The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 39781

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga exclaimed excitedly, "Anything you can tell me would be good.  Anything at all.  I just want to find the valley so bad.  I've been looking for it ever since I left my herd."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail nodded and kindly said, "The only part is the rock that looks like a longneck, and I've been looking for it for days, which is why I fell asleep in the air."

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga pondered what to say for a momen and asked, "Well, do you know what general direction it is in?  Maybe we can work together or something."
Kaga couldn't believe his luck.  He had finally met a fellow traveler looking for the great valley but the traveler has no clue how to find the place except for a rock that looks like a longneck.  Such a rock could be hidden anywhere amidst the baren hills assuming that it even still existed after the quake.

(OCC: Eventually, I was hoping that Kaga would end up with the other group of travelers too.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Uhhhh...no." said Longtail looked upset and tired "I'm sorry I can't be of anymore help, but I wouldn't mind having some company while I travel....if you wouldn't mind that is." he said hopfully to Kaga

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga replied, a bit disoppointed, "Well, lets go then. All we can do is keep looking."
The iguanodon then asked, "If you want, you can ride on my back for a while and rest."

(OCC: Where are the other guys who were posting?  THis isn't much fun with only two people. :bang)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OOC: I'm gussing we just need to give them time to reply...and you are right this isn't a lot of fun with just two people...

"No that's okay, now that I'm rested up, I think I can fly for a while." said Longtail with a smile on his face.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Snork and Strafe continued their journey toward the huge rock monolyth.  The day was already half over and it felt as if they had made very little progress.  The scorching hot sun made things even more miserable.  Strafe was hating this journey more than ever before.  Why did the valley have to be so far away?  Why couldn't it just be over the top of a hill or something?  How much longer would she have to endure this journey?  It seemed to the iguanodon that she was destined to die here in this waste land.  At least she wouldn't have to travel alone though.  Strafe glanced over at Snork who looked like he was doing a little better than her.  Of course, he didn't just see his whole family die before his eyes and have to outrun a rockslide and a torrent of water either.  Strafe focused her attention on the monolyth in the distance and wondered how long it would take them to reach it.  So far today, nobody had said anything and Strafe wasn't in the mood to break the silence even though it may make the journey seem less tedious.  She just wanted the day to end so she could rest her sore, tired feet.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
In the late afternoon, the wind began to pick up as dark clouds gathered overhead.  Thunder rumbeled in the distance and Kaga could smell rain in the wind.
The iguanodon announced, "Looks like another storm.  Maybe we should find some shelter before it starts to rain."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked up a Kaga and said "Do you want it with green food or not?"

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga said, "Well, if you can find green food and shelter, I would be very greatful.  I haven't eaten for a couple of days.  I'm awefully hungry."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With pleasure my firend" said Longtail, he then began to sniff the air around him with his nose, and then said "This way!" to emhipize his point, he used his tail to point in the general direction...

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga nodded his scaly head and followed the Longtail in the direction where there would hopefully be food and shelter.  The storm was getting closer and the iguanodon didn't want to be out in the open with all that lightning.  The wind began to pick up and the thunder was closer now.  Kaga trotted faster to keep up with the flier in front of him, hoping that the cave wasn't too much farther.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail could see the cave in the distance and knew it wouldn't be much farther, but he could also smell the approaching storm and it was beginning to scare him as it brought back memories of his home being swallowed by the big water and almost being struck by sky-fire.

Just then a bolt of sky fire archs out of the clouds and lands directly in front of Longtail knocking him out of the sky, and into a deep sleep...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC: Alright guys, look.  Grievous55 and Raptor, I am getting sick of waiting for a reply from you.  I have been waiting for over a month for one of you to post.  You are holding me up and if you don't want to be in this rp anymore than just say so.  I really would like to move on already.  :bang  I'm not asking for a two page post.  Even a sentence would be nice but please post something.  I'm giving you guys until Friday this week to post a reply and then I'm moving on without you.  I have been waiting for you and General Grievous has been waiting for you so his characters can join the group and you are holding up both up.  I am not trying to be mean or anything but my patients has kinda expired.  Please say whether or not you still wish to be in this rp so we can move on.  
I don't think one post per week is too much to ask.  I know people get busy sometimes.  I'm busy a lot but I still find time to post at least once a week.)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OCC)Ok, time's up.  I'm sick of waiting.  Could someone fill in for Grievou55's character since he doesn't seem intrested in this rp anymore?  Go back and read all his posts so you can get an idea what the character is like and understand his personality.

As for Raptor's character, since he hasn't joined in with the group he can still join in if he wants.

Grievous55, you can come back any time you want but until you do someone else will have to do your chatacter.

Note: I believe Nick said it is alright if someone fill in for the character so I guess we have permission to do that.  I'll wait a little bit before posting again.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Note: I believe Nick said it is alright if someone fill in for the character so I guess we have permission to do that. I'll wait a little bit before posting again.

(I'll do it.  However, I still don't like the idea of having to use someone else's character.)

Just then a bolt of sky fire archs out of the clouds and lands directly in front of Longtail knocking him out of the sky, and into a deep sleep...

Kaga was startled by the sudden bolt of lightning and let out a cry of terror.  He leaped backwards and stared at the blackened place on the ground where the lightning had hit.  
Then, he saw Longtail on the ground and after discovering that the flier was alright, Kaga sighed and said, "Not again."
The iguanodon grabbed the flier by the wing and flung his head back, catapolting the flyer onto his back.  Kaga made a mad dash for the cave as heavy drops of rain started to fall.  Kaga ran inside the cave not a moment too soon.  The sky opened up and torrents of rain began to fall outside.  Kaga knelt down and let Longtail slide off his back and onto a flat rock.  Then he began to explor the interior of the cave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Sy and the others made their way through the pounding rain toward the cave in the side of the cliff.  Sy turned to Snork and Strafe and suggested, "Perhaps we should get out of the rain."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail opened his eyes and blinked wondering what exactly had happened, then he looked outside and saw the rain and it came back to him the sky fire bolt! He looked around and looked for Kaga, but he was nowhere to be found....

'I wonder where he went to?' wonder Longtail to himself

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, Sy and the others made their way through the pounding rain toward the cave in the side of the cliff. Sy turned to Snork and Strafe and suggested, "Perhaps we should get out of the rain."

Strafe and Snork followed Syinto the cave and out of the rain.  The two didn't notice the flyer and instead setteled down next to the wall to rest.
Snork's muscels ached and he did not feel like doing any more traveling today.  The swimmer rested his head on a rock and yawned tiredly.
Strafe nuzzled him and said, "It will be alright, Snork.  We'll make it to the valley."
It was the first time she has spoke to Snork all day.  Neither had said much for a while now.  
Snork chuckled and replied, "I know.  I am just so sick of alking though."
Just then, the two dinosaurs thought they heard something moving in the shadows.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail heard voices coming from the mouth of the cave and decided to go investigate. After a tense moment or two he came across two swimmers and didn't see Sy.

"Hello, who are you guys?" asked Longtail with an innocence in his voice.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Perhaps they are wondering the same thing about you." came Sy's voice as he emerged from the shadows.  "Oh and you may as well come out of hiding.  I know you're there." said the dilophosaurus as he looked toward a rock formation.  
Kaga emerged from behind the rocks and demanded, "What do you want?"
Sy chucked and said, "Everyone seems so harsh on my kind.  Sy means you no harm.  My companions and I were simply taking shelter from the storm."
Kaga then looked toward Snork and Strafe.  He surveyed Strafe for about a minute as it had been some time since he had last seen one of his own kind.  He thought she was very beautiful but he could tell she was sad and weary.  Apparently she had been through a traumatic experience recently.
Kaga asked, "Longtail asked you a question.  Who are you?"