The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RockingScorpion's Side Projects

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Chronicler: As I kept forgetting to finally post the drawings. :sducky
And yeah, the name Pinkie McPie got in my mind right after that scene came. Not so creative but it's a perfect fit. :)littlefoot

Kor: I definitely will.

So, to the update (which was finished quite a while ago but oh well, better now than never ^^spike ).

[align=center]Million Years Ago

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

I actually wanted to draw ponies here, but somehow it turned into ice type dinosaur pokemon. :)littlefoot

"Only" one new drawing for this update, but there is more stuff to come for sure, both drawings and photography. My final exhibition will be this weekend, and after that I'll upload the photos online as well.
I made 7 series in total for that occasion, and to not spam everything with those, I'll upload one of them each week, so the upcoming weeks should be covered by those as well. Although I might not upload everything since there are actors involved sometimes.

Hope you like this update, and until next time.

RS

(ps: wohoo, new page)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Till the end I'll be with you

Source

20 years ago the first pokemon games were released.
Still playing them today, which makes Pokemon (after LBT of course) the thing I've enjoyed for the 2nd longest time in my life. :)littlefoot

And I'm having a blast with Yellow atm, I already got my Mew http://img14.deviantart.net/fd7e/i/2016/05...ion-d9thxtb.jpg
had some more fun with glitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwoTMlJSIqA
and discovered a glitch in Lavender Town Tower: healing in there while Pikachu is defeated will mess up the way he follows around and you can't interact anymore.
But that one isn't so easy to reproduce, no idea what I did to get it except healing in there.
They even left the game corner as it is and bad names are still not blocked. xD
And that you can trade without a cable now and even use the online bank is genius.

So yeah, because the hype is pretty strong these days, I wanted to make something Pokemon related, and I picked Mew for various reason, it just played a huge role in Gen1 and there was an event a while ago as well because of the anniversary. Also, this: http://pre15.deviantart.net/2b12/th/pre/i/...ion-d9tgg6o.jpg

Did you enjoy the games too or are you still playing them up to this day? Lemme know in the comments if you want. :)

Alternative background version (but I like this one more): http://orig03.deviantart.net/ecb9/f/2016/0...ion-d9truml.jpg

So, hope you like this one and until next time. :)

ps: this background will probably be used for my LBT Top Trumps game as well, for all the characters who can fly.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
A new season of MLP:FIM has just started, and this brings back a project I did during the last one:

[align=center]Knock Knock?

Source

Jup, once again I'll draw 24 images related to the episodes. I had lots of fun with this during the last season, so I'm sure I'll have that this time as well. :)

Hope you like it, and please avoid any spoilers at all for episodes that haven't aired yet in the comments if you make one. :)

RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow nice  :lol Spike is like "I got muscles like a man, hua!"
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks Ducky123 - and you start to remember the names. If I continue spamming you with pony stuff you might end up as an expert for a show you're not even watching. :D

Another episode, another picture:

[align=center]Staring Contest

Source

Hoo boy...imagine a staring contest between Maud Pie and Fluttershy? Question: What do you guys think, who's gonna win that one? :)littlefoot

Also, here's a little story including the drawing. I tried submitting it to Equestria Daily, as I always do. Only now (and after I submitted every single MLP drawing I ever did for my season 5 series which were done the same way as this one ) they asked me if this stuff is traced or not. It's not, but obviously directly related to a scene from the episode. However, I wasn't in the mood to argue and prove anything, so I told them to just not post the picture.

Then they did it anyway. Alright. xD

Did you like the episode if you've seen it? Also, please no spoilers about upcoming episodes. :)

Hope you like this one and until next time.
RS

edit: uncolored version is linked on deviantart as usual. ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Time to get this topic up to date with my stuff again, I'd say. :D

[align=center]GalaCon, Jahresereignis fuer My Little Pony Fans

Source

This was something I did for my final photography classes. A report on the MLP Fandom, with pictures taken at GalaCon, the biggest european event. The pdf can be found at the source link, but it's all german n stuff - the photos are something to look at as well though if you want. :)

[align=center]M-M-Marvelous!

Source

I decided to change the "one picture for every new mlp episode project a bit. drawing one that resembled one scene was done last time. This time for S6 I'll draw stuff that might've happened off-screen but wasn't shown.

[align=center]Happy Birthday Jan - Jananimations Tribute

Source [/align]

Jan is a freelance animation artist and I've been following his stuff for a few years now, so I made him something for his b-day. If you wanna check out what he did so far, I linked all of his animations that are referenced in that picture at the source. ;)

[align=center]How did you two get through?

Source

That question is even asked in the episode after they went through that tunnel. :D
(And yeah I know teleport spells are a thing in pony land, but drawing it like this was more fun. :D )

[align=center]Dragon Lord Ember

Source

Not really a part of the MLP Season 6 art project but I felt like trying to draw the new character from the last episode. The sketch wasn't too bad so I turned it into a digital vector image. The most complex vector image I've worked on so far, I think I almost hit the limit of single vector layers I can put into one file with my computer still being able to handle it. :D
That rocks took a while, and this'll be the piece I'll submit to this year's charity auction at GalaCon. I hope it gets accepted. :D

That's it for this time, and any kind of reply/feedback is always appreciated. More stuff is coming but it's LBT related so it won't be posted here.

So hope you like the latest updates and until next time :)
RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Update Time:

[align=center]How To Crush Your Dragon

Source

[align=center]Beginner's Guide To Voice Acting

Source

[align=center]Sly Fox, Dumb Bunny

Source

I loved Zootopia so much, I just had to draw something related to it. :D
Also, in the last post I said Dragon Lord Ember was the most complicated vector image I've worked on so far.
It's not, at least not anymore. :D
Everything in that picture can be upscaled endlessly, but I had to split it in two files, one for the background and one for the characters. There is a lot of stuff in there and it was easier to handle for me this way. :D

Did you guys like Zootopia as well? Favourite Character/scene/anything? Or wasn't it something you could enjoy?

That's it for now, hope you like this update and until next time.

ps: I have a fancy new signature which I used for the first time ever in that Zootopia fanart  :)littlefoot

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Even tho I'm not a furry I did like the movie tho. And that's a very awesome drawing you made.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center][/align]

This topic is called "side projects" but this one is definitely a main project. I took lots of videos during my week in Egypt, and the best ones are now all together in a 45 minutes long movie. Hope you guys have time :)littlefoot I tried my best to make the experience worth it.

Video here

For everyone who's curious, a site that has all the species names is linked in the youtube description. It's mostly german though but the scientific names are there and no english site I found covered as much as this one.

Hope you enjoy. :)

Edit: it might also be just the right thing to watch before going to bed. :D

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well for me it will be hard since I don't speak German or known German so might pass it up. But glad you posted the video.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks.  :)littlefoot

Update time.

[align=center]Julia Meynen as She-Ra

Source

I rewatched the GalaCon 2016 Retro Panel again recently and at some point in that panel the idea came up to draw Julia Meynen's pony character (german VA of Twilight Sparkle) cosplaying as She-Ra. GalaCon might be over for quite a while now but I did it anyway because I felt like it. So yeah. :D

I also tried a new way of adding colors. Not sure if I'll do it again this way, but it was fun to mess around with.

Hope you guys like it and until next time.

RS

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes it's outstanding like always I enjoyed the picture you drew a lot. The colors are quite good and they look awesome.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks once again. :)

Almost one year ago I made a Flutterbat Icon. This year I got a Flutterbat Plushie at GalaCon, so I made another one, using the style I have established during this year. I also put a GalaCon wristband on said plushie, which is why she has one in the picture.

[align=center]Flutterbat Icon

Source

Hope you like this one and until next time.

ps: new avatar. :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice, I can really see the improvement there, though the other style looks good too ^^spike

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Your FlutterBat picture is amazing and very well done.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Your FlutterBat picture is amazing and very well done.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments. :)

hm...I wonder if this works..
and it does. :)littlefoot

Gentle Giant

My first picture with a drawn background. The Pokemon is still a vector.
Lapras isn't exactly a giant but it is somewhat big and I just like this title.
Also, who said they can't dive? xD
And take a cookie if you know where I got my inspiration for the fin movement. :D

source

FullHD Wallpaper

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And take a cookie if you know where I got my inspiration for the fin movement. biggrin.gif
Might be the Swimming Sharptooth from LBT 9?

Anyway, this is really cool  :lol Must have been a lot of work to get that background to look awesome  :wow

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Very awesome lapras was drawn beautifully. You did a fantastic job on it.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments. :)

@Ducky123: Kind of. That way of movement for sea reptiles is how paleontologists imagine it in general, so the LBT crew did their research job there.
Click here for example.
But you get a cookie anyway. :D