The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 46330

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Try pushing the thin metal rod into the black hole on the wall opposite of the door. If it fits, push in as far as you can without losing grasp of the rod. Does anything happen now?

Mr. Stick puts metal rod in hole on the right wall...

*click*

!

It seems something clicked in the room, but mr. Stick can't see anything.

Do you?..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:54:48 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Perhaps the door unlocked. Try opening the door now.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps the door unlocked. Try opening the door now.

Mr. Stick, full of hopes, confidently goes to the door, prepared to open the door and leave this boring room...

...his dreams was crushed though. Lots of dreaming can't hurt, they said...

Door is still locked. Mr. Stick becomes more sure that it should be opened with a doorkey.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:55:23 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's go back to that gray hole in the corner. Try using the metal rod to pick out the blue item that's in there. Hopefully the arm length combined with the rod would be enough to reach it.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's go back to that gray hole in the corner. Try using the metal rod to pick out the blue item that's in there. Hopefully the arm length combined with the rod would be enough to reach it.

Mr. Stick thinks that even his hand with metal rod can't reach object at the bottom of corner hole, since it's two-three human arms length, and metal rod's is just about 1/3 human arm length. Anyway, he decides to check. Plus, after he inserted rod inside wall hole, bottom of corner hole could lift or something like this.

Mr. Stick takes metal rod back.

*click*

This sound appears again...

And then he goes to check corner hole.

No, it seems that hole's bottom didn't move anywhere, and he still can't reach object.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:55:40 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, so I know that a clicking noise can be heard when he inserts the metal rod into the black hole. Can he get a good sense of direction for the source of the sound? Mr. Stick can try the process of inserting the metal rod, taking it out, and reinserting it many times to get a good idea hopefully of where it's coming from.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Alright, so I know that a clicking noise can be heard when he inserts the metal rod into the black hole. Can he get a good sense of direction for the source of the sound? Mr. Stick can try the process of inserting the metal rod, taking it out, and reinserting it many times to get a good idea hopefully of where it's coming from.

Mr. Stick tries so.

*click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click*

He is sure that clicking sound sounds somewhere behind him, and not so close to him, at least not near right wall (where he is right now) and its corners.
And... it seems that...

Source of the sound is somewhere on or near the far wall (where light switch is), if he's not mistaken. He's not sure on what height though. It can be near the floor or near the ceiling.

But he still can't see anything suspicious.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:56:36 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps taking out the metal rod from that hole was a mistake in the first place. Go back to the gray hole and try to reach the item inside while leaving the metal rod in the black hole on the wall.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Go back to the gray hole and try to reach the item inside while leaving the metal rod in the black hole on the wall.

Mr. Stick checks corner hole while metal rod is still in the wall hole.

No. Hole bottom is at the same position. He still can't reach item.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:56:54 AM by Sneak »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Put the rod back in his inventory and click off the light. Does anything appear different now?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Put the rod back in his inventory and click off the light. Does anything appear different now?

Mr. Stick takes metal rod back.

*click*

And then he turns off the lights.

He thinks he can't see something new or different.
Do you?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:58:14 AM by Sneak »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm. No, I don't notice anything different either.

With the lights still off, put the metal rod back into the hole in the wall and make it click again.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With the lights still off, put the metal rod back into the hole in the wall and make it click again.

Mr. Stick puts metal rod back to the hole.

*click*

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:58:28 AM by Sneak »

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A-ha...

Investigate the white dot that appeared on the wall.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Investigate the white dot that appeared on the wall.

Mr. Stick goes to investigate new glowing object on the wall.

It's yet another small hole. Very bright light comes from other side of the hole.
It looks exactly like door keyhole, just smaller.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:58:41 AM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good job, StardustSoldier! :celebrate
Turning off the lights was actually going to be my next step before you arrived.

I wonder about that smaller door keyhole that has recently been revealed. Hmm... :thinking

Will using the key that Mr. Stick already has in his inventory work with that keyhole?

Surely the key that was available since the beginning isn't completely useless, is it?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder about that smaller door keyhole that has recently been revealed. Hmm... :thinking

Will using the key that Mr. Stick already has in his inventory work with that keyhole?

Surely the key that was available since the beginning isn't completely useless, is it?

Mr. Stick takes small key in his hand and tries to use it on the lock, hoping this time it fits...

...and it fits! Mr. Stick turns the key and opens hidden cache!

He dares to look inside.

Inside the cache there are source of the light - activated flashlight, another sheet of paper, and sort of button on the wall.

<Congratulations! You solved the first puzzle!
Much more awaits you up ahead...>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:43:42 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Before I make any rash movements, get the paper and see if there's anything written on it.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Before I make any rash movements, get the paper and see if there's anything written on it.

Mr. Stick takes piece of paper and, thanks to flashlight's light, he reads it.

Something is written there.

Putting paper to his inventory, he notices something was behind the paper.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:44:21 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Based on my quick research, 636 seems to be an angel number. A good sign I suppose.

Now then, inspect the black dot that was just found behind the paper. Is it a button like the red button above it, or something entirely different?