The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 27047

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine kept looking around. "There's gotta be something we can use." Then he spotted a giant log that stood conveniently in front of the cliff. Yes. "That tree! If we knock it down, we can use it to cross!"

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Cyrix walked over to Zaine and patted him on the head, and said "Very good Zaine, now would you care to help push this tree so we can get across?" As Cyrix moved towards the dead tree Longtail shouted "Don't worry I'll get that tree down!" The little flyer then procceed to fly as fast as he could straight at the tree...

But as his head collided with the massive trunk the tree didn't even budge, and all Longtail managed to do was get his head stuck inside..."Uhhh...a little help would be nice!" however Cyrix was too busy laughing to be of any help...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That is a good idea." Littlefoot said.  "Does everyone else think so also?" He asked looking around.  

"I think it is good, I do." Ducky said.

Mim nodded, then watched as Longtail did what he did.  She smiled a bit and walked over to where Longtail was stuck.

"Is he hurt?" Ducky asked.

"I don't think so." Mim said as she grasp Longtail and looked closely at how he was stuck before she started to work carefully to try to extract him, leaving room so if someone else wished to help also could.  

"Try to relax Longtail and we'll help." She said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed a little. "Longtail, I admire your enthusiasm, really, but please don't go and kill yourself before we even get into the mysterious beyond." He then ran over to the tree and placed his head on the trunk. With all his might, he started pushing.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail did as his aunt commanded and relaxed his body while Cyrix came over to help Zaine push the tree over, however just as it started to move Longtail's head came loose and he landed on Cyrix's back. He then looked over to Mim and said "Thank you Aunt Mim!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I'm just glad you are ok now." Mim said smiling.  

"We all are, we are." Ducky said nodding.  

Littlefoot went over to start helping Zaine push the tree trunk across.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine noticed Littlefoot began to push as well. "Keep going guys! Just a little more and we can knock it over!" Zaine could hear the tree begin to split a little.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtial then decided to help again and this time took a safer approach and used his tail to whip at the tree trying to get it to fall over but he wasn't even sure it was working so he said "This isn't getting any easier!"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Unfortunately, nobody said this would be easy," Zaine commented. "Keep trying Longtail! I know we can knock this thing down." This time he knew he heard it split. "Almost there guys!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Oh good cause I thought it was just me pushing!" said Longtail sarcasticly for which his uncle quickly corrected him "Longtail, don't be so arragent! At least not now!"

Longtail remained quiet listening to his uncles words as he continued to push the tree.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim, now sure that Longtail was ok, started to help to push the log.  Littlefoot continued to do so using his shoulder and side, as he had done before.

"Not long now." he said.  

"We can rest after this is done." Mim said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed at Longtail's comment. "Oh, so is that what you were thinking?" He heard the tree split even more. "Just a little more!" Finally, the tree fell over and became stuck between the two cliffs, forming a bridge. Zaine jumped up with joy. "Yeah! We did it!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail and his uncle Cyrix sighed simultainously and as Cyrix said "About time...I was getting tired of pushing!" Longtail however cracked a grin and replied "But uncle Cyrix didn't you tell me once that getting tired was the first step in giving up?"

Cyrix at that point grumbled something under his breath and said "Well, we had better keep going...we don't want anyone getting to the stone before us."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded to what Cyrix said, "Yes, certainly not, though care and alertness is still needed."  She said, looking at the makeshift bridge to see if it seemed pretty stable.  "it seems as safe as it can be." She said after doing what examine that she could.  

Littlefoot nods, "My friends and I have crossed logs often.  They can be tricky, bit if you are careful things should be ok." He said.

"Oh yes, as long as you do not look down if it is a high place." Ducky said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Gee, thanks Ducky," Zaine laughed. He for one didn't really like heights too much, but he knew he had to deal with it if he wanted to get the stone. "Well then, who wants to go first?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I will. I'll take the front. Argaya can take the rear.' Vylor said.

He then took a step onto the log to make sure it would hold his weight.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nods, "Be careful." She said.

Ducky nods, "Crossing logs can be dangerous, yes it can." Ducky said nodding.

"Who wants to go second?" Littlefoot asked looking around at those present.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix then let a sly smile cross his face and without a word, or making any noise at all Cyrix grabbed his nephew and in a single moment ran across the bridge with Longtail to stunned to even scream. As Cyrix got to the other side of the tree bridge, he put Longtail down and patted his nephew on the head and just smiled.

He then looked back across the bridge and said "Anyone else feel like trying to cross now?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I will." Littlefoot said.

"And me on Littlefoot." Ducky said.

Littlefoot carefully got onto the log and walking slower then usual made his way across.  He mainly looked ahead, but looked slightly down to be sure he saw where the irregular areas of the log was so he would not trip on them.

"You are doing very well." Ducky said during his way across.  

Once he was across he went over to where the others were and Mim got on the log and started across.  She walked the way across with little difficulty, making sure of her footing before she put her next foot down.  Once across she went over to where the others were as well.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "I guess I'm left." Zaine put his foot onto the tree, and it seemed fine. Just don't look down. Zaine began to carefully walk across the log. He got to the middle and began to relax. This doesn't seem so bad

Just then, he heard a crak behind him. Zaine froze where he was and looked back. Oh no. The tree began to split and he looked back to the others. "Uh, guys? I think we've got a really big problem!"