The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Long Ago

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
When I was 14 years old (8 years ago) my dad wanted me to race cars.  It was his dream, but in his old age he put the money into gears, parts, bodies and gasoline to help me pursue the dream for him.  For four years I made my way from the bottom to the top, going from last place to first place in every class I raced in, but one day it all ended.

My dad was running in a stock car designed for racing around an oval track, just like me.  He wanted me to win, but he never figured that he would be the one to reach out for that first place trophy.  The track was slippery that day.  During lap 14 he missed the turn and struck the outer railing.  His car bounced over the boundary wall and crashed into the outer barracades.

He should of died as I watched his car flip over the railing and into the ravine, but my dad was a man of safetfy and he put $900.00 into a new device called the HANS, which restrained his neck to the seat as he plummetted down the parapet.

The device was broken beyond repair, but thanks to it my dad walked away from th accident without injury.  To this day he tells me:

"Your life is priceless... there is no subsittute for safety even among racers."

I can only remember that day and hope that I can live up to the greatness that is my dad. :cry

Caustizer :angel

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's a great story & incident. I can see why you'd remember that so well.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Great story there. I'm glad your dad is alive and well.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing an important piece of your life with us. Is there any particular reason why would you remember this now? Any great challenge ahead?