The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Armegedon in the Beyond

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante walked over to Hunter, placing his hands on hers.  
"Just relax, Hunter.  It'll feel odd for a moment, but the feeling will pass.  Here.  Let me lend you some of my energy, to let you get a feel for the mana that you'll be using..."
Dante said, a glow travelling along his arm and joining Hunters.  The glow around Hunter continued to grow brighter untill...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hunter listened to her friends and took a deep breath as she felt Dante's hands against her. She then opened her eyes and for a moment the world was black and white, which was odd, but as she blinked to clear her vision. When she opened her eyes again things were back to normal...but something was different.

Hunter then looked around herself and was surprised. The spirits were gone! 'But they were here just a moment ago...I think...maybe I need to stop eating those red treestars.'[/]

"Where...did..." She looked up to Dante blushing, but she didn't want to sound stupid so she just asked "How did I get here again?"

Longtail smiled at Vylor and said "That's easy! My eyes are for more than just spotting food and prey! If someone has a special connection to someone else, or lost someone they loved....like my mother...then they receive the guardian's aura. That is how I can tell."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at her, eyes wide with amazement.
"Hunter you...you look...beautiful..."
He finally stammered...

"And do I have the aura, Longtail?"
Motochika asked as he stepped out from the trees...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter again blushed but didn't really care this time and said "T-thank you...Dante. Your very sweet to say such a thing."

Longtail turned his head and looked at Motochika for a moment and said "Yes...I can see it...it'g green..." He then turned to Soul to ask her a question...but she was gone. "Mom, where are you?" Soul sighed and said "I'm still here dear. I just thought it'd be easier to speak to my voice."

Longtail sighed and said "Well could try telling me next time right?" Soul laughed and said "Yes, of course."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I am.  Here goes...
Musou.  The spirit given form, come to me and grant me the ability to defy the fates!  Tidebreaker!  Roar!"

Motochika began to strum his instrument furiously, enveloping himself in a sonic bubble.  When the bubble broke into a storm of water, he stood there.  His body was glinting with silver markings that shifted and moved.  More suprising was his instrument.  Now it was a glittering shamisen, it's strings glinting in the light he was emanating.

"This...This is amazing...I..."
He stammered, eyes wide with shock...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail was actually impressed at Motochika's change. He smiled approvingly and said "Well...I like the new look, I am however eager to see what will happen when those sharpteeth arrive here."

He then looked to Zaine and asked "Well have you gotten used to talking to the spirits yet?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Then why haven't you sensed anything around Argaya or myself? Argaya lost her entire race, and I lost many friends that I deeply cared for.' Vylor said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail frowned and shrugged as he answered by saying "I'm not sure really...I mean I don't really know how to control what I see, or how it works...You may want to speak to my mother about that."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Well, it doesn't matter to me. I already have some amazing magical powers. And Argaya has her dragon magic.' Vylor said. He then began focusing his magical energy into his entire body, and an electric aura began appearing around his body. His hair began to glow bright yellow.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OOC: CTy Has asked me to post this for him to illustrate his last post and Vylor's powers...so here it is...

Seeing Vylor's aura take form he began to think... 'I wonder if Littlefoot can do something like this...he did lose his mother too.'

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: I just wanted to get the "It's over 9000!" joke in here. I found a way to get it in. I wanted someone else to make the comment.)

'I'm sure Littlefoot would have your abilities. I can sense something in him. Like what I sense inside you.' Vylor said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"The reason, I suppose, is that your power is no longer latent.  Your power is awake, and thus cannot be sensed in a typical fashion." Arius said, looking at Vylor's new form...

"Well.  Pretty cool Vylor!  So.  Everyone up to spar?"  Dante said, eagerly...
"Indeed.  Let's go, everyone..." Motochika said, shifting into his ready stance...

Outside the valley, a purple fast-biter ran up to his master, Blackclaw and bowed.
"Master.  I bear news.  I have sensed many...distinctive powers...from within the Valley.  What do you wish to do, my lord?"
Kireek bowed his head, awaiting his master's orders...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Thanks, Dante. By the way, I need a second to get my effects.' Vylor replied, and then his hair changed back to its regular silver. The electric aura focused around him, and then it began to coalesce into a pair of swords. One of the swords was silver, like the scale color of Argaya. The other was golden, like Vylor when he was a longneck. Also, two forearm guards appeared around Vylor's (thighs, right?  :lol ) forearms. There was a small elevated surface on both. At the end closest to his hands, there was a thin slot.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded to LOngtail. "Yeah, I guess I am kind of getting used to this new change." He then turned to his mother. "If I had this power all along, why couldn't I have used it until now? It could have helped me countless times in our adventures."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail and Hunter both smiled as Dante, Vylor and Motochika got into their fighting stances. Longtail then said "Oh yeah...this is gonna be fun!" Then he took up his battle stance as well. Hunter just continued to smiled as she stood absolutely still holding her ground.

Mia was the only spirit still visible and she faced her son for a moment and then said "Well up until this point you didn't need to know, but now that everything...including all life here and in the Mysterious Beyond is at stake...now your heart is  ready."

Longtail then looked over and asked 'You wanna join us Zaine...we could use another sparing partner...and it would give you the chance to test strong you really are."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine turned towards Longtail. "I guess I'll try. Don't completely kill me though." Zaine walked towards the group and dropped into his fighting stance. He looked at the others, waiting for someone to make the first move.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I'll be back in a minute. I just need to grab some weights to lower my speed. If I was to fight without those weights, I would be impossible to hit.' Vylor said, and with that, he went into a nearby cave. He then began to transform some of the rocks into replicas of the weights he had back at his home. He then put them on, and returned to the group.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail and his mother both said "Oh don't worry Zaine, as long as we don't use our claws, none of us should be truly harmed...or killed." Longtail then looked up at the sky and sighed as they both realized what they did. "Not again..." said Longtail with a smile.

Hunter on the other hand was getting tired of standing around and decided to make the first move. She jumped forward and tried to tackle Dante to the ground.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante's eyes widened as he saw Hunter charging him, and in the moment before she hit him, he jumped straight up into the air, dodging over her and laughing...
"Well, I guess that means we're on!"

Motochika, too leapt into action on hearing Dante's yell.  Lunging forwards, he strummed his shamisen, releasing a soundwave directly at Longtail.
"Agreed.  Let's go!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled as Dante jumped over her first attack and said "Well it's nice to know that your still on guard!" She then turned and charged him again, this time moving far faster than even she thought he could.

~~~~

In response to Motochika's attack Longtail used his wings as s shield and protected himself, then he retaliated by slapping his tail against the ground and causing an impressively loud echo under it as he did so...and he just smiled as he could only wait to see what everyone else could do.