The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How you fell in love with dinosaurs

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
As much as I want to say that my love of dinosaurs - and prehistoric life in general - was jumpstarted by The Land Before Time or Jurassic Park or Walking with Dinosaurs, to do so would be dishonest.

There are humble beginnings, and there are horrid beginnings.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Not that I cared at the time, I was young and I ate him up; that aside, I believe my first exposure to semi-presentable dinosaurs was through the Imaginext line of dinosaur toys from the early 2000's.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 04:30:04 AM by Nanotyrannus »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My passion for the prehistoric and all things dinosaurs was started by both The Land Before Time and Jurassic Pawk. I remember coveting my LBT VHS copy, and asking my mum to draw Sharptooth for me from the traditional US cover. I then was dazzled by the realistic dinos of Jurassic Park in theaters, and carried around my Adult T-Rex toy that now goes for 200.00 USD New on Amazon!

Interesting that in both cases, Spielberg was behind my Saurus conversion, he executive produced LBT in 1988, and then directing JP in 1993. 

In short LBT and JP jumpstarted my dinomania, which stays with me to this day.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:47:44 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I fell in love with dinosaurs originally because of Fantasia, but TLBT made me love them even more, especially since I was too young for Jurassic Park at the time.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I am the same as lbtlover. No special interest in dinosaurs, more in the series itself :)

Same for me, in fact. One time when I was watching Stone of Cold Fire, my mother even commented how I was never remotely into dinosaurs as a little kid.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
My special interest in dinosaurs wasn't ever too intensive as a kid, but it was definitely there. I liked to collect figurines of them and learn all the species  :MomCompassion

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~