The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Grandma Longnec cries. :(

Guest · 10 · 2990

Bruton the Iguanodon

Which pic is the saddest of her crying? I have to say the 1st. The first is like looking at something really sad from when I was really young---which it is; 4 is the first LBT film I really knew and it's a part of my distant past. The last one is sad too since it's like looking at something that happened recently, but just doesn't have the haunting distantness the first does. And the 2nd...is somewhere in the middle, which was something still sad but which I've gotten over and wasn't as long ago as the first.

Anyways what do you think?

(P.S. why is it always the Grandma that cries, why never the Grandpa? Is Universal saying females are more emotional?)  :blink:

Bruton the Iguanodon

Holy crap I just noticed something---look how small Littlefoot is compared to her in the first shot and then look at the 2nd. He had grown.

Also, from the movie 10 flashback we see Bron is slightly taller then Littlefoot's mom...look at Littlefoot in proportion to Bron as they walk side by side at the end of "Me and my dad" and then look at his size when he walks by his mom in movie 1. He's definitely grown. :exactly

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The first one. It is the climax of one of my favourite songs.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
I think I like the scene from the fourth movie the best because it's during a very emotional song. I always felt sorry for her in the fourth movie.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I pick the scene from LBT 4. It's one of the most emotional moments is LBT.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I found the crying in LBT 10 to be the saddest though I agree with the majority that the crying in LBT 4 is very sad as well.
Why? Because I consider the reaction of Littlefoot's Grandparents to Littlefoot leaving them to live with Bron very very tough. Though Littlefoot is all they still have (except from having each other) they let him go for his greater good (I doubt he'd have had a better life with Bron btw). Hence I choose LBT 10.
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta as well. When she sang that song in movie 4 and she cried during/after the song was like wow I even shed a tear as well.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't actually cried during number four, but it is defiinitely a weak, sentimental moment for Grandma Longneck - who despite her despair, she still manages to sing her grandson a lullaby, telling him about the wonderful cycle of life.
It's what any grieving person would do, which I think helps the scene :(
Dang! I haven't seen 4 in so long!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would say 4 with she is crying and as an above poster said she still managed to sing her grandson a lullaby to him.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't decide between 4 and 10, cause in both she's crying because she is about to lose something very dear to her and neither she nor US know what's gonna happen. In the fifth we could be reasonably certain that the kids would be returned, but in the Fourth they could just as well have killed off her hubby and in the tenth it could have been reasonable that Littlefoot went with his father instead of them :(

As for why she is the one crying? Well, in the first one, Grandpa wasn't exactly in a position to cry, while in the second he might have been trying to stay strong for everyone's sake considering he DOES have a leaderposition, regardless of how they make their decisions. As for the third...  :confused dunno xD