The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What do you DISLIKE the most about TLBT?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Thanks, I corrected my error.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
The songs. Some of them are okay, I guess, but in general I hate songs in any film or TV show.

Also I can't stand Mo or the Yellowbellies.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I also hate how the adults never give out punishment to the kids that do bad things. It's like come on give them some kind of punishment. And how the adults are so stupid and dumb that there kids know more than the adults.

Duckyfan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I cant stand the singing and songs, and there are too many characters that are in just 1 movie and never came back in the tv show or even another movie.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have to agree somewhat Ducky fan. Most of the song's are bad but a lot of them are actually good and worth listening to.. And most of the new characters I didn't like at all. Like The Female Long Neck and Ruby.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I have a whole list of things that disgust me about LBT, so I'm not gonna go into it. I am gonna go into this though:

know Ducky and Petrie were both "kidnapped" for maybe 20 seconds by Ichy and Dill in LBT 4

No offense, but is there a reason you're approximating the amount of time they were kidnapped to "maybe 20 seconds"? Are you saying it should have been for longer, like 10 minutes?

And the way you said it, it makes it seem like they were kidnapped together, but they weren't. Petrie was kidnapped by Ichy and saved by the stupid mouse. Ducky was also kidnapped by Ichy and...was attempted to be saved by Petrie. Would have made it really better if Ducky had saved Petrie earlier on instead of the mouse, who was really unnecessary.

Also I can't stand Mo or the Yellowbellies.

That's fine about the yellowbellies, I hate them too...but how dare you say that about Mo, my favorite LBT character ever?!

But no, seriously, that's fine, if you feel that way.  :exactly

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What I disliked was indeed several of the songs. IMHO I think the songs were unnecessary and redundant in the sequels and should not have been added. Same goes with the T.V. series. Some songs don't get me wrong had a purpose being the sequels like Grandma's Lullaby in LBT IV and Bestest Friends in LBT X. But then there were songs that had nothing to do with anything in some sequels.

My issues with the Yellowbellies is that they basically procrastinated several times in the movie. On top of that they weren't very bright when it came to escaping the sharpteeth the first time or dangerous situations all together. Shoot as a matter of fact I'm surprised they weren't dead yet looking at what they went through in the 13th movie.

If the Yellowbellies were how should I say more serious about the predicament they were in and not goofing off in tough situations throughout the entire movie I think they would of been better characters and much more tolerable for everyone to watch and tolerable for Cera too. :DD Not that I had any serious problems with them or anything, but I'm just saying it from everyone's point of view on those characters. What really gets me in 13 is how the entire Yellowbelly herd coward in fear and ran away from a pack of four sharpteeth. I mean you got to be kidding me? They are a huge herd of dinosaurs against four sharpteeth.  They could of taken those four down with ease. I mean come on you gotta kidding me with that. That right there is something I still don't get almost five years later after the release of that movie.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Besides LBT 13... and minor voice changes in later films...
The animation on LBT 6 wasn't that bad. It was the character design. Especially on the song "On Your Own", Littlefoot looks like an alien XD :lol

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, I don't like the fact that sharpteeth are kinda weak. And the fact that all the movies are mostly about Littlefoot. I like him, but it gets kinda boring, and the other characters get a bit neglected. And I'm annoyed at the behavior of the adults.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Curzon,Mar 28 2012 on  04:39 AM
Well, I don't like the fact that sharpteeth are kinda weak. And the fact that all the movies are mostly about Littlefoot. I like him, but it gets kinda boring, and the other characters get a bit neglected. And I'm annoyed at the behavior of the adults.
I'm actually quite surprised they only focused on Littlefoot in all 13 movies plus the show. LBT 12 however focused a lot more on both Cera and Petrie and their families then it did with Littlefoot. They probably didn't want to end up repeating what was taking place with other movies/shows. Shows that have the name of the main character have the tendency to focus on other characters throughout the show like House of Mouse, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Laboratory, Arthur, and many others.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I know Ducky and Petrie were both "kidnapped" for maybe 20 seconds by Ichy and Dill in LBT 4,

Why are you being so know-it-all as to approximate it to "20 seconds"?! You want me to give you the exact time?

And it was just Ichy. And they weren't kidnapped together.

Bruton the Iguanodon

On the other hand, it could be possible that Littlefoot didn't want to talk about it. The only one I am certain he told is Ducky (of his friends, he did tell Rooter though), but as far as that goes, the only thing she indicates she knows is that his mom gave him the treestar.

Maybe it is stuff that occurred offscreen, the things we did not see. I just don't see any evidence onscreen in the first movie of Littlefoot telling anyone. The only time I think it's indicated that his friends know what happened is the 5th movie, when I think Littlefoot alludes to his mother during the song Always There, and the others look at him sympathetically.

Though I'm sure at some point in the LBT timeline, whether it be offscreen in movie 1 or sometime offscreen during the sequels, Littlefoot told them what happened.

They never showed Ducky being told about it.

They never showed anyone being told about it,

None of the gang know what happened to Littlefoot's mom, I like to think.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Well, let's see here; the darker tones growing less and less as the series progressed, but my biggest complaint would have to be Universal writing off characters that you never see or hear from again.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I have a list of dislikes in Land Before Time, and these are my opinions, and if someone doesn't like them, as Mr. Threehorn would say: TOUGH! So here it is:

Seriously incompetent Sharpteeth, there supposed to be predators, and to trip over a baby Brachiosaurus in 10, come on, you supposed to weigh 6 tons and you trip over a 50 pound hatchling. The sharpteeth from 1-3, 5, 7, and 9, were the most threatening, here is why

Sharptooth: An awesome T-rex who is out for revenge against Littlefoot, and in my opinion he IS a villain, so don't say 'how is he a villain?', he kills Littlefoot's mother, he tracks the gang all the way to the Great Valley, and he almost kills Petrie, what reason is he not a villain, a predator doesn't track its failed prey for months, like he did, and a predator doesn't simply go after hatchlings when he could have a full grown longneck, he injured the mother, if he was hungry, he would just finish the already injured mother off, so as far as I'm concerned, he IS A VIllain!

Mama and Papa Sharptooth: They were actually a little less threatening, because they actually seemed like more realistic T-rex, they didn't jump very often, and they went after larger prey when given the chance, ex. Mother Sharptooth vs. Grandpa Longneck, the only problem with them was tripping over two hatchlings, atleast Chomper and Littlefoot didn't try to step under her.

Velociraptors from three: Now these guys were cool, the reason is because they almost killed the adults, and got a few good hits in, also, they resembled the Velociraptor males from Lost World: Jurassic Park, the same red skin with dark stripes, just added to the cool factor, they also didn't have any slapstick. One Raptor did get hit by a rock, but because he didn't get up, it is likely that he was killed, as Raptors in real life could be killed with a baseball bat.

In 5, that Giganotosaurus(he was to big to be a Carnotaurus) was cool, because he drew blood, twice, and was pretty bad-a**, especially how he was able to defeat two T-rexs with ease, the only reason they won is because Chomper's father surprised him with a tail swipe.

7, these Raptors were pretty scary for one reason, that they killed the entire herd, even though it wasn't shown.

9, This guy made me unable to watch LBT 9, it wasn't Mo.

After this, the sharpteeth became these slapstick obstacle courses for the kids, I wonder why the adults fear them so much, if 7 hatchlings can easily outwit them, then why fear them?

The incompetent attitude of the adults, they just talk and argue, and they never actually do anything except a few times, they never do anything, they just argue, as if arguing will do anything.

So that is my list, now I don't want anyone to say that sharptooth never showed any signs of being a villain, a normal t-rex wouldn't track down a group of 5 hatchlings for revenge, they would follow large prey like Longnecks or Threehorns.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I thought the swimming sharptooth of the 9th movie was pretty scary. Well definitely scarier than other sharpteeth. He actually came the closest to the original Sharptooth.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper98,Jul 25 2012 on  02:13 PM

The incompetent attitude of the adults, they just talk and argue, and they never actually do anything except a few times, they never do anything, they just argue, as if arguing will do anything.

Wouldn't you know it? I actually forgot to add that to my list... -_-

But, I agree with you on that for the most part; Universal sort of just portrayed them as useless... Don't get me wrong, some of them had actually done something, like Petrie's mother getting that other flyer in the seventh film, for example.

Sadly enough, there just isn't enough of those moments...

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chomper98,Jul 25 2012 on  02:13 PM

Wouldn't you know it? I actually forgot to add that to my list... -_-

But, I agree with you on that for the most part; Universal sort of just portrayed them as useless... Don't get me wrong, some of them had actually done something, like Petrie's mother getting that other flyer in the seventh film, for example.

Sadly enough, there just isn't enough of those moments...

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't like the fact that there's no sense of continuity between the movies. Characters and places just come and vanish for no reason. This makes the whole series less realistic I think.

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
How they still portray carnivores and sharpteeth in a negative light,even after the fifth movie,where we discover they're not bad after all