The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

evolution in LBT

rosie · 7 · 1045

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Which character do you think are evolving physically,emotional and mentally or actually maturing?  :wow I wonder if Little Chomper will start evolving into a bird yet since he is eating worms and bugs.  <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is a difference between a character's maturing (within one character's lifetime) an a species evolving into another species (which can take hundredthousands or millions of years). In case of physical development the characters would grow up but not change in species appearance. Emotionally and mentally there are examples in about every single episode as this development usually poses the "moral" of an LBT story. The effect of one story's moral is not always carried into the next one though.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Minitrue mark evolution, dinosaurs doubleplusungood crimethink. Minitrue remake goodthink fullwise.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 27 2008 on  10:34 PM
Minitrue mark evolution, dinosaurs doubleplusungood crimethink. Minitrue remake goodthink fullwise.
Uh, what?

I agree with Malte on most points. Evolution of the physical body usually takes millions of years to become noticeable, and maturing is not evolving. Mental and emotional evolution can be considered maturing.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also one must remember that in some series where no one ages it may not be surprising for certain characters to keep learning the same lessons from time to time, and also that a certain lesson may be learned by different characters at different points.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What u meant there????

Getting a little of topic... this reminds me of the Simpsons, when will Lisa start to grow up?
I mean she is the smartest one in her family, but she doesn¥t grow up.
Well I guess that could be explained in the Simpsons special, when we discover thay Homer puted every day in Lisa cerials anti-growing hormones.
But even so, it would be cool to see a teenage Lisa and bart, and a fatter older homer xD
And when is magie starting to talk anyway?
Will Marge ever use is teenage hair again?

Hope so :^.^:

Sorry for the terrible off topic, but u started talking about growing up, I remembered this

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's Newspeak, from 1984, by George Orwell. "Minitrue" stands for the Ministry of Truth, which in the book was used to control people's thoughts and remove from history anything that didn't agree with the Party's beliefs. Roughly translated, it says:

"The Ministry of Truth has marked evolution and dinosaurs to be very, very bad and illegal thoughts. The Ministry of Truth will rewrite this thread to make it fully good thoughts."