The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How crackdown is copyright on LBT?

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
I remembered copyright strikes were crazy on LBT back in 2008 how is it now?
I'm planning to make a youtube series called reality not included where different characters including the lbt characters visit the BEDROOM. I'm just worried coz I rechecked my youtube and it seems like my old lbt videos are compromised.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Oct 30 2011 on  05:37 AM
I'm planning to make a youtube series called reality not included where different characters including the lbt characters visit the BEDROOM. I'm just worried coz I rechecked my youtube and it seems like my old lbt videos are compromised.
It's worse now!  The account I had made for The Land Before Time nearly got taken down!  They don't allow ANY footage of The Land Before Time on YouTube by itself.  In fact, I've been fighting tooth and nail just to keep some reviews of them up on there.

As for the songs?  Gone!  TV Series Episodes?  Gone too!  Sound recordings and modifies?  Slowly getting taken down.

It's pretty tough to put something of The Land Before Time on YouTube now since Universal has gone to a lot of trouble to ensure it can't be put up.

As for other places?  Best of luck!  It's not easy finding places that haven't had the footage integrated into the sites.  Dailymotion doesn't allow it.  Vimeo and Veoh, you are likely to get banned for putting it up.  I'm lucky to have it up at the places I do right now, and I don't expect those to stay.  I'm thinking of going the way of using my own server just so my site can have the TV Series on there.

Bottom line?  You have to either be creative with your stuff so it doesn't get detected, or you're going to have to be ready to fight to keep it up.

Universal's pretty much a Copyright Nazi with LBT right now.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 30 2011 on  07:27 AM
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Oct 30 2011 on  05:37 AM
It's worse now!  The account I had made for The Land Before Time nearly got taken down!  They don't allow ANY footage of The Land Before Time on YouTube by itself.  In fact, I've been fighting tooth and nail just to keep some reviews of them up on there.

As for the songs?  Gone!  TV Series Episodes?  Gone too!  Sound recordings and modifies?  Slowly getting taken down.

It's pretty tough to put something of The Land Before Time on YouTube now since Universal has gone to a lot of trouble to ensure it can't be put up.

As for other places?  Best of luck!  It's not easy finding places that haven't had the footage integrated into the sites.  Dailymotion doesn't allow it.  Vimeo and Veoh, you are likely to get banned for putting it up.  I'm lucky to have it up at the places I do right now, and I don't expect those to stay.  I'm thinking of going the way of using my own server just so my site can have the TV Series on there.

Bottom line?  You have to either be creative with your stuff so it doesn't get detected, or you're going to have to be ready to fight to keep it up.

Universal's pretty much a Copyright Nazi with LBT right now.
Is it because Bron's voice actor is making noise again or are they trying to save profits.  :p
Well I can't use LBT these days coz of that recent take down I hope my danish LBT will survive.
Meanwhile are you interested in Spainish LBT 7^^
god universal has gone copyright mad

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
For some reason, Universal has left my account largely alone. A few mvs were blocked yes (though no copyright strikes against my account), but they have been so few and far in between. I have checked recently to see if anything changed and found nothing new. Most of my LBT videos are still available.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I seriously don't know why they haven't cracked down on my account. Maybe they will in the future, but for the moment, they seem to largely ignore my account.

There is a theory I had, but I don't know how valid it is. What if who is striking you is not largely Universal, but a troll, Pokeplayer? Think about it. There were trolls that impersonated Hasbro that managed to get MLP vids taken down. What if something similar is happening with you, only these trolls hate LBT?

I'm not saying that all the copyright claims weren't Universal. Some of them were I'm sure. But maybe a large portion of copyright takedowns were done by trolls. That might explain why my account has been largely left alone (for the moment).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
They've probably snagged your IP address or MAC address Pokeplayer.  And if they've done that, it's not fun changing your IP and MAC address.  Not to mention they probably have cookies stored on your computer too.  A good way to see if this is true is to change your IP and MAC address and clear out all personal data from all browsers on all computers in your house then create a new account.  Unfortunately that's all the info I'm going to give you on this.  I'm walking on a very fine line here.  Done properly, you can bypass any ban of any website using this technique, and I'm not eager to spread that technique around to everyone on the net.  There are people that deserve to be banned and it would be pretty bad if we couldn't ban them.