Important Announcements > Announcements

New signature guidelines, 2009

<< < (7/7)

Malte279:
Aye, do. At the moment your signature covers up almost an entire screen.
Everyone else whose signatures by far exceed the rules, please do the same now.

Malte279:
And even though awards are largely exempt from the guidelines (to avoid an award becoming a nuisance for the winner in case he or she would have to upset the entire signature in order to add the award and not violate the rules) we appeal to those of you who won several awards to consider putting some of them side by side rather than stacking them up.

Malte279:
This is the final day for everyone whose signature exceeds the guide lines and file size or in hight to fix their signatures. The oversized signatures can cause real problems for people with slow connections, small resolutions or anyone using smaller screen devices to browse the GOF. We therefore appeal to you to fix it on your own and spare us and yourselves the work and awkwardness of PMing those whose signatures exceed the guidelines tomorrow.
The admins reserve the right to change oversized signatures themselves if the owners of the signatures fail to do so even after being PMed, but in that case we may consider sanctions as well for the obvious deliberateness in breaking the guide lines. Please spare yourselves and us the resulting trouble and awkwardness.

Petrie:
The last time someone said something in this thread was 6 years ago!!!  In that time, while we have had ultra 4K monitors come along, many members use their mobile devices and tablets to browse.  A huge signature is still very distracting.  Please keep your signatures small or you will still get emails from admins despite the advance in technology.  :exactly

Just FYI I keep signatures setting to “off” in my profile so I never see them, because I don’t always use a big screen and I don’t want to be scrolling endlessly past signatures on an ipad. ^^

StardustSoldier:
Duly noted. I don't have a signature at the moment, but if/when I get one I'll make sure it isn't too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version