The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Great Valley Adventure's 20th anniversary

Jrd89 · 16 · 2356

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
We're approaching the 20th anniversary of the first LBT sequel, "The Great Valley Adventure", which is coming up on December 13th.

I found a picture of a sealed copy of the original 1994 vhs, too: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0e/...ac4b73c5a70.jpg

It's Chomper, Ozzy, and Strut's 20th anniversary.

I remember first renting this movie in 1996 when I was just 6 years old along with the then all-new "Time of the Great Giving".

I can't believe it's been 20 years. :blink:  Wow, how the time flies.

This movie is special to me because it was the first LBT movie I ever saw.

I can also remember watching (for the first time) the part in the beginning where Petrie tried walking with his eyes closed!  :DD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Credit to the movie that rekindled my interest in LBT. I had seen the original movie in cinema and been an "LBT fan" while I was the proper age group. Then in 1997 I did see LBT 2 and I was (for lack of a better term) "melancholically impressed". When I saw the movie announced again in December 1998 (with several of the sequels following) I watched it... and it broke the dam.
I wonder, just what would the world be like had I not spotted the announcement back then? We'll never know. Sometimes life seems a bit random :p

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Oh yes I'd just released it was this time 20 years ago the first LBT sequel came out.  I remember seeing LBT 2 for the first time when I was about 5 I think. My mum rented it for me, not long after I saw the first film. I was really excited thinking. "What there's another one!" Back then I didn't know the title of the franchise and just called it Littlefoot. Which is what the films are called in Japan ironically.

I remember finding it funny when Strut asked in the eggs song if he could taste the leaf if he promised just to lick it. Don't why but I found that line really funny. :lol

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm... think I watched LBT 1 first. But I owned 1-5 all at once I think :lol. LBT 6 I never owned when in Ecuador but it played in Spanish once and we recorded it on VHS xD. I think in earliest 2000's bought LBT 7 and 8, and when I got back to the states in 2004, in between I guess 2004-2006 got 9, 10, and 11. Back then was pretty scrapped for money, even around the holidays, so I'd rather buy or ask for LEGOs most of the time then a movie I had watched :)

of course even that faded eventually

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice :)

LBT isn't one of my favourites but I like it nonetheless. It has good songs, a good story and some funny scenes (most of which are featuring the Eggstealers :p)
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They are both fun movies to watch with some great scenes.  I first saw it on cable tv.  Before I knew of this forum.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
This makes me feel old... :blink:

I feel like I owe Chomper a birthday present...I dunno...he's been my fav character for ages, and now he's getting so old.  :cry

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^ Same here.  It is hard to believe that, by US standards, Chomper will be old enough to drink in a year.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
By UK standards, Chomper would have be eligible to sleep around four years ago.  :p

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's the exact date today. December 13th, 2014!  

:celebrate Happy 20th anniversary to The Great Valley Adventure, Chomper, Ozzy, and Strut! :celebrate

As of today, the first LBT sequel has officially turned 20 years old.

Here's a picture of a copy of the original 1994 VHS edition for a look into the time capsule: http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/2811...1/1000x1000.jpg

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, That is a really long time.

...I feel old now :/
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Well, the Great Valley Adventure is in truth the first sequel, and first movie in the style of all the sequels that made us fall in love with the franchise.

It was actually the fourth movie I've watched after the original, III and IV. I found it at the local library when I was about ten, I was so happy I even cried a little bit when I saw it.

Its animation and storytelling set the bases for all the sequels who followed, and it rekindled the franchise, launching it forward.

The Time of the Great Giving was my least liked sequel when I was growing up, it’s a bit slow, and it lacks the action of II and the wonder and high stakes of Journey through the Mists. It has its merits, but it just didn’t have as big an impact on the franchise as the first sequel.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This sequel will always be special to me because it's the first LBT film I ever saw and it sparked my love of the series❤.  

Talk about feeling old.  I was seven years old when I saw this.  I remember immediately attaching to Cera's character😁.  I immediately loved Ducky too, but I saw so much of her in me.  Cera actually pushed me to let my feisty nature out more often, especially with mean kids at school.  My life definitely changed for the better because of a character I wanted to emulate more, and today, I'm feisty as ever but in a nicer way than Cera, that is😉.