The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summertime 2008

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Likely here, enjoying the warmth, being glad it's not cold like now.  Playing games on my Ds lite (which I do not have one yet), rping (if any threads are active at that time).  

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm going to CTY!

It's my last year. I'm a no-more.

We are normally not allowed to have computers, but I'll have an iPhone so I can update.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Kor,Jan 4 2008 on  06:52 PM
Likely here, enjoying the warmth, being glad it's not cold like now.
Ooooooo I'm HATING the cold! Glad I'm not visiting my uncle and his family in Anchrage! It's GOT to be cold there!

Lol, I'll probobly be on the computer some of the time, but hopefully doing 'summer school' (for autisim and aspergers...I have aspergers), the water park ( :wow ), hopefully the library

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have Asperger's as well.

Autism is a learning disability. Asperger's, which is a form of autism, is more of a social disorder. Why would you go to 'summer school' for Asperger's?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well I will just rest this summer, do things with the family and do other things, just trying to have a real nice time before I start with the university again.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'll be at work.....yippee skippie.  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Asperger's, wonder if I have that, a couple of friends mentioned I seem to fit the profile.  

Sounds like another person who dislikes the cold besides me, I thought I was the only one.  Everyone in this city seems to love the cold.  Though it never gets as cold as in Alaska.   A winter day here is likely a hot Alaska day, though it is still very cold to me.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hanging out on GOF and repairing computers.  Like always. :D

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Knowing my luck I'll still be attending college....its a year round kinda thing...which REALLY sucks!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yuck...I did summer classes once and I'll never do it again.  Reminds you of secondary school and homework every night because the class only goes for a month.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
CTY is 'summer school', if you want to call it that. It is more like a gathering of gifted and talented youth. We have three weeks away from our parents on a college campus.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wow... Lot of aspies on here.  Me icluded.
Anyhow, I'll be swimming, playing video games, and hanging out here!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
As of now, I have a form of high-functioning autism.

I am trying to reverse some of its effects. I now make eye-contact with people a lot more often than I used to. I thank CTY!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I suppose this summer I shall prepare for my final university diploma. I cannot say for sure what live will hold in store for me (I hope to get a job at the university), but I have plans to travel to the US in 2009 and take internships in historical national parks. Nothing is certain yet, but the plans failed for 2008 and I don't mean to give them up altogether.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Making eye contact, far to uncomfortable for me to do.

I do prefer summer over winter.  More fun overall, for me at least.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That actually is a sign of Asperger's Syndrome. Inability to make eye contact for any period of time.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hopefully, I'll have a job by then. If not, I'll just conintue sitting on my ass, surfing the web, and playing video games.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Jan 5 2008 on  12:22 PM
That actually is a sign of Asperger's Syndrome. Inability to make eye contact.
Well then I guess everyone has aspergers in some degree since its hard for anyone to maintain eye contact for lengthy periods.  :rolleyes: Try it, its almost natural to just look away for a split second.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What I mean is that it is nearly impossible for people with Asperger's to make eye contact at all. I do not mean for elongated periods of time.