The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 293895

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 the guard opened Kovu's cell and pointed ' You, lion, Come with me" he demanded grabbing kovu and pushing him out of the cell ' i'm to move you to a new location, one more befitting your rank. this new cell has more stuff in it for you, just dont get too comfortable. the last guy who was in this cell, lived there a grand total of 2 days, he was killed in his next fight. ' he said. ' you won;t have a roommate for the time being, so you'll have more space to yourself/" He added as he guided kovu up a flight of stairs' we've got a long walk ahead of us."
-
 Toger and ,Luca found Flash and Mona and guided them to a rowboat ' We  are headed to the Hotel , kids ' Luca said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"No, I'm pretty sure there was no 'near' about how hard the Spire of Winter blasted us," Aimee shook her head.

Shakila cleared her throat politely. "Ahem, Aimee's just a bit shaken up. Thanks for bailing us out," she smiled. "Let's get back to the ship--"

"--Actually," Aimee interrupted. "You said you were on vacation here? I'd like to see the planet for a bit, if that's possible."

Shakila gave her a sideways confused glance, but didn't belabor the point.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Certainly" tarrax nodded, as he flew  the shuttle  towards the spire of winter " We'll drop the shuttle off for repairs and examination, and then I'll fly you girls around the island,  I understand the hotel here is nice ' Tarrax said. " We'll get some food for you girls as well, as  I imagine you are both hungry. When was the last time you had something to eat? One does not do well when one is very hungry. I'm sure there's a food place here as this island gets a good number of visitors. " He addeed as he approached the ship, which was docked in the shallows off of hoolefar Island. Below them Tarrax could see a series of boats being rowed to shore, as slowly the residents of the ship made their way ashore.  " looks like  some of us have already started exploring the island. We'll join them, as soon as I drop this off. You girls can ride in the saddle on my back. normally, the only one who rides in the  saddle is mater Stripetail, but I dont think you girls would like me carrying you in my claws." tarrax chuckled.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"Tarrax, status of shuttlecraft that was destroyed?" the communications officer asked over the communications systems.

------------------------

Ms. Swimmer was strolling about the tropical setting of Hoolefar Island. Compared to Pokitaru, it was much less crowded. Though that have had to do with how isolated the planet was. Even so, the native Hoolefoids were quite friendly. Indeed, when they saw her magic staff, they helpfully pointed her to the Hoolefar Magic Emporium.

------------------------

"Well, this is a nice change of pace," Dr. Kerzach said as he sat on a bench. He had purchased a tropical fruit cocktail.

Dr. Zanasiu nodded as he took a seat next to the Cassowary. "Definitely, hopefully that bastard Chong doesn't know where we are."

-----------------------

Of course, Chong's forces were on the ocean planet. They were just on Darkwater Cove, just across the storm-tossed Azorean Sea. A few of his quartermasters were bargaining with the local scoundrels for weapons and other illicit items. The fact they had hundreds of thousands if not millions of bolts to throw around was quite helpful.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Then let me off first," Aimee folded her arms. "I refuse to step one foot on that ship."

Shakila laughed nervously and nudged Aimee. "C'mon Aimee, let's not hardball our rescuer, we're just--"

"The Spire didn't rescue us, it tried to kill us." Aimee interrupted. "Unless Captain Carson feels like giving me an apology, which I assume she doesn't, I'm staying right here on the planet."

"Aimee, we didn't answer their hails," Shakila murmured under her breath. "Their actions were protocol. Stop being a stubborn jackmule."

"What are they gonna do about it?" Aimee's eyes flashed. "Shoot me?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:51:30 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" bringing it in for Examination and repairs. Crew  are unharmed, and were previously guests onboard the spire-  Aimee and Shajkila. I'm taking them around the isl;and for  some  sight-seeing before we have a debriefing done on them. they have been missing for several weeks, although they seem to have no memory of where they were or what they did during those weeks, or how they managed to get back into this dimension.  Apart from that, they seem to be unharmed. " tarax said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
  They didnt know it was you, Aimee. Had you made it clear who you were, they wouldnt have fired on you. Consider it as wires getting crossed up. ' Tarrax said. " You werent able to operate the communication system- its that large blue button on the dashboard to the left . In the meantime. i'll take you around the island and book you rooms at the hotel.  Do you have a preference?' tarrax said. " I could get you rooms right on the sea, if you prefer.  up to you"
-
  Captain Darkwaters crew were tough negotiators, but  having  crates full of bolts to trade with madde the transactions easier to complete.  Ghostly blades, shock-nets, and Zoni-inspired blasters were available for purchase.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Darkwater Cove)

The shocknets were incredibly popular with the men as they would allow the capture of new "volunteers" for the Dreadzone. For obvious reasons, Vox only paid for live captures. And as previously demonstrated, they worked remarkably well on aircraft.

"So," one of Chong's men said as he examined the net launcher. "Will this work on vehicles?"

One of Darkwater's pirates scoffed. "One shot from that'll fry pretty much any land vehicle you come across. But if you run across something a little more resistant, just crank up the dial." The pirate pointed to the aforementioned dial. "Just a word of warning, use low power when you're targeting organics...unless you want to bring your boss a pile of ash. But hey, maybe he wants that. I ain't judging."

---------------------

(Hoolefar)

"Good work Tarrax. I will alert Captain Carson as soon as she is available."

---------------------

Mr. Bigmouth cleared his throat. "Everyone, I have great news," he said. "I have managed to break into one of the signal relays and pinpoint the location of the Dreadzone."

"Perfect!" Tyrell exclaimed.

"We've been over this," Amiti said as he sipped his tea. "A frontal assault is too dangerous. We must handle this like we handled King Wo. Diplomacy and subterfuge will get us quite far with these scoundrels."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 we must ingratiate ourselves ' Utsa said ' This is the sort of deep undercover job that  quite likely will require weeks if not months of working at Dreadzone as well as the planets its fights take place on. Interviewing as many people as possible. We cannot let ANY hint of our true intent slip, or we'll find ourselves thrown into the fights ourselves- and those fights are ALWAYS to the death. Vox doesnt care how much blood is spilt , so long as he gets ratings and cash. " she turned to Bigmouth ' Can you patch the relay through to this?' hshe gestured and a large holoscreen appeared on the table. ' If so we can find out what fights are going on, andwhere. that will narrow down where we have to look."
-
 Thank you. Let her know as soon as possible." tarrax responded.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth nodded and fiddled with his tablet.

The holoscreen flared to life and a pounding industrial rock track boomed out from the speakers. It was a somewhat blurry still shot of a very familiar living F-22 on full afterburners chasing something and trying to shoot it down with her wing root mounted autocannon.

"Might that be one of your planes?" Amiti asked.

Mr. Bigmouth paused the screen momentarily and frowned. "It's Rainbow all right. And judging from this, it looks like she's already had at least one fight."

He resumed play and the music stopped and the announcer spoke. "Tonight's main event will bout will be our magic versus machine bout!" Two pictures of what was clearly Rainbow and Drobot along with two winged humanoids. "Who will win? The cold steel of machine or the mysterious powers of magic? Tune in tonight! But first a word from our sponsors."

Chong's smiling face appeared on screen as he pitched a new magic munition. It appeared to be a bomb that when dropped set off a razorblade typhoon spell, releasing numerous bouncing discs of water that quickly tore apart anything in their path. And judging from the test footage, he had boosted the spell to such a degree that it was capable of tearing apart lightly armored vehicles. 

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 so we are going to have to go there ' Utsa said, sighing as she she beheld the footage ' Mr bigmouth, have you pinpointed Dreadzones location from the relay yet" If so, then we need to get going. a dramos 10 transporter is en route from  dramos. has interdimensional travel,  and can travel at great speeds . for those of you who are hungry, yes it does have a snack bar , and a regular bar for those who like to drink. many of the drinks are native to dramos, but since we do travel around dimensions there are drinks from other regions. all food and drink are free  as well, so help yourselves ' Utsa said.
_
 do they have anything from Far Far away" Dragon asked " Hmm. I'm not sure.' Utsa paused ' maybe, if your home  has magic in it, we do buy magical drinks where we can get them. So theres a small chance, we might have drinks from there. no guarantee of course." dshe then turned to the sreen, where Chong was promoting various magic-themed weapons, such as a magical blace  hole device  that sucked you out of the dimension' Where you end up.  even I dont know! Nor do I care! Ha Ha' Chong's malevolent grin made Utsa's eyes narrow " I see why he's been such a thorn in your side." She said tersely.
_ Hes scum" Dixie said and Stitch nodded ' mesa wanna tear him apart!' He said spouting his second set of claws " Hold on Stitch" nick put up his hand. ' Look We'd all like to see Chong  crushed inside  a trash compactor, but we have to get our friends back. And my ship as well if possible.Chong is profiting mightily from this arrangement with Vox, hes likely made enough money by now that he can buy his own ship and dump the Phoenix into some  intergalactic junk yard.  "
 (DreadZone)
 The guard led Kovu to the end of a hallway, and ushered him inside a cell door. a large holovision screen hung in the corner ' an automated voice  emitted from the Tv ' welcome Your Majesty to your new cell. A Far cry from your previous position, no? . you've gone from king of jungle, basking in the sun, and enjoying the spoils of lordship, to scraping for survival on holovision. Don't worry " scarred One", you'll be happy  to know that your family will soon be joining you as  , ahem ' guests' of Dreadzone. Whether you live long enough to see them again, will depend on your fighting skill- and large dose of luck. enjoy your stay." the voice  stopped talking and the screen turned dark.  Kovu's face darkened ' when i get my hands on vox, i'm going to rip him apart!" he growled.  Kovu slammed his fist against the wall.
-
 Thiago was brought out to the transporter ' You're going To shaar, to fight in one of the temples Bundle up, as theres a snowstorm coming in."  the guard said to him.
-
 ( Hoolefar Island)
 Vushu reached the shore and soon caught up to Vitani and Li'ella who were walking around the town, looking at the  various buildings, some of which were reesudential houses, others were  ski rental places, or  food places. ' Hi girls?' Vushu smiled ' Mind if I join you? ' Hi Vushu Vitani smiled. " good to see you made it. I dont mind if you tag along. the more the better." Li'ella and I  are just seeing what this town has to offer. " It doesnt have quite the amenities of the last resort" LI'ella said ' but theres a racing course in the jungle, and one on the water as well. there's also a beach where people  can hang out."
 Vitani smirked ' i'm guessing thats where Kiara will be, tempting all the guys with her curves." " Sima, as well. either that, or grabbing a bite to eat. dear lioness has a bottomless ppit for a stomach." Vushu said . Elida and Eris landed in front of them ' Hi  there " Elida smiled ' you girls headed down to the hotel?" Eris and i just flew around one of the islands offshore, and could do with a nice bit of relaxation."  Come along ' Vitani said with a wavbe of her claw and 5 girls headed into the the center of town.
_
 sima lead Kiara around the town, each of the lionesses wearing dressy attire - well as dressy as attire got on mawashii. Kiara wore a nice blue dress, while Sima wore a friilly red combo.  " They were heading towards Hoolefar Beach, which was a harge sandy public beach, whgere the water was shallow and warm, and local mingle with guests. here and there volleyball nets were put up, and a pair of hoolefoids were playing against some guests from  Pokitaru. the volleyball was purple.  Kiara recognized the two Spyros, who were smashing a volleyball back and firth across the net, their flying abilities meant the ball was kept constantly in the air. Old spyro was leading,  according to a scoring hologram , by a 14-6 margin. " "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I figured as much," Thiago said with a slight sigh. He knew such a battle would eventually come for him. The mountain cat followed after the guard.

"Hey boys...." Kiara smirked, showing off her form thanks to the new mawashi she was wearing. She was fine with the residents of the island getting a good view. It would help serve as a trial run for her and Sima's later Kovu-colored attire they would make.

"Good job Ollie," Oliver said as the two young cats reached the island. "I thought I had you until that last straightaway."  True to his word, Ollie got to enjoy a prize of candy.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"So I'm just supposed to shut up and forget that the Spire almost killed us?" Aimee demanded.

Shakila stepped in between her and Tarrax. "Any hotel room is fine," she quickly answered his question. "How about a seaside one? Those are always nice."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth nodded and pressed something on his tablet. A seemingly meaningless series of numbers came up but anyone with navigation experience would recognize those as the universal coordinates for a location in space. "Location has been pinpointed."

Ms. Swimmer nodded as Mr. Bigmouth made his announcement. "Then we should get ready and prepare to head out."

--------------------

Captain Carson was waiting inside one of the meeting rooms inside Reef Inn, one of Hoolefar's budget hotels. Even so, it was still rather upscale with a marine decor. "Tarrax," she said into her radio. "I am at the Reef Inn on Hoolefar Island. Send the newest arrivals there and I will meet them. Captain Carson out."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 No" aimee ' tarras said after receiving Carsons message ' In fact Carson is offering to meet with you at a meeting  room at the Reef Inn. I'll take you to her, while You talk things out with her,  I'll reserve for you a seaside room,  the best one I can get. "  tarrax picked up both Aimee and Shaila and put them in the saddle on his back with a single claw.  Tarrax then dropped off the shuttle in an open docking bay, directing Spirarian staff to repair the shuttle and run tests on it to find out what locations it had  been at,  prior to returning to this dimension. Tarrax then flew off towards Hoolefar Island, making his way towards Reef inn,  which was on the western side of the island and had  a large glowing Reef sign on top of it,  which made it easy to spot. 
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shakila and Aimee made their way to the Reef Inn. "So you heard Tarrax, right?" Shakila glanced at Aimee. "You're getting your meeting with the captain that you whined like a baby for. You happy?"

Aimee glared back. "She's not going to apologize. She's probably here to interrogate us about how we got on the shuttlecraft."

"I don't care what she does, she's the captain so treat her with respect!" Shakila barred the door to the hotel when Aimee attempted to march inside. "I'm serious. We're there to answer questions, she's there to talk. You only get two words, and they're "Hello captain. Capiche?"

Aimee folded her arms, but after Shakila showed no signs of backing down she sighed and relaxed her shoulders in submission. "Fine."

The two entered the hotel. When they didn't see Captain Carson in the lobby, Shakila asked the receptionist and they were directed to the meeting room.

"Hello, captain," Aimee introduced herself humorlessly as they walked through the door.

"Good afternoon, sir!" Shakila snapped off a crisp salute.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agumon and Gabumon were trying out some of the local cuisine at a  burger stand in particular Hoolaburgers, which looked odd, but were actually very tasty,.. Biyonmon joinred them on stools and trying some fried Skreeduck, which was pretty good, but filing.

Wendy and  Flurrie were trying out the water racing course together, and trying to beat the lap record of 3 minutes o and 18 seconds, and found that by catching the edges of whirlpools at just the right angle they could cut several seconds off of turns. ' This reminds me of that  course of Shipwreck island flurrie said ' Never been there,  My dad has though. Says its overrated ' Wendy said turning around a corner.
 Kopa was checking in at the Largest hotel on the Island , The Wooley Manor. He had reserved rooms for himself, Kiara, Vitani, Sima, Li'ella, Laval, Eris  Elida and Vushu. Each room had 4 large beds, 2 tvs and full bar and Snack areas.  their rooms had great views of the islands and were not cheap either, but Kopa and Kiara were wealthy and could afford the   cost.
_ Tiger was showing LUca, Flash and Mona around the island ' The hoolefar nature Preserve covered much of the island, and showed scenic views of the huge wind turbines which dotted the island and provided power for the main town. Mona rode on Luca's back, and flash rode on Tiger's ' so Moms not coming ashore, Dad?' Flash asked ' No, honey, the wizard is sending her on a dangerous mission.  You will have to stay with me for awhile. Here at least you'll have games to play, and places to explore, in relative safety. " and I have Mona to play with " Flash grinned ' And your other friends as well " Tiger nodded ' ' What hotel are we staying at mom?' Mona asked Luca ' well, we're staying at the " Reef inn' on the 4th floor. its on the western side of the island. There were other hotels but I couldnt afford the rooms there' Luca said/. ' You could have reserved it under my name, you know ' Tiger pointed out. as Miss Kitty and Tiger the Cat walked by, taking in the sights. "
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:50:58 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Look at all these beaches," Kitty purred to Tiger, "A nice warm climate, it reminds me of home. Wanna sit back and warm up in the sun?" she asked her husband eagerly. "Could do us some good." She wrapped her tail around his body romantically.

"You've had candy, now can we get some ice cream?" Oliver asked Ollie.

Ollie licked his lips. "Sounds good," the cat agreed. "I'm in the mood for vanilla."

Oliver pictured all the flavors in his head. Strawberry was his personal favorite.

In the ring, Carmelita had been given a slightly downgraded version of her shock pistol for a weapon. She was leaping around, dodging attacks and firing electrifying blasts at her enemies.

"None of you can stop me!" she roared.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Goombella Gombette and their friends walked into the hoolefar arcade  which included  such games as Nefarious Asteroids.  Zanifar oil pumpers and BIG Al's Math mix-up( which was reserved solely for those with more than 3 brains) and there were guests watching the games being played.  Goombette went over to watch a pinball game, while Goombella  went over to watch a green hoolaefarian playing ' Blast President Qwark!' Toadette was enjoying a drink at the small food stand in the corner.
-
 Flurrie and Wendy continued racing on the water track, so far they were doing well,  keeping pace with a hologram that matched the current record  lap time. Wendy smirked as they drew level then nosed in front ' we're getting close to the end, if we break the record , flurrie, how shall we celebrate? " with a kiss, darling! This race is really bringing out my dramatic side!" Flurrie said. A Kiss? You don't mean..on the lips?' Wendy said, blushing as she turned a corner under an arch.' Of course, dear Wendy.  a kiss on the cheek is something you do for grandmother!" I don't have a grandmother" Wendy said. " Just my dad, and siblings. And i don't kiss them." "You don;t believe in showing affection then?' Flurrie said as they sped up using a boost. " well,  my family are well, villains, you might say.We don't show affection, bad guys and gals don't do that. I'm really sorta dad's minion, and he sends me out to grab things. Jewels, magic rings, that sort of stuff. I was sent to fetch Junior, but I haven't seen him in weeks. Dad's going to toss him in the dungeons when I do find him.  On the plus side though I did tell him about you and kart racing. He ran into you before, during some sort of quest with that plumber. Hes fine with me racing with you. He might not be as fine about it if he sees us locking lips after wins." "You'll have to tell him that's how I celebrate victory darling! And We'll give him a cut of the prize money., say 5%" Flurrie offered.

"5%?" Wendy laughed " Hes' not going to let us off with that! figure 20-25%' Wendy said as they reached the final straightaway, it was a clear shot to the final line ' A hologram on their kart board showed they were now nearly 2 seconds ahead of the record pace.  Wendy grinned as she hit a boost which rocketed them forward. they crossed the line at 3 minutes 9. 78 seconds,  8.22 seconds ahead of the previous record.'  fireworks shot in the airs and ' New Record!" unfurled in the sky" Wow! you ladies didnt just break the record!" said the course manager, "you absolutely crushed it! And that record had stood for nearly 3 solid years!" 3 years!' Flurrie said " And its going to be at least that long before someone breaks yours, unless, of course, you ladies outdo yourselves. Why don't you ladies enter the Hoolefar Grand Prix? its coming up this week, as racers from across the galaxy race around Merdegraw! Top prize is a cool million bolts to the winning team!' The manager said. Both Flurrie and Wendy gaped ' 1 million bucks!'  Flurrie said " Thats a right fortune! It  would take  me years on stage to earn that much, even when  when I was younger wind spirit! " We're in!" Wendy Grinned' and the manager quickly had the duo's signatures on an entry form.  Wendy and Flurrie climbed out the cart ' and headed inland " Forest track record is 'the other one we should try." Wendy said as they rode a holotaxi toward the shore [' Aren't you forgetting our celebration, dear?' Flurrie said " Oh.. right' Wendy said  with a small smile. " Go ahead then Flurrie' Flurrie smiled and floated close to Wendy who put her arms around the necklace that hung around Flurries neck. Flurries dark red lips locked with Wendys dark pink lips, and the pair settled into the kiss.Wendy closed her eyes feeling, for the first time, another's lips pressed against her own. Flurrie broke the kiss after a few seconds ' Hmm " not bad Wendy, not bad, for your first. " Flurrie said. and Wendy turned red.Er , thanks " why dont we get a bit to eat before tackling the forest course? " I could go for a triple-stack burger, with toad peppers on it!'  " If they have that , dear. I could go for some Floaty Frosty, like those Dooplis makes me during intermission." Flurrie said as they reached shore.  the duo headed towards the food court .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:59:33 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Reef Inn, Hoolefar Island)

Captain Carson returned the salute. "Good afternoon," she said. "I admit, it was a shock seeing you two in that shuttlecraft, seeing as both you and the craft were recorded lost over Skylands. More importantly, how did you get access to that craft?" Her tone of voice was not raised and it remained neutral but there was a a firm undertone that demanded answers.

----------------------

(New Weyard)

Emperor Unan surveyed what was to be Tonfon. He had to admit, the Seer did and excellent job at replicating the climate and terrain of the old city. The air was warm and humid with sea spray and lush bamboo forests dotted the countryside. The only difference was the lack of the the blinding glow of the Apollo Lens atop a mountain. The docks and port were already built and teams of laborers and farmers were busy seeding the fields and reconstructing the town square. Prefab shelters helpfully provided by the Spirarians served as temporary housing until the more permanent homes could be set up.

The Tonfonese emperor looked at a slip of paper that one of the Spirarians gave him. It stated that because of New Weyard's location in the Polaris Galaxy, he could open his country's territory to the citizens of the galaxy or not.He tucked the note into his robes and made a note to discuss that with his advisors.