The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Blanking the Slate

Serris · 921 · 86604

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats good to hear" Marota said softly  ' Drugs are starting to take effect, I'm going to  fall asleep in a couple minutes. Make sure everyone gets the antidote in them. Better make sure you take one yourself ,  so you dont collapse. I wager you're feeling the same effects of numbing feet I was.  Its only going to get worse the longer you wait.  Emilena and Axel are starting to feel the efects now, I'd wager, if they lose consciousness, they'll slip into a coma within a couple hours. Then, without immediate application of the antidote they'll die.  Find, them, get them into treatment, then find a place where  you can pass out for 10-15 minutes.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Soren moved to catch himself on the doorway as his feet gave out. "Yeah. I'm not sure I have much time left. I'll go find them."

His legs were starting to feel like pillars of concrete but he knew that if he didn't hurry, he'd be dead in a few hours.

The Human hoped that the three would be enough to remove the achylsalt from their systems. Anne, Marita and Marie already had IV lines in place and the stronger antidotes administered. All he had was the three autoinjectors.

Soren immediately ducked out one of the stairwells and quickly headed down the stairs. Thanks to the effort driving up his heart rate, the achylsalts were circulating faster through his body.

Several times, he nearly tumbled down the stairs as his legs gave out but he managed to stumble out into the alleyway. He looked around and saw that it was empty. His fingers trembled as he grabbed his phone from his pocket. He swore as he realized that he missed a call from Axel.

He quickly called the number back. "Axel," he said. "I've got it. I'm in the alleyway in front of the--" Soren grunted as he tumbled to the ground. His legs refused to obey him forcing him to crawl for the dropped cell phone. He picked it back up and tried to see through the haze that began to cloud his vision. "In front of a pharmacy." 

The Human didn't bother to hang up as he withdrew one of the autoinjectors and yanked off of the safety cap. Luckily, it had instructions on the side of the device. He pressed it firmly against his thigh and pushed the button at the top. Soren's lower body so numb that he didn't feel the large needle go into his thigh. Almost immediately, he could feel some sensation going back into his legs but drowsiness washed over him.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As Soren picked up, he must've naturally thought he was talking to Axel. "It's Tony." the ferret responded, but waited to listen to him. He was outside... in the alleyway they'd just left... goddammit!

Putting the phone on speaker and placing it on the seat next to him, Tony pushed the accelerator down and rapidly whipped the big Duesenberg around in a 180° turn and back the way they'd just come, the parking lot fortunately being big enough for such a maneuver. Easily pushing it up a little to race the big motor car back to the alley, he pulled up with a screech as he braked hard, seeing Soren upon the ground. Bringing the car to a halt by completely pushing in the clutch, he shifted back into neutral, then set the hand brake once more by pulling the lever back, listening to it click multiple times as it went into place.

Throwing the door open, he dashed out to Soren. "Soren!" He called. "Soren! Jesus!" Dropping to his knees, he began searching for the antidotes. "You OK?" he asked, paws groping for anything that felt like an injector or vial or something... and as he found two, he pulled them out, then tried to drag the human forward towards the car. "I brought transportation... the others?" he asked, grunting as he slid him along, releasing him after a few feet. "I'm going to help the others! I'll be back!" He told him, racing over to the car to yank the back door open.

"Here!" He handed an injector to Axel, and looked down at the nude Emilena. Well... the legs were usually good places to jab... he wasn't sure where... just somewhere along the thigh. Looking for a vein as best he could, he pushed the injector against her, then shoved the button down, hoping this worked. Tossing the "pen" into the backseat, he exhaled, looking around at Soren, then back to Emilena. "Please work... please work..." he whispered, unsure really how fast this was supposed to happen. Maybe she wouldn't regain consciousness for several hours... he just wasn't sure, as he wasn't a doctor.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena let out a small gasp and her muscles relaxed. She couldn't roll over or move, but it was clear the antidote had done something. "Huh. Uhh, didne whom...unh." Her words were slurred and she drooled with every word. She barely glanced a glance at Tony. "You thins..." she murmured before exhaustion overtook her once again and she slipped into a relaxed stupor.

(OOC: Unless Tony or Awe have things to do, should we have a short timeskip soon to where everyone's waking up?)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Biting the inside of his cheek to desperately retain some awareness of his surroundings, Axel flailed with his hands and snatched the injector from Tony's grip. His vision was swimming so he couldn't make out the instructions on the side of the device... but he'd had some experience with injecting substances in the not-too-distant past to know the thigh was a safe bet.

At least you learned one thing in your shitty life, Axel thought somewhat hysterically as he unceremoniously tugged the left side of his jeans down and stabbed the needle into his leg. Pushing the button, he sighed as a cool sensation started to work its way down his leg, and with it some degree of feeling.

With a grunt, he flopped back in the car seat. The injector fell from his fingers and landed with a clunk at his feet. "Jesus, you guys cut it... cut it petty short..." Axel swallowed. His tongue suddenly felt like a lump of lead in his mouth. His head grew fuzzy, eyelids impossible to keep open. "Than-" Axel started to say. Then he collapsed, int unconsciousness and across Emilena.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awe rejoined the rest of the group seeing most of them passed out except one whose face he didn't recognize. "I assume we got what we came for?"

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As Tony watched the antidotes start to take effect, he hoped to god or whatever existed that this worked... it seemed to make them pass out, but upon studying one of the tubes, he could see that marked drowsiness was a side effect so... perhaps... that was all. The ironic thing was, the hospital was right there... far better equipped to handle this than him, but they were trying to escape so... while he felt this wasn't the entire party, he wasn't sure what to do. They all had phones... they could stay in contact.

As some random person approached him whom he didn't recognize, Tony eyed him. "Hell if I know. Who are you anyway?" He asked, moving over to Soren's form and starting to drag him to the car. "If you're coming along, you can sit in the front. Plenty of room up there. I'm going to head to a hotel I think. Let them recuperate... it'll be close enough to the hospital that we can return here if we need to to pick more up." He explained. Opening the Duesenberg's back door, he placed Soren cleanly on the floor. He wasn't too worried about that, as the floor was carpeted and plush and would actually be quite comfortable.

Heading around to the front, he slid behind the wheel, released the parking brake, and shifted into gear as he brought the big automobile around in a semi-circle so he could head back the way he'd come and out of this hospital parking lot. There was a hotel close by, and as he pulled out of the lot and into the street, he watched the lights play off the red and black hood, flashing by in linear motions as he drove along in silence, keeping one paw resting high up on the wheel as he watched cars move by in the opposite lane. All were boring old electrics... sleek, angular, and all the same. No real excitement or thrill there...

Turning into the hotel lot a short time later, he headed down a ramp into the parking garage, and slid into a spot, killing the engine and looking behind him. "Now... we wait..." he commented, not even going to make the attempt to move everyone himself. Exhaling, he waited patiently, tapping his claws on the wheel before reaching over to the glove compartment, pulling out a book, and beginning to read as he settled back in the seat.

(runner up)
(runner up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"The name's Awe. I offered my services to your friends to get the medication they needed," Awe replied after he had gotten into the front seat. Awe kept an eye out to make sure that they weren't being followed to the hotel. After they had arrived he looked to the driver of the car. "And your name is?"

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Awe, eh? Sorry if I was a little blunt earlier... I didn't recognize you, and I've been through a lot with these guys." he explained, hooking a claw to the trio in the backseat. "My name is Tony, Tony Stracci." Awe would see he was a ferret of fairly typical build, a bit on the lanky side, with nothing too remarkable about his appearance save for his clothing seemed a bit out of 1920s Hollywood. He sported a vest, gray shirt underneath, slacks and a flat cap. He fit right in with the decor of the classic automobile they were sitting in. And of course, anyone worth their grain of salt would recognize the name Stracci as a former mob boss empire mostly turned legitimate in recent years.

(runner up)
(runner up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Ah, yes I've heard of you," Awe replied. "The mob boss turned legitimate." Awe chuckled a little. Awe was sure that Tony knew Marcus  Olivieri was in the hospital they had just broken out of. "It's good to see that you made the right choice otherwise we might not be meeting under such friendly circumstances."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well honestly it was more my old man was really the glue holding our empire together and I guess I just... couldn't fully follow in his footsteps afterwards. Power wasn't all for me... and I wanted to try... making more of a legitimate run out of it." he explained, scratching the back of his head. "I guess I kind of... accidentally met these guys... ended up helping them out... and we've been buddies ever since." he concluded, giving Awe a nod.

(runner up)
(runner up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It's always nice to have a friend or two around when you need them," Awe said. "I mainly wanted to go freelance that's why I quit my corporate job. I felt I could just do more outside of a corporate atmosphere." Awe kept his eyes open scanning around the parking garage with his eyes.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Certainly is... and while I've kind of been out of the fight for a bit..." he nodded, looking into the back seat briefly. "It's good to be back. Heh... so... former corporate employee, eh?" he asked, grinning now. "I don't blame you on leaving... so you're like a... what?" The ferret noticed him looking about the garage, doing a casual scan as well. "Man with a certain set of skills?" he asked, grinning as he didn't go into much detail beyond that.

(runner up)
(runner up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You could say that," Awe replied. "I'm a former assassin for Werner Industries a major arms manufacturer. I may be freelance but that doesn't mean i'm heartless."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heh well..." the ferret grinned. "I had somewhat inferred that from your statements but..." he whistled. "Werner Industries, eh? I'm familiar with them... let's just say... did some gun running of their products for my father awhile back... and I always wondered about that too... if you could just switch off, being an assassin and all." he commented thoughtfully. "I'd have problems separating my personal life from the professional, but it sounds like you've found a way."

(runner up)
(runner up)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Heh, it hasn't been easy," Aw chuckled. "Somedays I find myself wishing I was back on the old job, good paycheck, girls, booze money..." Awe grinned. "But those days are over, now I work for a better cause."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
A short time later, Emilena groaned softly as she felt consciousness returning. “Erf…” she muttered. “Man, those achylsalts hit hard...and fast.” She tried to sit up, but realized Axel’s body was still draped over her. “Did the others make it out?”

“The others are fine,” Tony answered dismissively. “You’re the only one who even passed out. Probably because of your underdeveloped immune system.”

“My what?”

“You’re a child. An eight-year old baby pretending to be an adult. The others know it. I know it. You’re not fooling anyone.”

Emilena caught something in his tone. “Tony? Are you...mad at me?”

Tony sighed. “Why the hell would Tony be mad at you?” He turned around, and with a flash of panic Emilena realized he was really Lily. “We’re the ones with unfinished business.”

“Lily!” Emilena tried to scramble out of the car, but Axel’s body was pinning her down.

Lily stared daggers as she climbed into the Model J’s backseat. “I sent you a message. I gave you a location. I need you. But you failed me. You’ve let me down, like you always do.”

“I’m...working on it!” Emilena recoiled as Lily moved her hand towards her. “Wait, don’t kill me!”

“I’m not killing you.” Lily laid a hand on Axel, and his body started shriveling. Before Emilena’s horrified gaze, the rat rapidly aged into a leathery withered corpse. “We had a deal. His life, for the location of the Purifier HQ. You failed at that too.”

“Stop!” Emilena couldn’t tear her eyes away. “Lily, change him back! I just need more time!”

"Too late. His soul is mine.” Lily brushed her hand lovingly against Emilena’s cheek. “Maybe you’ll try harder for your own,” she whispered mockingly, and her voice grew to fill the car. “Find me. NOW. Or you’re next.

Emilena woke up with a strangled gasp. “Augh!” Head spinning, she tried to sit up and smacked her head against the doorside handle. “Augh!” she repeated, this time clutching her head in pain. “Christ…”
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:14:36 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Heh..." Tony smirked to Awe at the revelation. "Now that doesn't sound half bad! I mean I kind of was like that in my younger days... bit more reckless... always pissing my dad off..." he grinned, opening his mouth to continue, when suddenly, a noise from the back seat caused him to jerk upright and whip his head around as Emilena proceeded to strike her own head on the door handle.

"Jeez!" the ferret exclaimed. "You all right? You're safe... in the back of my car... we're underground at the moment." he informed her, hoping she wouldn't panic or anything like that, as there were a few others heading to their cars in the garage, all of whom he kept a close eye on. "You uh... OK?" he asked, jamming a toothpick in his mouth as he began twirling it a bit in the corner.

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena's dream-awakening had not fully prepared her for how dizzy she'd feel upon actually waking up. Her tongue felt like chalk and cold flashes left her skin feeling clammy. "Ughhh..." she groaned, burying her face in her hands. "I'm...fine." She shivered and elected to stay under Axel just for his warmth. "Considering I should be dead. Thanks, sincerely." She looked at the two in the front of the car. "To both of you. Tony for administering this stuff and Awe for being the only reason we managed to get it in the first place."

She wiped cold sweat out of her eyes. "That being said, I wouldn't say no to, maybe a sweater..."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
The sound of voices reached Axel. Dim, far away. Urgh... who's talking? It's late, just let me sleep! He groaned as he became aware of a deep, painful throbbing in his head, like a fist knuckling the inside of his skull. Had it been another late night? Too much to drink again? He didn't remember drinking... Not that that means much, I guess.

Axel grunted as something moved under him, a warm body. "Lily, what's -" His cheek brushed fur, and he stopped. Fur? Creaking open his eyes, Axel looked blearily around himself, blinking as he saw Tony sitting up front. Had they gone out together? But then...

Recollection hit him like a tonne of bricks. Eyes wide, Axel looked up to see who he was lying on, and he froze, mouth hanging open dumbly, when he saw it was Emilena.

"Yargh!" He jerked up, his back slamming against the door in his haste to sit up. "Christ, I'm sorry!" Axel winced as the sudden movement sent a jolt of pain shooting through his brain. "Argh, my head..." Taking a second to collect himself, he opened his eyes. "So we made it out? Thanks for getting us out of there Tony, saved our asses..." Axel paused when he noticed the other figure sitting up front.

"Oh... you're here too." He blinked at Awe, one hand still rubbing his temple. "So you came through for us... I, ah, guess I owe you thanks too. If we didn't get those antidotes, that could've been ugly."

Axel glanced across at Emilena, frowning as it only just dawned on him that she had nothing to wear. He hesitated, then unzipped his hoodie, offering it to her. "You can borrow this, if you want. Sorry about the, ah, stains..." As he held it out, Axel looked about. "Wait, where're the others? We've gotta go, if anyone finds out we were here..."