn over Topsy (Topsy sounds too cute for such a "hard" character :x).
"Topsy" is the name, that Tria called him. It's just a nickname. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It can be confusing indeed.  I've seen some spell certain characters different ways.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In a story I've been writing and in which Cera's Dad plays an important role I call him "Tops". From the original movie on he has most frequently been called "Daddy Tops" in the closing credits, so I take it that Tops is his name and Topsy what a lover would make of it ;)
One name which I think I may have spelled wrong is that of the LBT 4 bird whom I spell "Ichty". Ichty might be a reference to Ichtyornis, but from the sound I suppose those who spell him Icky to be correct (a less flattering reference in that name ;)). I must admit I have been too lazy to check out the spelling in the closing credits.